**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

go to the knicks game and you'll be out early 3rd quarter. that's what alot of people i know are doing

yo we are in 5th place $%@+ the bulls haha. enjoy it while it lasts guys.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Turiaf back in action tonight
pimp.gif

noice! 
smokin.gif

Knicks & Clippers dominated those highlights with the Knicks in 5 highlights & Clippers in 4.

Only 1 actual dunk from us though
laugh.gif

i hope someone gets a monster jam on us today. we always win word to rose, blake, monta and amir

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Who has the highest potential from Walker, Chandler, Fields, or AR ?
AR but at this rate I don't think we'll ever see his potential turn into actual court time.
frown.gif
Then probably Fields, Chandler, then Walker.

^ I can't help but feel like losing Jim Leonhard was the end of our lucky streak. Hope they prove me wrong.
ohwell.gif

NBA PLAYERS OF THE WEEK: DEC. 6, 2010

nba player of the week award - nba players of week The New York Knicks’ Amar’e Stoudemire and the Oklahoma City Thunder’s Russell Westbrook today were named the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played Monday, Nov. 29, through Sunday, Dec. 5.

Stoudemire led the Knicks to a 3-0 week, averaging 33.3 points on .588 shooting from the field and 11.7 rebounds. He scored 30 or more points in all three games and recorded two point/rebound double-doubles. His 31 points and season-high 16 rebounds at Toronto on Sunday helped New York extend its winning streak on the road to seven games.

Westbrook averaged 25.5 points, 10.0 assists 7.5 rebounds and 3.0 steals to help Oklahoma City to a 3-1 record on the week. In a triple-overtime win at New Jersey on Wednesday, Westbrook set a franchise record, scoring all of his team’s 12 points in the final overtime and 21 points combined the three overtimes. His 15-rebound performance was a career high. Westbrook registered double-doubles in all three Thunder wins.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.co...week.shtml#ixzz17MuSW7IE

the knicks are back you #++%**# cockroaches

the last one to get multiple players of the weeks was patrick

^^^
pimp.gif

Hey I wanted to ask yall, what kind of city you guys think we are more? Baseball, Basketball, Football or hockey ( Definitely know its not hockey but just added it) ?

Me and a couple other people were discussing it. But I told them that I think this is a basketball town just due to almost everyone at one point or another, gettin it in on the courts and having passion for it.
Some others disagreed because the knicks weren't winning as much as our other 3 sports.

Whats your take?

basketball by a wide margin no matter what Francesca says

nack in the day baseball. giants, dodgers, yankees

a good example is that coward lebron. any other sport wouldn't have generated the insane interest that he did. for 3 years articles were written about him in nyc.

the main reason is that there is a court every 10 blocks

It's a basketball city by faaaaaaar.
When the Yankees blew in the late 60's/early 70's and late 80's/early 90's the Stadium was EMPTY.

When the Mets blow (so every year) Shea/Citi is/was EMPTY

Don't even need to say anything about football, it's a distant third.

The Knicks have been a joke for a decade and we still draw Top 5 in attendance and the Garden stays full.

Basketball is the city's passion and love, not baseball nor football.

To summarize, NYC is bandwagon everything except basketball (though a lot of Knick fans will start coming out of the woodwork in the next couple years).  

NYC= bball cmon now. when knicks start winning the city will ride them like no other, most passionate fans and top 10 in attendance every year regardless. if the yanks or any other ny team ever took the kind of Ls that the knicks took consistently for a decade theyd get run outta town.

also maybe im wrong but wasnt Stat player of the week last week as well?

side note Knicks starting to blow up a bit, which is nice getting attention thats actually not negative but hopefully we stay level headed and this dont hurt us. gotta beat these teams this week and we got a rough #%!$*#% schedule coming up, cant get ahead of ourselves.

Originally Posted by throwback1718

^^^
pimp.gif

Hey I wanted to ask yall, what kind of city you guys think we are more? Baseball, Basketball, Football or hockey ( Definitely know its not hockey but just added it) ?

Me and a couple other people were discussing it. But I told them that I think this is a basketball town just due to almost everyone at one point or another, gettin it in on the courts and having passion for it.
Some others disagreed because the knicks weren't winning as much as our other 3 sports.

Whats your take?
I think in New York, basketball definitely shines above the others.

Why else would the Garden be filled regularly, even when the team was in its down years?

The fans of the other sports are passionate but I think the Knicks fans have a lot more of that and loyalty.

I was going to take a shot at hockey fans but I'll let them slide. 
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom