Offical: Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez IV thread.

SneakerHeathen, You gotta put yourself in the Pac stans shoes for a sec and understand what he's meant to Filipinos culturally. Manny is like the messiah for a whole nation . A lot of stuff being said is just emotion clouding rational judgement.

It's not just Filipinos, but you know what? I don't even believe that.

The REALEST sentiment I've encountered after this fight has come from a filipino dude. A friend of mine who is a true boxing fan, who loves Pacquiao but reflected many of my feelings about the bout.

It's casual fans who treat Manny and Floyd as the end all be all, if it doesn't happen between these two the sport is dead types. The ones who aren't doing the sport any favors by not giving Marquez his due.

THAT'S why the sport is dying, not because that fight may or may not happen. It's because they let one guy become bigger than the sport itself, and now their interest is weaning because THEIR image of Pacquiao is damaged.

That's the funny thing about it, they're the ones bailing on him just like he bailed on them. I'm not taking anything away from Pacquiao, he's still a great champion and one of the very best of our era.

So yeah, I'm not easing up. Expect no empathy from me for those people, NONE.

FLOYD MAYWEATHER ON PACQUIAO'S KO LOSS: "I FEEL BAD FOR HIM...HOPEFULLY HE CAN BOUNCE BACK"
By Ben Thompson | December 10, 2012

"Things happen. You live and you learn. The only thing he can do is rejuvenate himself and bounce back like a true champion," stated undefeated pound-for-pound champion Floyd Mayweather, who shared his thoughts on Manny Pacquiao's shocking 6th round knockout loss at the hands of Juan Manuel Marquez. Although he has yet to actually see the fight, Mayweather praised the performances of both fighters and offered some words of advice for the 8-division world champion.

"Marquez is a true champion, Manny Pacquiao is a true champion, both of them went out there and put on a good performance, and that's a good thing for the sport of boxing," Mayweather commented. "I wish Pacquiao nothing but the best. I wish that he can bounce back and he can recoup from this. In the sport of boxing, you have to really dedicate yourself to your craft. You have to really, really dedicate yourself to your craft. I think he's got so many different things on the outside that he worries about, you know. But it was a good thing that he was able to come into the sport, you know, piggyback off my name, and get a bunch of endorsement deals and make a good living. That's a great thing."

As far as the mega-fight with the Filipino icon is concerned, Mayweather suggests the manner in which Pacquiao was knocked out probably means he has a lot more to think about, and a long way to go, before that fight is ever a possibility again. "Pacquiao's focus should be trying to take a vacation, get his mind right, and get a few tune-up fights so he can bounce back," he explained. "I'm not here to talk bad about Pacquiao. I feel bad for him, honestly. I really feel bad for him. There's a difference in the ways you can get knocked out. See, when a guy gets knocked out and he can get up, they sit him on his stool, they rub his back, he go home and ice himself, you know, he go to the hospital and get checked out and he's okay, that's one thing. But when you gotta wake a guy up with smelling salt and he got a concussion and he gotta go to the hospital over night, that's crucial. I mean, that's close to the death."

Mayweather added, "Hopefully he's okay. My prayers go out to the Pacquiao family. I know he loves the sport of boxing, so hopefully he can bounce back."

dude stays running his mouth. that's what's wrong with manny's fan base. y'all know the least but talk the most. **** don't work like that, females

SneakerHeathen, You gotta put yourself in the Pac stans shoes for a sec and understand what he's meant to Filipinos culturally. Manny is like the messiah for a whole nation . A lot of stuff being said is just emotion clouding rational judgement.
That kind of hero worship is disgusting to me. He's just a damn boxer. Filipinos so damn desperate sometimes when it comes to sports or entertainment stars. They try to claim everybody :lol:. I try to ignore what my family and friends say about boxing because it's extremely biased most of the time. I'm glad now that they can't say anything anymore. He's from my home country but that doesn't mean I have to be a fan of his or be on his side in every argument.

That kind of hero worship is disgusting to me. He's just a damn boxer. Filipinos so damn desperate sometimes when it comes to sports or entertainment stars. They try to claim everybody :lol:. I try to ignore what my family and friends say about boxing because it's extremely biased most of the time. I'm glad now that they can't say anything anymore. He's from my home country but that doesn't mean I have to be a fan of his or be on his side in every argument.

As I stated earlier the PI is filled with corruption and poverty, Manny is a refuge for those people suffering. I don't condone slurping to that degree but I can understand why Pac means so much to them. We have very few positive representations in the media so when someone of Pac's status comes up he's gonna blow up and get gassed up by Filipinos.

Pacquiao outworked Marquez in their 2nd and 3rd fights. Compubox stats don't lie.

You "know boxing" because you've "done boxing" and you're going to let that bag of crap come out of your mouth? "Compubox stats don't lie"?

Are you going to argue against math and facts? :lol: I can't believe some of you dudes. Really??? I'll give Marquez the credit in the 2nd fight for having the better punch stats. He got put on his butt, though, so that's what cost him.

Pacquiao outworked Marquez in their 2nd and 3rd fights. Compubox stats don't lie.

You "know boxing" because you've "done boxing" and you're going to let that bag of crap come out of your mouth? "Compubox stats don't lie"?

Are you going to argue against math and facts? :lol: I can't believe some of you dudes. Really??? I'll give Marquez the credit in the 2nd fight for having the better punch stats. He got put on his butt, though, so that's what cost him.

Compubox stats are now facts?

:rofl:

Last edited:

you do realize compubox is recorded by 2 guys sitting ringside pressing buttons, right? it can be very inaccurate

you do realize compubox is recorded by 2 guys sitting ringside pressing buttons, right? it can be very inaccurate

Even so, the margin of error is not great enough to disregard the importance of Compubox statistics. Not to mention that punches can be reviewed in replay to determine a clean blow landed or not. Some of you dudes are just too funny :lol:. The education level of some NTers :smh:.

Last edited:

Compubox stats are now facts?

:rofl:

If you have a reason to believe Marquez won the 2nd or 3rd fight, please share. Show us your scorecard. I've already posted mine.

Even so, the margin of error is not great enough to disregard the importance of Compubox statistics. Not to mention that punches can be reviewed in replay to determine a clean blow landed or not. Some of you dudes are just too funny :lol:. The education level of some NTers :smh:.

Let me ask you a question.

You live in the bay, probably Daly City or maybe Hercules, so I'm assuming you're Filipino. Am I correct?

Yes, but I am not as biased as you would believe. I am a boxing fan first, and I am not ashamed to admit that Mayweather would dominate Pacquiao. And no, I don't live in Daly City nor Hercules. I live in Berkeley.

Yes, but I am not as biased as you would believe. I am a boxing fan first, and I am not ashamed to admit that Mayweather would dominate Pacquiao. And no, I don't live in Daly City nor Hercules. I live in Berkeley.

Well you're sounding real biased about this fight even going as far as claiming Marquez is on the juice. Sounds like a salty loser to me..

Well you're sounding real biased about this fight even going as far as claiming Marquez is on the juice. Sounds like a salty loser to me..

You've offered no boxing related analysis, just accusations. Yeah, I'm not going to take you seriously. Your lack of knowledge in the field is showing. If you had gone back and read all of my comments, I even said that the jury is still out on Pacquiao and PEDs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom