Offical: Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez IV thread.

Romney's face is KILLING me LMAO

Man, I think boxing upsets are up there with playoff games and any Cowboy loss as the funniest threads in S&T.

ok maybe you guys have a different standard for all time greats that i do..getting constantly knocked out by journeymen fighters its hard for me to have him in that category

And your standards are???
Who is on your list?

Roy Jones, Jr. and Mayweather are definitely on mine. You can't get any more dominant in the sport than that. Also, B-Hop.

tommy hearns had a glass jaw too, what's your point?
nobody knew about roy's glass jaw until he was 35
and how is manny not a top tier fighter when he has destroyed multiple hall of famers
let me ask you this, which fighter is top tier in your opinion?

nah i disagree with that..look at the caliber of opponents hearns lost to then look at the caliber of opponents roy jones lost to..i'll just leave it at that..
my definition of top tier is someone who can be considered top 2-3 all time within the divisions they fought in... so floyd would be in this category while manny would not.

Last edited:
nah i disagree with that..look at the caliber of opponents hearns lost to then look at the caliber of opponents roy jones lost to..i'll just leave it at that..
my definition of top tier is someone who can be considered top 2-3 all time within the division they fought in

tommy hearns lost to iran barkley multiple times, he's not an all time great by any means

the same iran barkley that james toney destroyed

the same james toney that roy jones dominated

you're discrediting fighters for loses that they had late in their careers when they were past their prime

i guess jordan isn't a great basketball player because of what he did on the wizards

I applaud yall who can have a intelligent discussion about boxing, with the history and whatnot.

Always wished I could get into the sport.

tommy hearns lost to iran barkley multiple times, he's not an all time great by any means
you're discrediting fighters for loses that they had late in their careers when they were past their prime
i guess jordan isn't a great basketball player because of what he did on the wizards
lol

lol..when did i ever say tommy hearns was top tier?? i just gave you my definition and its obvious he doesnt fit in that category.. im not trying to discredit roy jones at all..im simply saying he is not top tier based on my definition of a top tier fighter..let me ask you..do you think roy jones is top 2-3 all time within the most competitive divisions he fought in?

lol
lol..when did i ever say tommy hearns was top tier?? i just gave you my definition and its obvious he doesnt fit in that category.. im not trying to discredit roy jones at all..im simply saying he is not top tier based on my definition of a top tier fighter..let me ask you..do you think roy jones is top 2-3 all time within the most competitive divisions he fought in?

really. tommy hears not top tier?

what about duran? leonard? hagler? benitez?

i'd love to hear who you consider a top tier welterweight, middleweight, etc

as for your question, boxing has been around for hundreds of years, im not a historian so i'm not going to pretend to have enough knowledge to definitively say a prime roy jones would beat every fighter from middleweight to light heavyweight EVER. i just think its crazy to say that a guy who went unchallenged as the best p4p fighter for 10+ years, who dominated multiple weight classes, isn't a top tier fighter.

muhammad ali losing fights at the end of his career doesn't tarnish his legacy

sugar ray robinson losing fights at the end of his career doesn't tarnish his legacy

Last edited:
lol

Yes, without a doubt. He outboxed another all-time great, Bernard Hopkins. RJJ was a tremendous fighter. Quick reflexes, blazing hand speed, one-punch KO power, and incredible boxing instinct. If you're measuring his talent based on his record or who beat him post-Tarver, then Mayweather doesn't deserve to be on your list, either. Floyd ducked them all until recently and continues to duck Pacquiao.

Last edited:
really. tommy hears not top tier?
what about duran? leonard? hagler? benitez?
i'd love to hear who you consider a top tier welterweight, middleweight, etc

course not he wasn't even top 2 of his own era

basically what i am telling you is that to be considered top tier in my opinion, you would have to arguably be the best fighter all time in that weight class or a strong runner-up

Last edited:
Yes, without a doubt. He outboxed another all-time great, Bernard Hopkins. RJJ was a tremendous fighter. Quick reflexes, blazing hand speed, one-punch KO power, and incredible boxing instinct. If you're measuring his talent based on his record or who beat him post-Tarver, then Mayweather doesn't deserve to be on your list, either. Floyd ducked them all until recently and continues to duck Pacquiao.

lol c'mon man floyd is undefeated..roy was gettin knocked out on the ground shakin..floyd is what like 35-36? roy had already been knocked out like twice at that point

Last edited:
course not he wasn't even top 2 of his own era
basically what i am telling you is that to be considered top tier in my opinion, you would have to arguably be the best fighter all time in that weight class or a strong runner-up

give me an example of a fighter you consider top tier then

lol c'mon man floyd is undefeated..roy was gettin knocked out on the ground shakin..floyd is what like 35-36? roy had already been knocked out like twice at that point

Technically, Roy was undefeated at age 35, too. His only loss was a DQ to Montell Griffin for hitting him while he was already down. We all know how the 2nd fight turned out. Come on, dude. You're not even being a good student of boxing right now :lol:. Be reasonable.

Jim Lampley, "Roy Jones is the best fighter of his generation!"

Last edited:
Hopefully, mayweather will now consider going against pac since pac has lost 3 in a row. If appearing "washed up" is what it takes to get floyd's attention, as a boxing fan, I'd love to see this.

Technically, Roy was undefeated at age 35, too. His only loss was a DQ to Montell Griffin for hitting him while he was already down. We all know how the 2nd fight turned out. Come on, dude. You're not even being a good student of boxing right now :lol:. Be reasonable.
Jim Lampley, "Roy Jones is the best fighter of his generation!"

man roy was 35 when he got knocked out by tarver and the other cat..look it up

ali, ray robinson, floyd, aaron pryor etc

you don't consider hearns a great but you consider pryor a great? other than arguello who did pryor beat?

hearns won titles from 147 to 175 and beat guys like Cuevas, Duran, Benitez, and Hill

Back
Top Bottom