**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Another thing too...I hate how everyone credits Broussard for having the 'first scoop' on LBJ's decision. SAS reported all 3 would be with the Heat like 2 weeks before it was announced and put his credibility on the line. I guess since he wasn't on ESPN 24/7, it doesn't count.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by NYelectric

It wouldn't matter if the Knicks went undefeated for the rest of the season; decades of losing have embittered Breen beyond repair. He's always going to be on some, "Would it have killed you to get an A+?"

He's funny though. I love when he gets bored and starts making fun of the opposing players, like when he went at Anthony Randolph, "He looks like he's always about to cry, Clyde." "He looks about 12 years old, doesn't he Clyde?" "He's got to weigh about what? 110? 120?"

laugh.gif
 I swear Clyde and Breen figured out a long time ago, that even if the Knicks we're basura, they had to entertain the audience.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I like Breen, he's not a blatant homer which is all I really want out of my commentators except for Clyde of course
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Same here. Sure he takes the refs sides too often, but if you listen to some other local team's commentators, it's absolutely awful. Breen and Clyde are a good mix, they work well together. Same with Breen and JVG and Mark Jackson.

Breen sometimes forgets he is calling a Knicks game on MSG; there are certain opposing players he always slurps (Lebron for instance)

So, Darrington Hobson was waived.

obviously who I wanted during the draft and if the Knicks liked him as much as we were told, it's time to ditch Rautins and go claim the guy.

He's out for the year but so what. Rautins isn't playing.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

obviously who I wanted during the draft and if the Knicks liked him as much as we were told, it's time to ditch Rautins and go claim the guy.

I like Hobson too, but you know they're not going to cut the 15th guy just to replace him with another 15th guy...And plus we have so many guys already at the 3 Hobson just doesn't fit.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

* no gtown bias
tongue.gif

let Andy live a little bit
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

in response to a question from Mike Golic on Mike & Mike this morning, ESPN's Chris Broussard says -- get this -- the Knicks would have been a better landing spot for LeBron James. This is the same guy who was the first to report LeBron was taking his talents to South Beach. Broussard hasn't had a change of heart; he's simply giving LeBron a reality check.

Money quote: “Right now, it looks like he would have been great in New York, with Amare Stoudemire. … In New York, he would have been able to be LeBron James. Not hold back, not worry about letting this other guy take over ... I think [LeBron] in New York, this year, they might have been able to win it.

i need dude to play because of real life haha. screw fantasy. we have no shot without him. over the last week i've read that he will probably play

a month ago McNulty was on ESPN radio saying that even if Lebron went to NY with Stat, they wouldn't win. And that Gallo is only hyped up by Knick fans. This guy..

i'm kind of getting nerves on spending another max contract on melo. i don't get to see him play much. is he THAT good? our defense would be atrocious

I just saw the video on ESPN.com about what Broussard said. He ate his hat, i'll give him that. He even said he didn't think that way in July. And
pimp.gif
for him saying Stat is better than Bosh!

Melo is a beast. How his defense compares to Gallo? Not really sure.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

a month ago McNulty was on ESPN radio saying that even if Lebron went to NY with Stat, they wouldn't win. And that Gallo is only hyped up by Knick fans. This guy..

i see it 
laugh.gif

i'm kind of getting nerves on spending another max contract on melo. i don't get to see him play much. is he THAT good? our defense would be atrocious

laugh.gif
 What word would you use to describe it now then?

Melo's a decent/good man to man defender. He can't stay infront of every player, but he's good at using his strength to knock players off course when they drive past him. He's horrible when ball movement is thrown in, he gets lost easily on rotations. He decent in the passing lanes, he always manages to pick off an errant pass and get on the break. He's an ok help defender too. No worse than Gallo.

Offensively he's a beast
laugh.gif
. Arguably the best scorer in the league. Definitely worth the max.

Originally Posted by Proshares

��
laugh.gif
�What word would you use to describe it now then?

blank.gif
deplorable?
laugh.gif
frown.gif

but our D is much improved from last year and I think amare is playing slightly better defensively than he ever did in phoenix. i think this team can be an above average defensive team is we had a different coach. i would be worried about losing chandler. gallo's defense is terrible so i wouldn't care if we lost him to a trade. felton is a good defender but i remember jameer nelson destroying him in the playoffs.

i just don't get the chance to watch melo much. i hear he's a volume shooter and that's it. basically bernard king. but a core of amare, melo, felton is a great place to start.

Back
Top Bottom