Offical All Star Reserves Thread

[h3]
[/h3][h3]Clippers Move Up Flight, Presumably For Griffin ASG Announcement[/h3]
Feb 03, 2011 02:18 AM EST

Griffin_Blake_lac_110113.jpg

The Clippers have moved up their flight to Atlanta on Thursday because Blake Griffin is expected to be named to the 2011 All-Star team and they don't want to be in the air during the announcement.

Chris Kaman made the 2010 All-Star team as a commissioner selection.
Via Lisa Dillman/Los Angeles Times (via Twitter)
2mcvpqe.jpg

Originally Posted by bballah3

Originally Posted by Im Not You

In the west - You have to pick a reserve center (which will be Gasol), and you get 2 wild cards.

I understand that.

If Gasol is named a starter...that would mean that technically another Wild Card slot is created.

So basically when reserves are named tonight...Gasol would be named the reserve but start.

Basically a simpler way of putting it would be that Yao's replacement wouldn't have to be a C.

Yeah but another reserve just isn't thrown in, Stern picks it. So Gasol will be picked as a reserve tonight. Then that leaves Stern with a pick which will probably be one of the following: Kevin Love, Blake Griffin, Tim Duncan
No. All 3 of them will most likely make it. There HAS to be 7 players off the bench on each team, therefore Gasol doesn't count.
West-

Westbrook

Ginobli

Duncan

Griffin

Love

D-Will

Dirk 

East- 

Pierce

Rondo

Ray Allen

Garnett

Bosh

Joe Johnson

The last spot in the East I think will be a Knick. Someone out of Felton, Chandler or Gallo. I think they want 2 Knicks in there.

In the west - You have to pick a reserve center (which will be Gasol), and you get 2 wild cards.

I understand that.

If Gasol is named a starter...that would mean that technically another Wild Card slot is created.

So basically when reserves are named tonight...Gasol would be named the reserve but start.

Basically a simpler way of putting it would be that Yao's replacement wouldn't have to be a C.

Yeah but another reserve just isn't thrown in, Stern picks it. So Gasol will be picked as a reserve tonight. Then that leaves Stern with a pick which will probably be one of the following: Kevin Love, Blake Griffin, Tim Duncan
No. All 3 of them will most likely make it. There HAS to be 7 players off the bench on each team, therefore Gasol doesn't count.
West-

Westbrook

Ginobli

Duncan

Griffin

Love

D-Will

Dirk 

East- 

Pierce

Rondo

Ray Allen

Garnett

Bosh

Joe Johnson

The last spot in the East I think will be a Knick. Someone out of Felton, Chandler or Gallo. I think they want 2 Knicks in there.

LaMarcus Aldridge isn't going to make it but he deserves it as much as anybody...Wish he could be the center over Gasol

LaMarcus Aldridge isn't going to make it but he deserves it as much as anybody...Wish he could be the center over Gasol

Originally Posted by PMatic

Originally Posted by Proshares

I would lean to put Nash in before Williams and maybe Russell TBH. To be keeping that team afloat at .500 and still in contention at his age and with that piece of +!%% supporting cast is amazing.

I have a sneaking suspicion Al Horford is going to get shafted. Best player on that team.
Stop reading those ESPN chat rooms and Insider articles Pro.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

They've brainwashed me
eyes.gif

I would lean to put Nash in before Williams and maybe Russell TBH. To be keeping that team afloat at .500 and still in contention at his age and with that piece of +!%% supporting cast is amazing.

I have a sneaking suspicion Al Horford is going to get shafted. Best player on that team.
Stop reading those ESPN chat rooms and Insider articles Pro.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

They've brainwashed me
eyes.gif

East: Al Horford, Kevin Garnett, Chris Bosh, Paul Pierce, Joe Johnson, Rajon Rondo and Ray Felton

Snubs: Joakim Noah and Carlos Boozer (missed too many games), Andrew Bogut (team underachieving), Josh Smith (already got Horford and Johnson in), Ray Allen (not better than Johnson)

West: Pau Gasol (replacing Yao Ming in starting line up), Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Love, Blake Griffin, Manu Ginobili, Russell Westbrook, Deron Williams...last spot I want to give to LaMarcus Aldridge or Zach Randolph but I believe David Stern will pick Tim Duncan instead.

Snubs: Aldridge, Randolph, David West and Rudy Gay (West too deep at forward), Monta Ellis and Kevin Martin (teams not good), Steve Nash and Tony Parker (not getting spots over Ginobili, Westbrook and Williams)

coaches vote for the reserves.  I think Stern only picks injury replacements.....right?

East: Al Horford, Kevin Garnett, Chris Bosh, Paul Pierce, Joe Johnson, Rajon Rondo and Ray Felton

Snubs: Joakim Noah and Carlos Boozer (missed too many games), Andrew Bogut (team underachieving), Josh Smith (already got Horford and Johnson in), Ray Allen (not better than Johnson)

West: Pau Gasol (replacing Yao Ming in starting line up), Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Love, Blake Griffin, Manu Ginobili, Russell Westbrook, Deron Williams...last spot I want to give to LaMarcus Aldridge or Zach Randolph but I believe David Stern will pick Tim Duncan instead.

Snubs: Aldridge, Randolph, David West and Rudy Gay (West too deep at forward), Monta Ellis and Kevin Martin (teams not good), Steve Nash and Tony Parker (not getting spots over Ginobili, Westbrook and Williams)

coaches vote for the reserves.  I think Stern only picks injury replacements.....right?

Its gotta be for the west:
Russell Westbrook,
Monta Ellis,
Kevin Love,
Lamarcus Aldridge,
Rudy Gay
Deron Williams
David West

For the east:
Raymond Felton
Al Horford
Josh Smith
Paul Pierce
Ray Allen
Brook Lopez   
Chris Bosh

Garnett's been injured, as for Rondo I dont consider 10 ppg all star material.

Its gotta be for the west:
Russell Westbrook,
Monta Ellis,
Kevin Love,
Lamarcus Aldridge,
Rudy Gay
Deron Williams
David West

For the east:
Raymond Felton
Al Horford
Josh Smith
Paul Pierce
Ray Allen
Brook Lopez   
Chris Bosh

Garnett's been injured, as for Rondo I dont consider 10 ppg all star material.

Russell Westbrook is the ONLY player in the NBA averaging 20+, 5, and 8. In no way shape or form should Steve get any type of All Star consideration over Russ.

And Al Horford makes the game by default because they have to choose a reserve center. Same reason why he made the game last year. The only other person they could POSSIBLY choose is Andrew Bogut.
plus he puts up BETTER #'s without KD (including destroying the Celtics by himself, in Boston) so that shuts up the predictable "but he plays with Durant" reply. Also, tied with LeBron for leading the NBA this season with 3 triple doubles: Russell Westbrook.

Here;s my votes

West
G- Russell Westbrook
G- Manu Ginobili
F- Kevin Love
F- Blake Griffin- only problem with this, besides the complainers of "he's on a losing team," is this will have him in something every night of the All Star break. No Tim Duncan this yr, it's not a life time achievement award so 13 and 7 even on the best team doesn't do it for me. Plus it's an All Star game, give me Griffin's dunks over TD's bankshots 8 days a week
C- Lamarcus Aldridge- yes I abandoned position somewhat, it has been done before. Their is no all star centers, listed as centers, in the West. I want deserving guys here and not just kats making it on position related technicalities (see Antonio Davis, Dale Davis, Jamal Magloire, Zydraunus Ilgauskas's berths)
WC- Tony Parker- I'll admit their 70 win pace made me feel obligated to put him on. So either him here or Timmy
WC- Deron Williams

No Dirk Nowitzki? I left him off only because he said himself (Duncan did too) that he wouldn't mind not playing and having the added rest. If you want, give him the spot and let him gracefully decline to play then replace him and bring in the next guy.

East
Don't even care
laugh.gif

Russell Westbrook is the ONLY player in the NBA averaging 20+, 5, and 8. In no way shape or form should Steve get any type of All Star consideration over Russ.

And Al Horford makes the game by default because they have to choose a reserve center. Same reason why he made the game last year. The only other person they could POSSIBLY choose is Andrew Bogut.
plus he puts up BETTER #'s without KD (including destroying the Celtics by himself, in Boston) so that shuts up the predictable "but he plays with Durant" reply. Also, tied with LeBron for leading the NBA this season with 3 triple doubles: Russell Westbrook.

Here;s my votes

West
G- Russell Westbrook
G- Manu Ginobili
F- Kevin Love
F- Blake Griffin- only problem with this, besides the complainers of "he's on a losing team," is this will have him in something every night of the All Star break. No Tim Duncan this yr, it's not a life time achievement award so 13 and 7 even on the best team doesn't do it for me. Plus it's an All Star game, give me Griffin's dunks over TD's bankshots 8 days a week
C- Lamarcus Aldridge- yes I abandoned position somewhat, it has been done before. Their is no all star centers, listed as centers, in the West. I want deserving guys here and not just kats making it on position related technicalities (see Antonio Davis, Dale Davis, Jamal Magloire, Zydraunus Ilgauskas's berths)
WC- Tony Parker- I'll admit their 70 win pace made me feel obligated to put him on. So either him here or Timmy
WC- Deron Williams

No Dirk Nowitzki? I left him off only because he said himself (Duncan did too) that he wouldn't mind not playing and having the added rest. If you want, give him the spot and let him gracefully decline to play then replace him and bring in the next guy.

East
Don't even care
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom