Offical: Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez III 11/12/11

I think people thought Pac should've been schooling Marquez because they put him on Mayweather's level. When that didn't happen and Marquez stood toe to toe with Pac, it's easier to think Marquez won the fight, just my opinion. I honestly thought it could've gone either way and wasn't mad when I heard the announcer say Pac, and I'm the type to get really pissed if something is obviously unfair.

Not a fan of either

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

bottom line is the opinions of anyone who thinks pacquiao won that fight shouldn't be taken seriously anymore when they talk about sports.

QFT

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Marquez is always getting the short end of the stick because he's such a great technical boxer but he CLEARLY won this fight
I agree with you and that's why I see a problem with the mayweather fight. We know Mayweather is the best technical boxer out there. He is a counter puncher also. If the fight happens and goes the distance I could see the same thing happening.

How?  If the fight goes the distance then I see that benefiting Floyd more than Manny because of his style.  Let's not forget that Floyd made Marquez look like a joke, so if Manny's having a hard time against Marquez, how do you think he'll fare against Mayweather?

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Marquez is always getting the short end of the stick because he's such a great technical boxer but he CLEARLY won this fight
I agree with you and that's why I see a problem with the mayweather fight. We know Mayweather is the best technical boxer out there. He is a counter puncher also. If the fight happens and goes the distance I could see the same thing happening.

How?  If the fight goes the distance then I see that benefiting Floyd more than Manny because of his style.  Let's not forget that Floyd made Marquez look like a joke, so if Manny's having a hard time against Marquez, how do you think he'll fare against Mayweather?

I didn't watch the fight but I can't stand it when people say stuff like this. Boxing is about Styles, just because may destroyed Jmm doesn't mean it would be a cakewalk if he fought manny. You cant judge fighters like that.

I don't care for may or Pac ftr

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by SOFA KING AWSM

Manny won that one. clearly.

you being funny?

No. I didn't think JMM was robbed. I thought it was gonna be a close one all along, but with Manny edging it in the end. He hit him with more shots & was the aggressor. He is the champion and its JMM's job to really take it to him.

There was no way Manny was gonna be schooling JMM in this fight. Because of JMM's style/skill it was gonna be tough for Manny to get those REALLY good shots in. The fight could have been called a draw at the very least. Manny did what he had to do and came out the victor.

and Marquez did nothing towards the end of the fight to suggest he should have won the decision.

Agreed. They were going tit for tat each rd, JMM needed a bit more to win but just came up short. Hes an excellent boxer tho. I'm neither mexican or filipino
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
 Dont hate me for my opinion bros.
smokin.gif

Im a fan of the Pac-Man, but clearly he had issues with JMM last night. It was a close fight and I would've given it to Marquez, or even at most a draw.

All I know now is Pac-Man would struggle against Mayweather.. since Mayweather handed JMM's @+@ to him.

Just watched the fight, that was clearly a draw to me...Neither fighter really distinguished themselves...Although I'm a Floyd hater, that man comes prepared. If Pac-Man trains like he did for this fight, he's going to eat it if he faces Floyd steriods/HGH or not...

Im not going to debate over who is ducking who, but I can now understand why May would have some reservations about fighting Pac.
If judges are going to give Pac rounds because he is busy and throws punches in bunches (regardless if they land, or are flush hits) than yesterdays controversy could easily happen again.

I would hate for my first L to come from a guy I actually beat.

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

I didn't watch the fight but I can't stand it when people say stuff like this. Boxing is about Styles, just because may destroyed Jmm doesn't mean it would be a cakewalk if he fought manny. You cant judge fighters like that.

I don't care for may or Pac ftr

Of course it is, but the point being that Manny had a hard time against a technical boxer, which is what Floyd is.  Toward the end of the fight you could see Manny was being more aggressive because he needed to land punches, unfortunately Marquez got hit a couple times, but he did a good job avoiding most of the combos and landing a few of his own.  That's exactly what Floyd wants fighters to do because he's great at avoiding punches.  I'm not trying to predict the outcome or say Floyd will have it easy, but I'm just saying the longer the fight goes, the more it favors Floyd because, with his style, he'll do what Marquez did, just better.

pacfan here, i honestly believe that JMM got the best of Pac in that fight, however i would like to think that the reason why the judges gave the fight to manny is because manny was the champion, and to beat a champion you must do it in a spectacular manner, for JMM to have beaten pac he should have at least scored a knock down. having said that, i still believe that JMM deserves the utmost respect from all of us. BUT.... just to make things clear, it doesnt mean that because MAY > JMM and JMM > PAC that MAY will kick PAC's %%#. every fighter is unique, ever since PAC and JMM's first fight, i knew that JMM was pacquiao's kryptonite and PAC knows this, and that's why he wasnt the fighter he is during the fight. He's scared of JMM more than MAY! if he fights MAY, you'll see the real PAC with his flurry of punches which he didnt show in this fight against JMM. PAC may have lost a significant number of fans simply because of his arrogance on the post fight interview when he said "clearly i won the fight". And a fight against JMM on may wouldnt regain his fans cause 99% he would get his %%# kicked by JMM once again, the best option for him is to fight MAY on may2012. WIN OR LOSE he will be respected.

PS: even the P4P king has a kryptonite. JMM is a great fighter. the only fighter that gives PAC the chills. im filipino and i will die a fan of PAC but this fight was JMM's. and because of this he deserves my respect

Anyone that doesn't think that fight was an outright robbery doesn't know +#%% about boxing (aka the typical Pacquiao fan)

Originally Posted by Tupack Shaker

Anyone that doesn't think that fight was an outright robbery doesn't know +#%% about boxing (aka the typical Pacquiao fan)

Learn what the term robbery is for you or anyone to say robbery is to say Jmm won at least ten rounds in this fight and won in a landslide. That wasn't the case and if u really think that then you are the one that knows nothing about boxing.

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Im not going to debate over who is ducking who, but I can now understand why May would have some reservations about fighting Pac.
If judges are going to give Pac rounds because he is busy and throws punches in bunches (regardless if they land, or are flush hits) than yesterdays controversy could easily happen again.

I would hate for my first L to come from a guy I actually beat.
I think this is one of the main reasons Mayweather may be hesitating. It's human nature to see a guy throwing a ton of punches and think he's getting the better end of the fight. As we saw last night, Pacman's volume of punches seem to overshadow JMM completely outboxing him. 
Another point that not a lot of people are bringing up: Many people (Roach, Pacman himself, etc) were saying he was in the best shape of his life and was very, very focused on ending any doubts over the previous fights w/ JMM...with all that being said, JMM still outboxed him.

The laundry list of current/former champions (include stablemate Khan) who have gone on record to say JMM won + F. Roach telling Pac that he was losing and needed to knock JMM out in the 12th, AND the polar opposite faces of JMM & Pacman after the fight adds up to an outcome that can only be seen as very suspicious. 

The thing that upset me the most? Pac 'losing' his mouthpiece during the most pivotal round. The 'cramp' excuse was lame too, and Arum pulling Pacquiao after about 45 seconds in the news conference doesn't clear any doubts.

I can't wait to see what Mayweather says about the fight. This week should be interesting 

Everyone saying that JMM clearly won is a joke. The sore loser didn't do enough to win the fight. The only person he beat was himself, he has himself to blame for not giving it his all in the last two rounds, which could have easily gave marquez the fight. I'd rather watch MMA, atleast there I can see challengers giving a champion a run for their money. At the end of the day, Manny Pacquiao gets the W, and there is nothing anyone can do to change that. Cannot wait to see Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather Jr. 

Originally Posted by KB8isCLUTCH

why do you guys always bring race into this? mostly in a negative way too. terrible.
It's actually relevant when it involves this specific fighter.  His people are on his lumpia way too much and need to stop being so blind in anything that involves him.  I'm surrounded by it all the time and i'm sick of it.

Originally Posted by skillzboy44

Everyone saying that JMM clearly won is a joke. The sore loser didn't do enough to win the fight. The only person he beat was himself, he has himself to blame for not giving it his all in the last two rounds, which could have easily gave marquez the fight. I'd rather watch MMA, atleast there I can see challengers giving a champion a run for their money. At the end of the day, Manny Pacquiao gets the W, and there is nothing anyone can do to change that. Cannot wait to see Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather Jr. 
stick to ufc.

Originally Posted by Pacstan44

Originally Posted by Pacstan44

manny pacquiao clearly won, i wasn't even biting my nails at the end. very obvious that marquez didn't do enough to prove himself. only reason people had JMM winning was because no one had tested pacman like this for awhile. so every punch he landed on manny made it seem like he can be beaten. big ups to JMM. i've always been a fan of him. in the end haters gonna hate, people can cry all they want, but manny pacquiao has another win under his belt.

30t6p3b.gif

too many cry babies in here, ya'll can cry some more. guess who has the official win? exactly. haters. bring on mayweather.

What do you think of the dozens of current/retired championship level boxers and Hall of Famers who are saying Marquez won? Should we ignore their opinion and just trust you and a MS-DOS app called Compubox?

Originally Posted by Jerome in the House

I absolutely HATE Manny Pacquiao fans. He honestly is the most OVERRATED athlete on the planet right now.

I can't wait for Floyd to expose him. Floyd beat everyone Pac beat BEFORE him. If anyone tries to argue that Manny is better than Floyd then you DONT KNOW BOXING!

overrated tho??? and you know boxing? lulz

Originally Posted by shogun

Originally Posted by KB8isCLUTCH

why do you guys always bring race into this? mostly in a negative way too. terrible.
His people are on his lumpia way too much 
laugh.gif
 honestly the pure filipino and pure mexican boxing fanbase are way too similar. too much country pride.... its cool to be proud of your nation but when you act like you won a world war or become violent against other fans...thats od

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

What do you think of the dozens of current/retired championship level boxers and Hall of Famers who are saying Marquez won? Should we ignore their opinion and just trust you and a MS-DOS app called Compubox?
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, why should theirs sway mine? There are a handful of professionals that believe Lebron is better than Jordan. That doesn't change my views. If Marquez didn't fight so conservatively towards the end, I would have believed he won that fight. Why would he put himself in this position all over AGAIN? It happened the first two fights. If he was so confident, he should have put Pacquiao away to avoid another controversy; however, his corner committed the cardinal sin by telling him he was winning, and as a consequence he believed it and fought less aggressive. Go big or go home, right? Like i said we can argue all you guys want, but this one is already in the books. Just like the first meeting b/w Floyd Mayweather Jr and Jose Luis Castillo(which i believe castillo won).

Back
Top Bottom