**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

The defense wouldn't be any worse with Melo on the team. I think he's actually underrated as a defender. The problem on defense is that D'Antoni refuses to care about it 
laugh.gif

Melo is not just a shooter, his mid range is $. He can post up. He's one of the best in the game, there's people who think he's better than Bron, but I'm not sure. Kobe and Charles thought he was one of the toughest in the league to guard.

He was on his way to an MVP if he didn't snuff Jeffries. Lol... he scored 33points in one quarter come on !
And his D is better than Gallo for sure.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

a month ago McNulty was on ESPN radio saying that even if Lebron went to NY with Stat, they wouldn't win. And that Gallo is only hyped up by Knick fans. This guy..

i see it 
laugh.gif

Prohares/Bobby has been calling him that since July. I can't take creadit for that.

2012 in 2010, that makes this a time machine, not just any benz. sorry, got lost for a second.

i want to see fire and a competitive team tonight. the schedule is about to get hardcore

a month ago McNulty was on ESPN radio saying that even if Lebron went to NY with Stat, they wouldn't win. And that Gallo is only hyped up by Knick fans. This guy..

i see it 
laugh.gif

Prohares/Bobby has been calling him that since July. I can't take creadit for that.

2012 in 2010, that makes this a time machine, not just any benz. sorry, got lost for a second.

laugh.gif
I was gonna let you have the credit.

There's someone else in sports that looks exactly like McNulty but I'm drawing a black on his name right now.

Originally Posted by Proshares

i see it 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I was gonna let you have the credit.

There's someone else in sports that looks exactly like McNulty but I'm drawing a black on his name right now.
Really?

You make a move for Melo at almost all costs.

This young core we have now is nice and all. But it's not going to get us to where we really need to be, given what was the 'plan'.

Melo & Amare together isn't good enough to win a title, nor get out of the East...but it's about 2 steps closer than what we are now. Put those two together and tweak a few things, and you can have a shot at it.

^ Agree. I wonder how much money he would lose if he does sign next season ? I just wanna keep Fields and Chandler...

Walker, Gallo, AR (only cuz i want him to get playing time even if its elsewhere) can go if we're talking trade.

If Melo signs next season, we can use a couple of our thousand SG's or SF's in a package trade for a Center.

yeah i agree you give up pretty much everybody, but for some reason i don't see melo and amare meshing unless we have a very good point guard.

Felton-Buike-Melo-Amare-Turiaf

Douglas-Chandler-a shooter-Mozgov

and our fan support during the playoffs (it should be crazy live) should be enough to get out of the East IMO

McNulty is too good for dude though. That $#%*+ got bunz by the busload.

@ballin damn, you optimistic. We don't even need CP3 to break out the East? Must be nice.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

yeah i agree you give up pretty much everybody, but for some reason i don't see melo and amare meshing unless we have a very good point guard.

I think they would Mesh very well. Amare don't dominate the ball.

And unlike the Miami 3, Melo shoots better than all three of them.... Amare & Melo are not two players that play too much alike.. (Wade, Bron)

Big man and a perimeter player.. Which is why some people think Wade-Bosh or Bron Bosh would work better than those 3 together combined. but wateva....

just waiting for this game

Originally Posted by Al3xis

You make a move for Melo at almost all costs.

This young core we have now is nice and all. But it's not going to get us to where we really need to be, given what was the 'plan'.

Melo & Amare together isn't good enough to win a title, nor get out of the East...but it's about 2 steps closer than what we are now. Put those two together and tweak a few things, and you can have a shot at it.
word to all of that, it would SUCK to see LAndry leave so soon though
30t6p3b.gif

id like to exclude him in the trade and start him next to Melo if possible. Hed be perfect here because he doesnt need the ball to be effective, is a good defender and will make all the little husstle plays that we already love him for. Also a backcourt with the size of Landry/Melo would cause mismatches vs smaller teams

and honestly the energy at the Garden during playoff time if we had Amare and Melo would increase our likelihood to win the east 10x no exaggeration. Not saying we definitley would, but wed be hella tough to beat at MSG, especially for Lesoftbron

anyway on tonight all i can ask for is energy and heart. ill be happy if we go out there and compete tonight, show some %+%@%$$ pride against one of the NBA's elite on the road and make a stand that we are taking steps forward, you never know they still may be sleeping on us as an easy W at home, if we play hard who knows? Its unlikely but maybe we could snatch the W.

also this...
Raymond better go hard @ CP3.
yup more than anyone tonight ima be watching Ray, going against the best at his position tonight. Honestly Ray probably knows CP3 better than any other player in the NBA, they both grew up in the Carolinas probably faced off 100x in AAU or what not, than played at competing North Carolina colleges in the same conference for two years and each were successful and to top it all off they enter the NBA draft during the same season and Felton is drafted just one pick after CP. Felton knows his game, he has taken major strides this season and there is no excuse for him not to go out and challenge CP with everything he has tonight regardless if he comes out on top or not. We all know how great CP is but honestly Felton has been playing great this year, he and the Knicks have both been taking tremendous strides for taking that next step up (Knicks as a playoff team and Ray as a  possible all-star guard in the NBA at least if PGs in the NBA werent all on steroids or some !*%! this season- seriously this dude Felton has to be having the best year of his carreer when the top 5 PGs in the NBA are all legit MVP contenders- seriously though
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
), but all of that aside they are putting up very similar #s this season, if it werent enough that he has essentially been in the shadow of Chris Paul's star his entire life (compared to him from youth as Carolina point guards, in college as ACC/NC PGs, and in the NBA always in the shadow of him and Deron which was just inevitable because those three wre drafted in sequence), but if that all wasnt enough, when Felton FINALLY gets his big NBA shot, a nice contract where he is the starting PG in a system he has a chance to be extemely successful in, and almost like it were on cue this dude Paul is talking about getting traded to the Knicks or signing with them as a free agent in 2 summers, like he didnt already know that Felton had signed there
eyes.gif
, and his new superstar talent is in full support of getting CP over. I mean come on Felton show me some !$+*#++ heart tonight, prove to me that you want to be here fam! i feeeeeel ya pain brotha, now play with a sense of personal pride tonight KID
mad.gif

There are so many reasons to as why Felton needs to bring it tonight from a team scale because the New York Knicks will need him to step his !*%! up against probably the best PG in the NBA and along with all the personal rivalry !*%! that he has with CP3, tonight is a big test in to seeing how tough Ray is and if he can be, obviously not a player on the scale of Paul, but potentially an all-star caliber 2nd tier kind of PG who is tough as nails, a winner (remember Ray got that title at UNC not Deron or Paul) who can step up when asked to, and i know all of you would gladly take that PG, and if he can be that he is our best option since weve had Mark Jackson at the position (sorry Stephon
wink.gif
). So yeah, ill be watching Paul under my THE GR8 microscope tonight, not to see if he can outplay potentially the League's MVP right now but because it is a great scale of his mental and physical toughness)

* side note Felton is getting more PPG this season than Paul
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

wade and bron are better passers than amare and melo. but like i said earlier, i haven't seen melo play that much.

i'm still kind of shocked that amare has been such a good leader for us this season. he could have just collected his money and continued the losing culture when we were on that bad streak. plenty of players in the league don't care about winning and playing hard, just look at the cavs last night. amare been saying all the right things and backing it up. having felton as a co captain is huge. takes some pressure off amare and gives us some checks and balances

TheGr8, are you some sort of author?

Lol dude turned 6 words of mine (Raymond better go hard @ CP3) into a 3page essay !

Originally Posted by DubA169

wade and bron are better passers than amare and melo. but like i said earlier, i haven't seen melo play that much.

Yea, they are 1-7 vs teams over teams that's .500 though.

wow no turaif, gonna make winning incredibly hard. we desperately need another good center.

Back
Top Bottom