**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Dude Curry forgot his sneakers to practice.
indifferent.gif

Spoiler [+]
Eddy Curry fails to impress Knicks brass, forgets his sneakers in Vegas
BY Frank Isola
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...gets_his_sneakers_in_vegas.html#ixzz17DBQzsXF

LAS VEGAS - None other than Garden chairman James Dolan was on hand to see one of his biggest investments, Eddy Curry, prove that he is ready to resurrect his career.

And here's the show Curry gave his boss: He forgot to bring his sneakers. That's like Alex Rodriquez showing up for the Home Run Derby without his bat.

Other than dropping a few pounds, Curry failed to make much of an impression during his two-day visit with the Knicks' top executives.

He didn't scrimmage with the rookies and free agents and barely broke a sweat during his light - emphasis on the word light - workout at a local high school. Mostly, Curry looked disinterested and eager to get out of town.

He forgot his passport on his way to fly to the teams last meeting last season.
indifferent.gif

Spoiler [+]
[h3]Eddy Curry to Knicks: Don't Buy Me out; Waive Me[/h3]
Sunday, 18 April 2010Written by HoopsVibe News

Embattled Eddy Curry told The Post he hopes the Knicks waive him if he is not in their plans for next season.

The Knicks' star-crossed center, who has played 10 games in two seasons, said he would not take less money to go away.

"I'm not taking a buyout, so that's not happening," Curry told The Post. "Definitely not. They can try to trade me if they wanted to. I hope it doesn't come to that.

"But I would just hope that if it came down to it, especially going into a contract year, that if [coach Mike D'Antoni] knows this wasn't the right place for me, they would make the right decision. Other than that, I'll do everything I can to be ready."

The Knicks will look for a starting center in the free-agent market. In addition to Marcus Camby, they may court Brad Miller, who played for Knicks team president Donnie Walsh in Indiana.

In perhaps his last act as a Knick, Curry forgot his passport on their season-ending trip to Toronto earlier this week, according to sources. Curry would like to forget his past two seasons.

Knicks Saved Season When Amar'e, Felton Took Control Of Locker Room

Dec 04, 2010 3:43 PM EST

After a difficult start to the 10-11 season, Amar'e Stoudemire and Raymond Felton took control of the Knicks' locker room and the team responded with a five-game winning streak.

“We definitely had to be the two positive leaders,

how the %#@* you gonna feel bad for someone who does THIS

Despite that enormous salary — and the fact that Curry has made more than $57 million in his nine-year career — the former No. 4 draft pick is seriously in debt. As the Associated Press reports, Curry defaulted on a $575,000 loan with an 85 percent interest rate, which can only happen in Nevada, and has been ordered to pay back $1.2 million to Allstar Capital Inc., the world's most ironic loan service.

Ya got it twisted, Curry is the 1st or second most valuable thing on this team right now.

His contract can help us get Melo, or let his expire and hope Melo signs here.

We need a legit 7ft Center... Why did POR have to offer Camby that much money !

i'm not messing up the team in the case of a miracle that curry starts beasting just so that entices denver. they don't want to trade him to the knicks. they don't want to give him his first choice. they don't want to look like they were bullied into a deal. they don't want to look like they lost. they don't want to give him to a team that they feel tampered

yeah how could i feel bad youre right.

being robbed gun point with his family at home..
ex-girlfriend, nine month yr old daughter murdered and the fact his 3 yr old son had to witness that..
30t6p3b.gif

coach, franchise and fans have no trust or faith in him even after he loses all that weight and shows some effort
being in debt.. the sexual harassment accusations against him.. etc etc

but yeah im wrong to feel a little tiny winnyyy bit bad.. hes fat and a waste i totally forgot

Don't use facts Tommy, they confuse people.

Yeup, almost every team has a big expiring contract this season. Look at the return NO got back for Peja's big expiring...

i agree we definitely need a center...if we dont get melo for now i think if we get a legit center we should be straight... i dont mean 1-4 seed in the playoffs but maybe 5 at best because more defense with a solid center... i dont know who we could get for a cheap price... im thinking some cheap young centers like hibbert maybe?

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

ex-girlfriend, nine month yr old daughter murdered and the fact his 3 yr old son had to witness that..
30t6p3b.gif

coach, franchise and fans have no trust or faith in him even after he loses all that weight and shows some effort

but yeah im wrong to feel a little tiny winnyyy bit bad.. hes fat and a waste i totally forgot
I agree. Eddy hasn't been the best during his time in NY but no one deserves any of the above to happen to them. Some of his issues are self inflicted, but I still feel some sympathy for him.

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

30t6p3b.gif

I agree. Eddy hasn't been the best during his time in NY but no one deserves any of the above to happen to them. Some of his issues are self inflicted, but I still feel some sympathy for him.
Cosign. Not a day goes by without him thinking about that.

Originally Posted by you go boy

i agree we definitely need a center...if we dont get melo for now i think if we get a legit center we should be straight... i dont mean 1-4 seed in the playoffs but maybe 5 at best because more defense with a solid center... i dont know who we could get for a cheap price... im thinking some cheap young centers like hibbert maybe?

Hibbert is not going anywhere
laugh.gif
think older and more useless, that's all we'd be getting for a cheap price.  Hibbert is a player on the rise.  Indiana ain't letting him go anytime soon.

mibad I posted in the wrong thread before 
laugh.gif

Centers are rare these days.
Maybe cheap free agents: Dalembert, Przybilla, Nenad Krstic from OKC
Not so much: Tyson Chandler, Marc Gasol

nerd.gif
 Greg Oden, Yao

Most of them are gonna re-sign anyways. 
eyes.gif

^^^^^^^ Word MrONegative, I don't $%! you sayin tho.

We should of signed Dampier

I've been a D'antoni defender, but the biggest mistake we've made in these past couple years is not giving a chance to Darko. The guy isn't amazing or anything, but he is a starting center in a league where size comes as a premium. I thought he was going to have a breakout year last year, even picked him up for my fantasy team, but he never got off the bench and then next thing you know he's gone. And now he is doing a pretty serviceable job in Minnesota. He would be an excellent fit next to Amar'e. He's leading the league in block and would have more rebounds if he wasn't playing next to the best rebounder in the league.

I know Marc Gasol will most likely re-sign BUT...

Let's say we let curry expire, don't re-sign chandler..

Would we have enough to sign Melo AND Marc Gasol..doubt it but the thought of that is great :ohwell:

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I've been a D'antoni defender, but the biggest mistake we've made in these past couple years is not giving a chance to Darko. The guy isn't amazing or anything, but he is a starting center in a league where size comes as a premium. I thought he was going to have a breakout year last year, even picked him up for my fantasy team, but he never got off the bench and then next thing you know he's gone. And now he is doing a pretty serviceable job in Minnesota. He would be an excellent fit next to Amar'e. He's leading the league in block and would have more rebounds if he wasn't playing next to the best rebounder in the league.

darko admitted to not being in shape while he was here on the knicks. that's why he never got burn. and you know how dantoni is. once your on his bad side dude holds little kid grudges. so being out of shape probably annoyed dantoni

Yea, I'd be pissed too if I started the season with Darko and healthy Eddy Curry just to find out in 5 games that David Lee was still my starting and backup center.

big game today. need to see this team win an afternoon game

[h1]Quarterly Report on the Knicks: Stock Is Rising[/h1][h6]By HOWARD BECK[/h6][h6]Published: December 4, 2010[/h6]The hour was late, and the visitors’ locker room at New Orleans Arenawas nearly empty Friday night when two deep voices called across theroom to each other.

“Great job tonight, Ray,

Back
Top Bottom