**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

This whole Brooklyn Nets thing will be a fail from the get-go.

'BROOKYLN NEW YORKERS.'
30t6p3b.gif
that sound like a bootleg 2k5 custom team.

..and I was born in Brooklyn.

Anyone going to the game tomorrow? I'm looking to go either Wednesday or Friday and would prefer to go tomorrow. Going to hunt for deals tomorrow morning before I go to work and get e-tickets via StubHub for as cheap as possible.

Originally Posted by youngin33

Anyone going to the game tomorrow? I'm looking to go either Wednesday or Friday and would prefer to go tomorrow. Going to hunt for deals tomorrow morning before I go to work and get e-tickets via StubHub for as cheap as possible.

I'll be at the game tomorrow. not sure where though. My TLC rep is taking a co-worker, myself, and my wife to the game.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

This whole Brooklyn Nets thing will be a fail from the get-go.

'BROOKYLN NEW YORKERS.'
30t6p3b.gif
that sound like a bootleg 2k5 custom team.

..and I was born in Brooklyn.
laugh.gif

I dont know but this team play is making me so happy right now. I can't help but wonder how this city or the garden would be if we were on par with Boston, Spurs, or Mavs when it comes to being a bonafide 1 or 2 seed.

I mean we are on a 8 game streak and won what 13 of our last 14? and the city is going bananas already...

But I really hope we beat Miami. I wanna beat them more than I wanna beat the celtics. (not taking away from how bad I wanna beat them too)
But LBJ can't come in here and win I'm sorry.
Off topic, can anyone even imagine the atmosphere in MSG on friday? I know it won't be on no Cleveland stuff but there will be a lot of tension.
I know STAT and LBJ cool but I wanna see him muff a dunk that he attempts for leaving him to dry in July. (Yes I still feel a way about that)

Two games, national TV. Lets Get It.

Originally Posted by throwback1718

I dont know but this team play is making me so happy right now. I can't help but wonder how this city or the garden would be if we were on par with Boston, Spurs, or Mavs when it comes to being a bonafide 1 or 2 seed.

I mean we are on a 8 game streak and won what 13 of our last 14? and the city is going bananas already...

But I really hope we beat Miami. I wanna beat them more than I wanna beat the celtics. (not taking away from how bad I wanna beat them too)
But LBJ can't come in here and win I'm sorry.
Off topic, can anyone even imagine the atmosphere in MSG on friday? I know it won't be on no Cleveland stuff but there will be a lot of tension.
I know STAT and LBJ cool but I wanna see him muff a dunk that he attempts for leaving him to dry in July. (Yes I still feel a way about that)

Two games, national TV. Lets Get It.
Bet Ronny will put LeBron on his !%$ if he decides to drive to the basket.

My girl wants me to go with her to a Christmas party at her job tomorrow night so I will be missing the first half of the game
30t6p3b.gif

Ridnour as a PG2 is a great look. Not sure how we'd get him though.

Nets made their move. They're gonna have four 1st-rounders to offer now. Favors their #3 overall, and 3 of their 4 from 2011 and 2012.

They traded Terrence Williams to Houston and Joe Smith to LA. I'm pretty sure they got our 2012 pick. And Sasha Vujacic. They're collecting bad Lakers too.

Nets To Acquire Two First Round Picks In Three-Team Trade
The Nets are close to acquiring multiple first round picks that will be used in a potential trade for Carmelo Anthony, two people familiar with the situation told CBSSports.com.
New Jersey has agreed in principle to a three-team trade where the Nets receive a first round pick in 2012 from the Rockets that will be lottery protected according to the Houston Chronicle and an additional first round pick from the Lakers in 2011.

Houston would acquire Terrence Williams, while Joe Smith would be sent to the Lakers and Sasha Vujacic would go to the Nets.

The deal can't be finalized until Wednesday when Smith becomes trade-eligible.

New Jersey already owns Golden State's 2011 lottery protected first rounder, which would also be included in a trade for Anthony along with the two picks acquired in this trade and one of their own over the next two seasons.

Derrick Favors and Troy Murphy would also be included in any trade the Nets may complete for Anthony.

The Nets have received assurances from several people from Anthony's camp that he would sign an extension with the club.

The framework of the three-team trade came together on Tuesday, just two days after word leaked that Anthony would only sign an extension with New York.

According to a Yahoo! report, the Nets are confident owner Mikhail Prokhorov and Avery Johnson can convince Anthony to commit to the Nets in the long-term.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...ound_picks_in_three_team_trade/#ixzz188fUx7Ha

This isn't looking good for us. If they give the Nuggets like 3 first round picks plus Devon Harris, it could very well be a wrap for the Knicks' chances at Carmelo
30t6p3b.gif

So...maybe Igoudala. Dalembert. Ridnour. Mayo and Thabeet.
tired.gif

What are the Plan Bs of making this a better team?

wait so Carmelo will sign the extension with the Nets past the end of the season if the trade goes down? why would he want to stay in NJ though... they suck.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

This isn't looking good for us. If they give the Nuggets like 3 first round picks plus Devon Harris, it could very well be a wrap for the Knicks' chances at Carmelo
30t6p3b.gif
That's just fine because the Nets still wouldn't be better than us. Even if he signs an extension as long as he doesn't go to the Bulls I'm just fine with him going to the Swamp rats.

I don't see him signing an extension with NJ. Nets would probably trade Harris to get Carmelo so why would he wanna stay on an uncompetitve team? People were saying he wanted to compete with the Big 3 in LA, Boston, and Miami. What big 3 would the Nets have? Carmelo, Lopez, and JayZ?

i highly doubt he would sign an extension there. just looks like the nets are gonna have to get better through the draft. orlando or bulls or magic is one thing, but jersey sucks and lopez makes amare look good at rebounding

Originally Posted by DubA169

i highly doubt he would sign an extension there. just looks like the nets are gonna have to get better through the draft. orlando or bulls or magic is one thing, but jersey sucks and lopez makes amare look good at rebounding

huh? lol

Back
Top Bottom