**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Oh, so one loss and we're trading the whole team? I don't care if it was the Kings or the VANCOUVER Grizzlies. One %+% game.

The hell up with that noise. Idiots.
Most of the team. Not the whole team. It's obvious STAT needs help and can't carry the team every night. Nobody else has it in them to step up. But that's always been my stance I don't expect a lot of this team to be here if we're suppose to be contending for titles.
So when Chandler scores 30 on the Spurs hes not stepping up? Or when Felton plays at an extra level against every elite PG? When Turiaf has a career night against the Trailblazers hes not stepping up? 
I could go on and on. This team has heart and guys pick each other up and step up.  Losses like this happen to every team. Were only one or two pieces away fron contending so yes a lot of these guys will be around then. Its not like last years team who were all mostly replaced.
If they can't be relied upon to produce on a game to game basis then no they're not stepping up. You don't impress when playing an elite team and then play below average/horribly to a losing team. STAT literally had an obstacle in Dalembert that was keeping him from getting a flow in his game what's Chandler's and Felton's legit excuse? Off night? Out to late last night? Long trip back home? Sorry that aint cutting it. I hate the idea that an effort like that should be expected. Speaking of Turiaf, he didn't even play but it's not like he'd be defending guards.

I completely disagree on what you think it takes for us to compete. We need better defenders, and consistent offensive threats on and off the bench. Probably a veteran as well.

I'm looking at this team realistically and imo to contend for a title this team as it is now is obviously not going to cut it. A lot times it just seems dudes are content with the team playing good and scoring a lot since we were so bad this past decade. Yes we're playing better but I'll call these guys bums when they play like bums. This current team aint even half the team that was contending in the 90s-early 2000s.

Spoiler [+]
2mmd4kg.png

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Oh, so one loss and we're trading the whole team? I don't care if it was the Kings or the VANCOUVER Grizzlies. One %+% game.

Most of the team. Not the whole team. It's obvious STAT needs help and can't carry the team every night. Nobody else has it in them to step up. But that's always been my stance I don't expect a lot of this team to be here if we're suppose to be contending for titles.

So when Chandler scores 30 on the Spurs hes not stepping up? Or when Felton plays at an extra level against every elite PG? When Turiaf has a career night against the Trailblazers hes not stepping up? 
I could go on and on. This team has heart and guys pick each other up and step up.  Losses like this happen to every team. We're only one or two pieces away from contending so yes a lot of these guys will be around then. Its not like last years team who were all mostly replaced.
grin.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
I know you're not serious. Contending for what? The NBDL championship?

I agree

Contending is contending, don't mean we're winning. The Hawks, Blazers, Nuggets, Bulls are all contending teams.

Add Melo and a defensive big, while hoping to not losing much... we are contending..

Nah man. There's a difference between a legit contender like Boston and the NBA needing a team to hold a spot so they can lose in the 1st round.

lol yea.. but i mean we never know how things will work out.. I really mean how deep of a team we would have, or what trade would happen for role players.

So we cant really say

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...cks_will_monitor_hobbled_stoudemires_minutes/[/h1]
[h1]Knicks Will Monitor Hobbled Stoudemire's Minutes[/h1]Jan 14, 2011 6:08 PM EST

Amar'e Stoudemire is dealing with some bumps and bruises and his minutes will be monitored over the short term.

The team is expected to make the playoffs for the first time since 2004 and Mike D'Antoni wants to make sure his best player is ready for the postseason.

Stoudemire could come out for the final two minutes of each first quarter and/or sit out practices after games.

D'Antoni also has the option of holding Stoudemire out of certain games, which is something San Antonio's Gregg Popovich did last season with Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili.

"If you can play all 82 then great," Stoudemire said. "Some games you get banged up and may have to sit out one or two. But for a competitive player, you want to play every game. If you can make that happen, great."

Stoudemire has recently had his right knee bandaged and his left leg taped from ankle to thigh.

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

watch your mouth tough guy , maybe you should cop a new sarcasm detector or would green font help ?
grin.gif
i see you've been on realgm, huh?
laugh.gif

So if a bully took your lunch money every day, and then one day you stepped to dude and said, here take my lunch money, I don't give a %$%$...

Anthony Randolph has requested to be traded.

The nerve of curry and Randolph to want to be out of here, they should be lucky they even have a spot on a NBA roster.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

watch your mouth tough guy , maybe you should cop a new sarcasm detector or would green font help ?
grin.gif
i see you've been on realgm, huh?
laugh.gif
lmao realgm
They some of the saltiest posters ever. 

**Lebron thread**

- Luck Febron-

- F you Lebron-

They take it waaaay too seriously. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by you go boy

kaman is available and his contract is for 2 years including this year... yall want him on this team?
Naa, that mess w/ FA, since he's payed 10+ mil per year.  The draft is probably the best option to find a serviceable big.

Isn't dude(Kaman) hurt? Like injury prone?

EDIT

Article on Randolph requesting a trade?
laugh.gif
I've already seen him as pick value. Seems like only a losing team he'd get a lot of play.

You could tell dude was auditioning.
laugh.gif

I'd still take Tyson Chandler or Marc Gasol over him, but he's def on the Plan B list.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

laugh.gif

I'd still take Tyson Chandler or Marc Gasol over him, but he's def on the Plan B list.

laugh.gif
He def was I never seen him block so many shots.

Originally Posted by diceloveme

Originally Posted by MrONegative

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
He def was I never seen him block so many shots.
I thought I was the only one that noticed
laugh.gif
I remember he messed up by missing a shot and getting a foul when he first got subbed in and it was like he was trying his hardest to show us he's better than that.
Originally Posted by Proshares

Gasol is not coming here. Stop bringing him up
laugh.gif
One can hope. Maybe Donnie can work his charm and convince him this is where he can get to the finals and ignore the Grizz if they match our offer. Chandler is someone who I think we're wasting time mentioning. I highly doubt he leaves the Mavs.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Gasol is not coming here. Stop bringing him up
laugh.gif
Word.. they not lettin that dude go..

[h1]Knicks Will Soon Trade Randolph For Pick
[/h1]
Jan 15, 2011 9:22 AM EST

The Knicks plan to trade Anthony Randolph for a first-round pick within the next two weeks, according to league sources.

Chris Broussard of ESPN.com lists Minnesota, Indiana and Portland as the most likely destinations.

New York's ideal scenario would be to use the pick they acquire for Randolph in a package for Carmelo Anthony, but the trades are not completely related.

[h2]Clippers Would Trade Kaman For Small Forward[/h2]
Jan 15, 2011 9:58 AM EST

lac_40.gif
The Clippers are open to dealing center Chris Kaman prior to next month's trade deadline, but they may only do so for a clear upgrade at small forward.

Also, Los Angeles wants that player to have a reasonable contract.

Kaman has been sidelined for all but 10 games this season with a badly sprained left ankle.

Potential trade targets like Philadelphia's Andre Iguodala and Charlotte's Gerald Wallace may be ruled out because of their contracts.

Detroit's Tayshaun Prince has an expiring contract.

I think both Marc Gasol & Tyson will stay on their team. Imagine if both Gasols ended up on the same team ? 
smokin.gif

Unrestricted: Pryzbilla, Dalembert
Restricted: Tyson, Gasol
Under contract : Camby, Kaman

Is it possible to get Melo AND one of these centers ?

^ i dont know if thats possible... in order to even sign melo to the max in the summer curry would come off the books obviously and we would have to not sign wilson

If we trade for Melo putting us over the cap don't we have the MLE in the off season?(if it's still around after the CBA negotiations). I think then we'd be able to offer a center a contract.

If Melo signs in the off season we'd probably have to give up our bird rights to other players whose contracts are done after this season and then sign players like Miami did to fill out our roster. So if those centers want to come here for cheap then sure.

Only center that i can MAYBE see coming for cheap is Pryzbilla, but Milwaukee is gonna offer him a bigger contract.

I think OKC will offer Dalembert a big contract.

Tyson Chandler and Marc Gasol will stay on their team.

Back
Top Bottom