Offical: Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez IV thread.

That's all well and good but that still doesn't mean you can shout down from your high horse that other folks shouldn't have an opinion about the results of other fights. Anyone can have an opinion. No one gives a **** about how much you participated in the sport and how intelligent you think you are when watching a fight, especially if you come off as an a-hole. Just like no one gives two ***** that I participated and know what to look for. Their opinion is as good as mine and yours. Some judges have been around 20 goddamn years and can't get their **** right.

Nope, I don't think so. I actually offer good points and evidence to support my claim. These other clowns are just saying things without supporting them with evidence. Also, you should cool it, potty mouth.

Last edited:
the pacman fans were so annoying but i dont think this is pacman last fight.

i mean he was winning but got caught slippin.

i still think mayweather pacman will happen

It'll happen. Neither of them are going to retire anytime soon.
Also, you should cool it, potty mouth.

:lol: that's just how I talk none of that **** was directed at your person. I can see your point but I disagree, I think a lot of folks (maybe not in this thread) have given valid thoughts on all 3 fights prior to last night. I'm sure not all of them have laced up gloves, I'm not going to hold that against the opinion of a person.

Last edited:
Corrales is the only one that deserves a nod from your list. That fight was fantastic.
But I was referring to his recent choices of opponents and the way him and Haymon hand-pick opponents.
Mayweather should have fought the likes of Cotto years earlier (May still would have won but why wait till Cotto was washed up), Pacquiao, Mosley earlier, etc.
Judah - One of the most overrated boxers of the last decade
Hatton - THE MOST overrated boxer of the last decade
Mosley - Was washed up at the time
Marquez - Was bloated, slow, and Mayweather came in heavier than the contractual weight

you're saying all of this in hindsight, fact is each one of these dudes were on the top 10 p4p list when mayweather fought them

nobody was saying mosley was washed up until after floyd beat him. just before that he had demolished maragarito who everybody thought floyd was afraid of, and was ranked #3 p4p. also, floyd had been trying to get a fight with shane for a while, it was shane who was ducking him:

people try to make the mosley fight seem like a cherrypick now, but if floyd fought margarito at the time instead of mosley im sure people would be saying "why not fight the guy that just destroyed margarito"

at the time, mayweather mosley was a fight everybody wanted to see

easy to say hatton is overrated now, but at the time he was undefeated and many thought his pressure would be too much for mayweather

if floyd fought marquez now do you really think marquez would do any better? floyd was coming off a 18th month lay off and didnt lose a single round. made a hall of famer look like an amateur

floyd not fighting cotto earlier probably had much to do with who his promoter was, because if you notice the only guys floyd has apparently been ducking are all promoted by bob arum. once cotto left bob arum the fight was made quite easily

Last edited:
It'll happen. Neither of them are going to retire anytime soon.
Also, you should cool it, potty mouth.

:lol: that's just how I talk none of that **** was directed at your person. I can see your point but I disagree, I think a lot of folks (maybe not in this thread) have given valid thoughts on all 3 fights prior to last night. I'm sure not all of them have laced up gloves, I'm not going to hold that against the opinion of a person.

:lol: I'll play nice because I think you're a good dude. I get your point and actually think it's valid. It's just frustrating with some of these dudes, you know? Like I don't respect every judge just because they judge fights at the professional level. A lot of them are garbage, and when they turn in a bad decision, sometimes I question their boxing knowledge. CJ Ross, for example. Her score on Pacquiao/Bradley was horrible. Also, just because someone has boxed, that doesn't make them a good judge. I understand this. Someone can have never laced on a pair of gloves and be spot on with their boxing analysis.

However, in the situation where someone has never scored a fight properly AND never boxed, and then they say "Oh, Marquez got robbed. It's not even debatable." I just can't take them seriously. At least offer a reason why. Don't just say it.

Anyway, here's my scores for Pacquiao/Marquez II-IV:

Pacquiao vs. Marquez II
114-113 for Pacquiao
-the only difference was the knock down

Pacquiao vs. Marquez III
116-112
-Marquez let up in the last 4 rounds and it ultimately cost him

Pacquiao vs. Marquez IV
Pacquiao led 47-46 through 5 rounds. He was on his way to winning the 6th for a 57-55 lead.

i cant believe people are surprised at this result. pac lost every fight he ever had against marquez in my opinion.. manny is and was always just a bum hyped up by the media. he never had any real talent. i feel sad that anyone ever believed in him in the first place

Unconditional love for Pacquiao, Hope Jinkee is ok! Marquez finally got what he wanted it only took him four fights. Props to Marquez for not giving up, guess he cant accept being dominated haha. Pacquiao is still the one though. Every fighter has his day and that was tough to see,im still hurting. But we all know if he comes back or not he is one of the most revered respected boxers in the game past present and future. #TEAMPACQUIAO
pimp.gif
 THIS 

^^ dude has multiple belts on multiple weight classes, but I guess the only belt that matters is the one to your heart :frown: sheds a tear

Last edited:
^^ dude has multiple belts on multiple weight classes, but I guess the only belt that matters is the one to your heart :frown: sheds a tear

lol..roy jones has multiple belts from multiple weight classes..who's all time great list is he on? so whats your point brah?

lol..roy jones has multiple belts from multiple weight classes..who's all time great list is he on? so whats your point brah?

a better question is who's all time great list is he not on

despite roy fighting for much longer than he should have, dude was without question the best fighter on the planet for a decade

how many former super welterweights won the heavyweight title?

i guess tommy hearns shouldnt be an atg since he had the same issues with iran barkley that pac has with marquez

Last edited:

despite roy fighting for much longer than he should have, dude was without question the best fighter on the planet for a decade

i guess tommy hearns shouldnt be an atg since he had the same issues with iran barkley that pac has with marquez

Roy Jones, Jr. was the man. He was untouchable in his prime. :lol: at that guy taking shots at one of the all-time greats.

Fighting much longer than he should have? Roy Jones had a glass jaw and once everyone saw that he was done for... if roy jones is on anyones' list for alltime great boxers that would be news to me...Im not saying manny is sub par because of his problems with marquez.. i am simply stating that manny is not a top tier fighter for a variety of reasons

ok maybe you guys have a different standard for all time greats that i do..getting constantly knocked out by journeymen fighters its hard for me to have him in that category

Fighting much longer than he should have? Roy Jones had a glass jaw and once everyone saw that he was done for... if roy jones is on anyones' list for alltime great boxers that would be news to me...Im not saying manny is sub par because of his problems with marquez.. i am simply stating that manny is not a top tier fighter for a variety of reasons

tommy hearns had a glass jaw too, what's your point?

nobody knew about roy's glass jaw until he was 35

and moved down in weight, which is never a good idea

and how is manny not a top tier fighter when he has destroyed multiple hall of famers

let me ask you this, which fighter is top tier in your opinion?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom