**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

^ tyson is unrestricted so you never know... we got the money and got talent to surround him unlike before so its possible to pick him up... if we lost out on melo i see us going after a center in the summer... tyson would be my first choice and second would be dalembert

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/71172/20110115/title_is_more_important_than_money_to_carmelo/[/h1]
[h1]Title Is More Important Than Money To Carmelo[/h1]
Jan 15, 2011 6:56 PM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
Carmelo Anthony says the opportunity to win an NBA title is more important to him than money.

That is why Anthony has held off on signing a three-year, $65 million extension, which the Nuggets offered him last summer.

He is still weighing his options as rumors linking him to the Nets continue to run wild.

On Saturday, Anthony said he will only sign an extension with a team that gives him a chance to win a championship.

"I'm going into my ninth season. I have no time to waste right now," Anthony said. "I want to see the light at the end of the tunnel in my future. That light is a championship."

Anthony added that bringing a title to Denver has always been his dream, but that it may be fading.

"If I feel I can't do it here, I don't think this is the right thing to do," the forward said. "It's just the uncertainty in the future of the organization. It's a lot of things that come into play, contracts, not knowing what's going to happen in the future."

He later reiterated that no contract extension will be about the money.

"At first, a lot of people were saying it's a money situation. It has nothing to do with no type of money," Anthony said. "I don't care about the money. My ultimate at the end of the day is to win and win a championship. Whether I feel like I can do that here, whether I feel like I need to go somewhere else and do it, that's my own ultimate decision.

"You have to have a decision what's best for you and best for your career. Right now, whatever decision I make is going to be the best decision for me."

[h1][/h1]

okay those quotes make me feel better. the melo to nets rumors been relentless and depressing.

First off ...
mad.gif
@ the Kings loss.
30t6p3b.gif

The Jazz game was just a shoot out. Both teams shot ridiculous, but that was because of the D.
sick.gif
We gave up 30+ every quarter.

Shawne Williams
eek.gif
and Bill Walker
smokin.gif

4 Players with 20+. 
pimp.gif

Fields was outplayed and actually out hustled for the first game this season. Kirelinko was a problem out there. Not that it was all Fields against AK, but he stole a lot of those Fields type plays.

Amare only shot 11 times, but it looks like he's getting tired from the hard play so far this season. Wasn't really a factor in this one and the AK/Millsap/Jefferson trio is too tough for him down there basically by himself.

Felton tried to do what he could, but the refs weren't on my boy's side. He continues to do work vs. Top Tier PG's. Almost another triple-double.
glasses.gif

We had 1 block. We lead the league in blocks and that's what anchors our offense. When we get opportunities off blocks to fastbreak. Didn't happen that night.

Jazz are legit though, so I'm not that crushed over that loss, except for the fact that we were scoring so easily that if we would have played a little D we probably pull that one out.

Kings game.
eyes.gif

There is no PG on the other side for Felton.
laugh.gif
tired.gif
(shouldn't be the reason)

Amare continues to struggles. He's not a surprise for teams anymore, they are preparing for him and he's being frustrated. Add the fatigue and he's going through a rough stretch. Hopefully a big game on MLK against the Suns again.

This is the game Fields should have killed, because of the struggles the game before I thought he would come out with a big game.
ohwell.gif

Shawne Williams had no more ammo.
laugh.gif
0-6 after 7 3's.

Bill Walker tried to get something done, but we were never really in position, so his effectiveness was diluted.

This is why I like T.Douglas. I mean he has me ready to brake my T.V. sometimes, but he plays hard and plays tough. Injured and put up Felton numbers on a night Felton struggled. It was a great effort from T.D. Give him a lot of props.
glasses.gif

Chandler struggled, shot poorly. Maybe hitting the same kind of stretch Amare is hitting.

This was a Gallo game though. With him we win. When we have a full force of weapons and options to go through to see where the game should flow, Gallo would have been the man this night, he killed the Kings last time. Went to the line 17 times and had 27 points.

My son Dalembert wants to be in NY. Son was trying to impress somebody. 8 Pts, 8 Rebs, 6 Blks.
grin.gif
Should be doing that on our side.
nerd.gif

No excuses though, everybody in the locker room knows that game was
sick.gif
They better come out with a big statement tomorrow if they want to help people forget this loss.

congrats to the jets fans

so the nuggets granted nets the right to talk to melo about signing an extension. the camel face and russian will try to sell him. now we get to see what he's really about

Don't jump the gun yet.

[h1]Carmelo Expresses No Interest In Meeting With Nets[/h1]

Jan 17, 2011 12:37 AM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
In a post-game interview on Sunday night, Carmelo Anthony expressed no interest in meeting with New Jersey's top officials, who want a face-to-face discussion with Anthony to convince him to sign a contract extension with the Nets.

Anthony said contact with the Nets should be made by Denver's front office.

"I don’t want to talk to nobody. I let the front office handle that type of stuff."

Reports are swirling that the Nuggets have granted the Nets permission to speak with Anthony as the final details of a three-team trade are apparently being hammered out.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi...terest_in_meeting_with_nets/el/#ixzz1BGqGVtN8

roll.gif
Here's to things working in our favor
pimp.gif

im a giants fan but i aint mad the jets won and wish them luck in their superbowl run... hopefully the knicks can get a W tomorrow against the suns

yea i'm a giants fan too but it's hard not to root for the jets right now. being a jets fan seems just as excruciating as being a knicks fan so i want them to win a chip for the fans. plus the team is hilarious. doing back flips and $$!*. talking reckless. i've been laughing all night off the quoteables and videos

anyway good news on melo wanting no parts of a meeting

Can't wait till all this drama is over...

Melo's been traded a good 15 times since Sept, according to "sources"

P.S. I blame Dolan for the lack of respect that this team continues to get from the media, especially in regards to the Melo situation.

it isn't dolans fault morons like charles barkely are saying that melo would have a better chance at winning in jersey than new york. yes he said that on dan lebatards show. people hate the knicks for various reasons. dolan is part of it but he isn't the only reason, trust me.

people hate the fans and new yorkers in general. they think we feel entitled and are arrogant.

Don't see why one can't be a fan of both. I grew up hoping for subway SBs every year
laugh.gif
Was a big fan of Martin and Tiki.

Charles been saying that dumb %*$%. Like he on the Nets payroll or something. He has a hard on for that roster or Avery. Every time they talk about the Nets on TNT he's saying how disappointed he is in them cuz he thought they'd do better. In the beginning of the season he heavily implied the Nets would do way better than the Knicks. Dude probably just angry at the Knicks. Oakley probably snuffed him one time.

Charles Barkely is a drunk idiot from Alabama , its embedded in his DNA to hate New Yorkers and everything about the state of New York

Things looking good on the Melo side.. honestly, what pitch in NJ gonna give him? The Lebron approach? He does not want to sign. Lol..
Obviously that works in our favor
smile.gif

And just wanna say, I respect the Jets love coming from the Giants fans.. and let me tell you as a Knicks/Jets fan.. life is stressful.

coming from a giants fan, props to the jets

but i see way too many bandwagoners on facebook
sick.gif

i swear, if i see the same thing with the knicks in the spring...i'm gonna call them out individually
laugh.gif
roll.gif
my friends list will decrease but idgaf

Technically a giants/jets SB would be a NJT series. Wish they both played in the city though. Kicks the mets out

Back
Top Bottom