Official #1 North Carolina Tar Heels vs #5 Duke Blue Devils 9:00 PM ET ESPN VOL. 18 hours

Nice win.

I mentioned in the thread about the first meeting... It doesn't matter who's ranked higher or where they're playing, this rivalry will produce justabout anything. Who'd ever thought the layup by Scheyer would be the last points scored for Duke? I actually thought they had a bit of momentum after thatbucket. I was wrong.

Nelson = 3-11? On Senior Night vs. your archrival?
eek.gif

I've said it once before, if not THE best... one of the best rivalries.
pimp.gif

it was a good game. honestly hansbrough doesnt deserve to go to the line for throwing BS up like he does. he gets bailed out a lot for throwing up garbage.should be a good game in the acc tourney again unless either one of these teams f's up

Tyler is the National Player of the Year, no question.
laugh.gif
. I won't turn this into a post about him or Beasley,but simply, no. 8-21 tonight..that's what happens when refs let the play go.

#1 - Officiating -
pimp.gif
...there shouldn't be complaints from eitherside. What's the most crucial thing in officiating? consistency, and that's what you got tonight. They let em go, and I say thank you for that.

We pretty much saw what we already knew..

Two very, very good teams.

UNC is bigger inside, dominated the glass, got put backs....

It was their defense that won it tonight...as Bilas talked about, switching on screens...you have to do that against Duke so they don't get the open looks.And in turn it cut off Duke's drive and kick outs.

Duke still played well, excellent job on Hansbrough.

Some of Duke's shots didn't fall, that's how its gona go for them...if they don't hit them, they're not beating a team as or more talented.

One thing I'd still be concerned about if I'm UNC...half court sets....almost all their baskets came on scrappy points, transition, put backs...gamesin March are won in the half court and against top competition, I'd still be worried about that

Guess what guys... I found a way to get to a computer.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

UNC FTW....

Good D... the second half was scaring the s... out of me. But we balled out during the first half. What did I say, Danny and Wayne shooting well were ourx-factors (im sure everyone knew that) but hey we got that W.

Go Heels... ACC regular season champs, #1 in the East- we don't have to leave NC to go to San Antonio.... balllin......

Originally Posted by JayDubH11

laugh.gif
Nelson

What a disappointing career.

grin.gif
ehh, yall taking one bad game a lil too seriously...im not sayingdude had some HOF career or anything but to say it was disappointing is a lil outrageous wouldnt you think?? he wasnt some heralded HS player coming out backin '04, so i always expected him to be the exact player he turned out to be...Pretty solid career imo...he's been really big for us this year, with theexception of tonite
tired.gif

BTW congrats to UNC on the win and the ACC title...it was a great game and i have no complaints.i think it was a fair game..Green and Ellington came up big andproved that they are the X-factors and the difference between yall being a good team and a great team..Lawson is so damn fast
eek.gif
As far as my Blue Devils go, its not the end all be all..still alot of Basketball to be played..including the ACC tourney next week..where we can potentiallyget a rematch and claim the tourney title and try to get that #1 seed possibly
ohwell.gif

Im drunkh....
+#$% CAROLINA SON....RAL TALKE...

I CANT FEEL MY FACE....WORD TO WEEZY...

I WAS trying t0 run a train on this white chick tonight but plans fell throguh cuz I was spitting at her right in front of her boyfreind....
laugh.gif

+#$% that %%*$$ though...
laugh.gif

And I wasn;t able to go to this other bar I WANTED TO GO TO....cause I forgot my !!!%@@$ ID at the crib....
smh.gif

that is some !!!%@@$ +%!*@!+#.,,,

I dont even know how much we los by.....
roll.gif

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Tyler is the National Player of the Year, no question.
laugh.gif
. I won't turn this into a post about him or Beasley, but simply, no. 8-21 tonight..that's what happens when refs let the play go.

#1 - Officiating -
pimp.gif
...there shouldn't be complaints from either side. What's the most crucial thing in officiating? consistency, and that's what you got tonight. They let em go, and I say thank you for that.

We pretty much saw what we already knew..

Two very, very good teams.

UNC is bigger inside, dominated the glass, got put backs....

It was their defense that won it tonight...as Bilas talked about, switching on screens...you have to do that against Duke so they don't get the open looks. And in turn it cut off Duke's drive and kick outs.

Duke still played well, excellent job on Hansbrough.

Some of Duke's shots didn't fall, that's how its gona go for them...if they don't hit them, they're not beating a team as or more talented.

One thing I'd still be concerned about if I'm UNC...half court sets....almost all their baskets came on scrappy points, transition, put backs...games in March are won in the half court and against top competition, I'd still be worried about that

Yes, they let them play, most def, but the amount of straight HACKS on hansbrough that went uncalled was criminal IMO...not to mention that"travel" they calle don Ginyard with 1:08 to go, when UNC was up by 4, that was straight
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
And I take issue with your statement about doing an "excellent" jobon tyler, dude was getting molested and ended with 16 pts and 15 boards
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

UNC ftw
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
ruining their senior nite.........again!!!!!!!!
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I wish I actually had the chance to watch the full game. Damn pubcrawl.
laugh.gif

Glad to see UNC pull it out.

great game by both teams. nice pic up there of green dunking
eek.gif
pimp.gif
did anyone else see the replay when all of the duke fans stopped cheering and one guywith all carolina stuff stood up
laugh.gif
, the Green saying after the game "not alot of people like Paulos(sp?), I'm really sure they enjoyed watchingthat"
roll.gif
glad to see Lawson back in there playing and making a big difference in the game.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JayDubH11

he wasnt some heralded HS player coming out back in '04

He wasn't? McD's All-American, Cal Mr. Basketball, etc

do you think any of that might have to do with the fact that he was committed to go play for Duke?? i mean there were cats going straight from HS to theleague that year....i would say those were the most heralded players in that class..
[table][tr][td]1[/td] [td]Dwight Howard
Atlanta (GA) Southwest Atlanta Christian[/td] [td]
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-10/225[/td] [td]list[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Shaun Livingston
Peoria (IL) Peoria Central[/td] [td]
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]6-6/170[/td] [td]Duke[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Joshua Smith
Powder Springs (GA) Oak Hill (VA)[/td] [td]
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-8/200[/td] [td]Indiana[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]Al Jefferson
Prentiss (MS) Prentiss[/td] [td]
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]6-9/260[/td] [td]Arkansas[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]Rudy Gay
Capitol Heights (MD) Archbishop Spalding[/td] [td]
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-8/205[/td] [td]Connecticut[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]Sebastian Telfair
New York (NY) Lincoln[/td] [td]
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]6-0/160[/td] [td]Louisville[/td] [/tr][/table]
Thats the top 6 from that class, all of whom have solid careers in the NBA with the exception of Livingston whos been plagued by injuries..

73m35u.jpg

"It felt good, man," Green said. "There's a lot of people in the country that don't like Greg Paulus. I'm pretty sure they werepretty happy watching that."

What a game.... nothing better than ruining Duke's senior night.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

do you think any of that might have to do with the fact that he was committed to go play for Duke??

I'd be the first to say dookies get unjust hype, but no, I don't think being the best high school player in Cal for three years was all about him goingto Duke.

i would say those were the most heralded players in that class..

Either way you cut it, he was a top 20 prospect and most would consider that "heralded". He made a lot of noise at ABCD and then ofcourse the big AAUtourneys that got him the scholly in the first place.

I am not saying his career was a complete failure, but he never turned out to be the player or scorer most had expected, a la Mike Jones @ MD.

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

73m35u.jpg

"It felt good, man," Green said. "There's a lot of people in the country that don't like Greg Paulus. I'm pretty sure they were pretty happy watching that."

What a game.... nothing better than ruining Duke's senior night.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif

Y'all boys played a good game last night though.....

Didn't think Hairline Greene had it in him...

Back
Top Bottom