Offical Manny Pacquiao VS Ricky Hatton May 2nd 9pmET/6pmPT HBO PPV

Originally Posted by tha2one

Like Shang Tsung saying " YOUR SOUL IS MINE!" FLAWLESS VICTORY!! LMAO!!!!!!!
laugh.gif
sig check!

roll.gif

Come on now. If you're gonna rock a sig, do it with class
tongue.gif

Team Pacquiao
Hatton was pronounced legally dead as soon as Pac landed that Hammer of Thor punch.

Originally Posted by 18key

Come on now. If you're gonna rock a sig, do it with class
tongue.gif

Team Pacquiao
Hatton was pronounced legally dead as soon as Pac landed that Hammer of Thor punch.

LoL SORRY!
laugh.gif
Nice Fading Colors!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

I think this says it all right here...

"I'm just fighter"

I took this a shot at his english especially after you posting all that nonsense, predicting a winner is one thing but all that other junk is hating. YouFailed all over this thread, you never were a real fan, I don't have to explain my fanhood to you. but if I must I saw Manny knock a man out live 99'Quezon City... Back to the San Miguels

smh.gif
@ dudes in here bickering about their fan-hood. Justenjoy the moment, damn! Before we know it, Manny will be old and retired. Just enjoy the fight
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BC2310

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

I think this says it all right here...

"I'm just fighter"

I took this a shot at his english especially after you posting all that nonsense, predicting a winner is one thing but all that other junk is hating. You Failed all over this thread, you never were a real fan, I don't have to explain my fanhood to you. but if I must I saw Manny knock a man out live 99' Quezon City... Back to the San Miguels

Not a shot at his english dude...

It was more like a testament of his humbleness. Dude said "im just a fighter". After accomplishing a huge victory, and he says he's just afighter???

I was commending him. Do not take me out of context because you don't understand the quote. BTW nice job looking up his 99' fights on boxrec bro...

^^In all fairness to Ricky I don't think dude could formulate a sentence let alone conduct an interview after gettin' touched up like that
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 1stand15th

^^In all fairness to Ricky I don't think dude could formulate a sentence let alone conduct an interview after gettin' touched up like that
laugh.gif
Word health always comes first. Even though he got up and walked away on his on strength, he was in no shape to do an interview. Not a priority.Dude looked hurt man, he was just being strong for his family getting up and walking to the back. Man got laid out.

Floyd No Show.
Lol

AS VEGAS - It took just 359 seconds to add the latest devastating chapter to a legacy that will last for decades.
Manny Pacquiao's flurried fists made short work of Ricky Hatton on Saturday night at the MGM Grand Garden Arena and delivered the most emphatic proofyet that boxing has a superstar for the ages operating at his peak.

Pacquiao sent the Englishman crashing to the canvas twice in a frenetic first round, then sealed the contest with a brutal left hook that had Hatton outcold on his back with one tick remaining in the second round.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. may have announced his comeback from a brief and scarcely-believable retirement on Saturday morning. But there can be no doubt thatPacquiao is boxing's undisputed king as he continues to ride a remarkable wave of momentum.

"Our strategy was the one punch," Pacquiao said. "Left hook. Right hook. That was going to be the key to this fight."

The Filipino fighter is a quiet and reserved man out of the ring, but between the ropes he morphs into an electrifying machine - and Hatton felt his fullforce.

The Hatton camp had hoped their man's power would be telling, yet he simply had no response to Pacquiao's pace and precision. A right hook putHatton down with 54 seconds remaining in round one and proved to be the beginning of the end.

"I knew it was over," said Freddie Roach, Pacquiao's trainer. "Ricky fights the same way over and over. He doesn't have the abilityto adjust."

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
b

As Pacquiao moved in for the finish in the second round, Hatton tried to cling on only to be sent down again with a fierce straight left. Doctorsimmediately rushed to the aid of Hatton, who eventually and thankfully was able to walk from the ring under his own steam.

"I am surprised this fight was so easy," said Pacquiao. "I did work hard in my training camp and it paid off. This is as big a victory for meas when I beat Oscar De La Hoya."

That December triumph over De La Hoya did not convince the entire boxing fraternity of Pacquiao's ability, primarily as the Golden Boy's powers hadso clearly dimmed from his prime. Now there is no speculation. Pacquiao is the top dog, until someone proves otherwise in the ring.

Floyd Mayweather Sr. was a no-show at the postfight newsconference, leaving Hatton's co-trainer, Lee Beard, to explain the mauling by Pacquiao.

"We knew about Manny's speed and that it could play a factor in the fight," Beard said. "What you saw was two rounds of action and Rickygot caught."

Roach's status as a trainer grows in line with each victory his top fighter posts and it became clear his game plan was perfect. Hatton could not avoidPacquiao, who landed with 73 of his 127 punches. The Brit could only land 18 of 78.

"This is no shock at all," Roach said. "Hatton pumps his hands before he throws a punch, and it makes him a sucker for the right hook.

"Manny is a monster. He is the best fighter ever. There is no surprise here."

Defeat was a bitter blow to the thousands of Hatton fans among the 16,262 in attendance who had journeyed across the Atlantic but saw their dreams dashedwithin a few brutal minutes.

The typical symphony of chanting carried on even after their man had been sparked out, but it may not strike up again. Hatton, who was alert in his lockerroom before being taken to the hospital, is one of the most popular boxers ever with an incredible fan base, but his fighting future is now in seriousdoubt.

For Pacquiao, the future is brighter than ever, and his legend continues to grow.

Said Pacquiao: "I can fight anybody."

Originally Posted by KiNGJRMZair23

Nice Win for MP. I kinda felt sorry for Hatton though because dude got laid out big time.
Poor dude was embarrassed, he made Oscar look like a champ

I do feel for Hatton right now. After watching the fight, he couldnt land anything. Everyone who said Hatton has the same speed as pacquiao make a hugemistake, hatton looked like a slug out there compared to manny.

Back
Top Bottom