**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

This is like Lebron's free agency this past summer all over again
30t6p3b.gif

MELO TRADED TO THE NETS ???

2n9iykp.jpg
That rumor was purposely done by Denver.. These dudes just woke up the Godfather, now they only getting curry and rautins. No first round pick for ya.. It is like lebrons free agency..

I mean the Nets are trting to get into a position for a trade.. they just picked up 2 first round picks.. but not to be a blind Knicks fan as I was this summer with Lebron... I only see Melo coming here.

The thing that blows my mind is how much these casual fans are trying to gas up these rumors..I got dudes that watched 3 NBA games their entire lifetime talkin bout "I hate being a Knicks fan..Melo to NJ??! noooooo" ...Man $#$++...Then when you ask them where they heard it they tell you Twitter, RealGM, Bleacher Reports, and a bunch of other unreliable sources...Remember when ESPN reported "Lebron to the Bulls: Basically a done deal"...Worddddddd? Bulls fans were putting in pre-orders for Lebron jerseys and 2 weeks later, he signs with the Heat

It's always "sources"..It's never "Carmelo's agent said ___...Carmelo's former teammate said _____" The problem is that with social media, one assumption seen on somebody's blog can be turned into a worldwide rumor through Twitter and Facebook...However, these rumors may be a positive for us because maybe Walsh will feel that now is the time to pull the trigger before other teams make moves to put themselves in a position to get Carmelo...I know earlier in this thread I said the Nets acquiring picks was bad for us but if they could acquire two first rounders for a bunch of bench warmers, then I don't see why a young talent like Randolph or Walker can't be used to do the same exact thing for us.

PLUSSSSSS, Carmelo dropped 34 tonight and was aggressive as ever against the Magic...The Nuggets are still a playoff team..The nuggets front office might be thinking "maybe if we keep him here  for the rest of the season and win a title, he'll stay"...For all we know that Nuggets front office can be putting in work trying to get a talented player on this Nuggets team..Let's not forget their low post presence will be much different once Martin and Birdman come back..Maybe they're waiting for their returns to show Carmelo they can dominate and make a deep run into the playoffs

Walsh needs to come in and (ock block on that trade...

Hou get Bill Walker
Lakers get AR
Knicks get 2011 pick from Lakers, 2012 pick from HOU

Then package curry and gallo, two 1st round picks to DEN.. LoL

I know... won't happen

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

HYPED FOR THE GAME TONIGHT!

This.

Got class till 6:50
ohwell.gif
. Definitely runnin right over to the computer lab afterwards to catch tipoff.

For all my Team NYK members with facebook....
I encourage yall to search and "like" my sports discussion page, it's for all sports and teams but a lot of the stuff I post up there is NY related, especially regarding the Knicks.
Search "MVP for Sports Talk" on fb.

17-9 let's go.

Knicks Reluctant To Part With Fields In Possible Melo Deal
Dec 15, 2010 8:15 AM EST
-
Chris Sheridan of ESPN.com writes that while the Knicks may have the pieces needed to acquire Carmelo Anthony from the Nuggets, they may not be willing to part with them. Denver especially covets rookie Landry Fields, but New York is reluctant to move him. Fields, a second-round pick, is playing under a two-year contract and will be an unrestricted free agent after the 2011-12 season.

Walsh has his mind right

won't fields cost us alot of money soon?

he's unrestricted, some team will scoop him up and we probably won't be able to afford him with melo, amare, felton and whatever center we get

But why would Fields want to leave that team? Step your arrogant new yorker game up.

Excited for tonight. I say we beat the Heat. Amare is going to want to make a statement.

we do need a backup pg...

And fields only make 788k next season.. then he's restricted

Originally Posted by DubA169

won't fields cost us alot of money soon?

he's unrestricted, some team will scoop him up and we probably won't be able to afford him with melo, amare, felton and whatever center we get

We gave Jerome James $30 million. We gave Jerome James thirty...million...dollars.
We paid $50 mil in luxury tax to win 30 games.

we're gonna be getting national games on the regular now. we can afford a 3rd year player coming off the minimum.

I wanna see Fields be a Knick for life. If we have to get rid of Fields to get Melo so be it but I'd be completely disappointed. 
frown.gif

so so so so excited for this game... im in hawaii and due to time difference my last class of the day is going to have "quiet study hall" while teach watches the Knicks put on a hurting
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom