Official: 01-16-09 Orlando Magic @ Los Angeles Lakers 7:30PM PST Vol. SMH @ Kurt Rambis

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

I mean I've never seen anyone who missed like 6 shots in a row in the final minutes of the game.

Let me see hands who has seen that before...LOL

laugh.gif
did you not see Cavs vs Bulls yestersay when LeChoke missed 13 shots in the last minutes Looking really smart.......

Originally Posted by knightngale

FISHER MAKING UP FOR HIS ******ED PLAY AGAINST THE SPURS AND COMING UP BIG WITH 3-11 FROM THE FIELD
while getting torched for 28 by Nelson

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

The lakers are not gonna win anything with fisher as the starting PG...dude is DONE and ******ed

Bynum getting outrebounded by howard 20-3
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Gasol did his usual disappearing act against a tough frontline

Lamar Odom is getting
pimp.gif

time to start him and bench bynum

Kobe was garbage in the 4th but he was probably tired from carrying the team the whole game

with that said...lakers could have won if they did not miss their free throws
smh.gif

Lamar spoils his performance tonight with his terrible free throw shooting. He literally has the worst free throw shooting stance I have ever seen in my life. When you're at the line you try to be calm and set and have as little movement as possible. Lamar is the only person I have ever seen who slides his footafter a dribble to a different position and shoot

Magic tied for best record in da league, I sure hope this is da year we win it all, great win tonite, thanks Kobe

so damn frustrating. Of course as a Laker fan I have to complain about the usual bad calls (Kobe getting fouled by Howard, Gasol getting a "T" whileHoward elbows his head etc) but honestly Im more upset about the perimeter defense (again getting killed by threes), about Bynum's lack of rebounding, Kobebricking it in the 4th (especially after setting up the offense for 3 quarters) and just the lack of effort.

And now I have to wake up tomorrow and buy the Kobe IV's after a loss. Dont feel so enthusiastic anymore.

All in all Celts are still the team to beat......
There the ones with the rings and well even though they played crappy these last games they champs

alright next time when we're down, let kobe just continue to pass to Fish, Odom, and Vlad, he wasn't being double teamed in the 2nd half like he was in the 1st, that's why he was able to get guys open looks
I agree to a certain extent, but there were two shots that weren't within the offense and I believe that they came at a time when the Lakerswent from playing from ahead to playing from behind. One of those shots was an airball. That was when Kobe needed to run the offense. Instead, he airballeda shot, took another contested shot, and took that jumper over Howard when he should have taken it to the rack. No ball movement was to be seen.

On the other end of the floor we saw the pick-and-roll, passes to the post, and some clutch shooting.

I wanted to see Kobe in the post or coming off of screens. Maybe something to Pau at the elbow. He's a decent passer.

No big deal, but it a little easier to take a loss when the team is playing "the right way."

The Lakers are getting their opponents best performance every night and they have to come in expecting that and and have to step up their game as well.

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

alright next time when we're down, let kobe just continue to pass to Fish, Odom, and Vlad, he wasn't being double teamed in the 2nd half like he was in the 1st, that's why he was able to get guys open looks
I agree to a certain extent, but there were two shots that weren't within the offense and I believe that they came at a time when the Lakers went from playing from ahead to playing from behind. One of those shots was an airball. That was when Kobe needed to run the offense. Instead, he airballed a shot, took another contested shot, and took that jumper over Howard when he should have taken it to the rack. No ball movement was to be seen.

On the other end of the floor we saw the pick-and-roll, passes to the post, and some clutch shooting.

I wanted to see Kobe in the post or coming off of screens. Maybe something to Pau at the elbow. He's a decent passer.

No big deal, but it a little easier to take a loss when the team is playing "the right way."

I agree, but when they had JJ on Kobe earlier in the 4th they kept going away from him, Fish takes a couple ******ed shots, Odom inexplicablyjacks up an airball 3, etc. Kobe didn't play like he usually does in crunch time, but he did take it to the rack at least 3 times got contact, but nowhistles. And the Magic kept jumping that pick and roll with him and Pau so I can see why they stopped running that. Most of his shots, except for the ones youmentioned were makeable shots, they just didn't go down.

Anyway, it's not the end of the world, we just have to play better on defense closing out. We were fairly good except for that early stretch in the 3rd andat the end of the 4th, not by coincidence when Ariza wasn't on the floor. Phil needs to stop taking him out at crunch time, he's our best perimeterdefender this year.

Another tough loss.

We were there but our D just wasn't there when we needed it.

Letting nelson get up that second 3.....

Got to get the win on monday.

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

don't sleep on the magic, this team is scary if they're shooting well.....

their playing great, but I just can't buy into a team that rely on the 3 as much as their do. They also can't win with a front court of Hedo andRashard, not that their talented but that Rashard is undersized at the 4 and Hedo isn't quick enough to content with Lebron and Pierce. A team that has tocross match so much eventually compromise their defense

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ 3 rebounds for Andrew Bynum. Soft +#* mf'er. His interior defense is atrocious
smh.gif

thats 2 rbds/g vs the magic.

Dwight in early foul trouble both games vs Lakers but still has an impact and stays in the game.

how many pts is Mo Williams going to have on Monday?

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ 3 rebounds for Andrew Bynum. Soft +#* mf'er. His interior defense is atrocious
smh.gif

after looking at the stats that is the main reason the lakers lost the game...and many other games

54-40 on rebounds
that is almost a guaranteed loss every time

dude is not just soft but lazy and slow as well
sick.gif

I'm not sweating these losses, but one thing that concerns me that led to our demise in the Finals last year, is our toughness. We still don't seem tohave that on the interior, we don't go AFTER rebounds for crap and when Kobe is damn near leading the team in rebs every other night, that's not a goodsign at all. Pau throwing his little tantrum tonight just reminded me of Gasoft from last year, I don't know IF we do make it back to the Finals, if theend result will be any different cause we just don't seem to be tough at all.

And Drew, there's no damn excuse for him to be playing with no effort (except on offense) like he is. He may turn it on, but I'm not liking that theygave him that extension so early, they should have waited to evaluate how he performed this season.

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
I was telling the person that I watched the game with that Bynum just doesn't seem to know where to be on defense and he doesn't have anypep in his step. He just doesn't get after it.

This team is funny, it has four small forwards that each have a specialty that the Lakers need because of the deficiencies at C. Walton makes the offense runwell, Ariza plays D & slashes, Radmanovic shoots the 3 well, and Odom (basically a PF for the Lakers) helps pick up the rebounding that our C's lackin.

It's a good thing that contracts are ending and the draft may have a lot of PGs.

All I can think about now is how in training camp how Bynum was talking about wanting to average 20 points a game
mad.gif
and Phil talking about he wanted him to focus on his defense, blocking shots andaveraging at least 10 rebounds a game. It would have been nice if the Lakers had a tough veteran interior player to mentor Bynum cuz as much as a coach getson you, theres a big difference when a player is toughening you up in practice and getting on you constantly.

Originally Posted by solefob

All I can think about now is how in training camp how Bynum was talking about wanting to average 20 points a game
mad.gif
and Phil talking about he wanted him to focus on his defense, blocking shots and averaging at least 10 rebounds a game. It would have been nice if the Lakers had a tough veteran interior player to mentor Bynum cuz as much as a coach gets on you, theres a big difference when a player is toughening you up in practice and getting on you constantly.
Paul Millsap. If my memory serves me correct, I remember him balling for the Lakers summer league team after leading the nation in reboundingthree straight years. People on LG.net wanted the Lakers to keep him, but they obviouslydidn't. I'm not sure if he wasn't signed or if he was just a training camp cut.

Regardless, he'd be a great player to have on this team. Bynum and Pau are both too flat-footed to be a good rebounding duo.
He may turn it on, but I'm not liking that they gave him that extension so early, they should have waited to evaluate how he performed this season.
The thing is, he's probably better than he was last year, but he can't put up those numbers with Pau on the floor. Neither the offensenor the defense are being run the same way this season. Give him Pau's minutes and shots and we'd probably be happy with his numbers. My guess isthat they'll listen to offers for Gasol if they don't win the championship this season. Then again, with Aldridge & Oden in Portland, theadvantages they'll have at one of two positions every game, and the fact that the Lakers are fourth in the league in rebound differential (Boston,Portland, Clevelend) and they may not look to move him.

Maybe it'll come down to finding an upgrade at PG, giving Ariza most of the minutes at SF, and keeping Odom to play PF or making a move for a high energyPF.
We were fairly good except for that early stretch in the 3rd and at the end of the 4th, not by coincidence when Ariza wasn't on the floor. Phil needs to stop taking him out at crunch time, he's our best perimeter defender this year.
Didn't he leave Ariza on Parker against the Spurs? I thought that went well.

Back
Top Bottom