Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Guys are tryna sell me that one Hedo is better then Vince AND a healthy Jameer?
smh.gif

All ya'll have a good safe New Years, make sure you make it back in here for tomorrow and beyond.
pimp.gif

the scariest part of durant is the 3 pt %, he's only shooting .316 for the season, compared to .422 that he hit last year. he starts hitting like thatagain, whoooooo, i mean he is already that dude. its only gonna get worse for the thunder's opponents.

Arenas probe centers on locker-room standoff

An NBA investigation into Washington Wizards star Gilbert Arenas'(notes) possession of guns inside the team's locker room has been linked to a confrontation with teammate Javaris Crittenton(notes), multiple sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The league's ongoing probe hopes to determine whether Arenas had accessed any of his unloaded firearms while engaged in the dispute prior to a team practice at the Verizon Center on Dec. 21 in Washington. Tensions between Arenas and Crittenton escalated because of a festering disagreement between the two players, sources said.

Arenas told reporters on Tuesday the District of Columbia police also are investigating the circumstances under which he brought the guns to the arena. The D.C. police issued a statement on Wednesday saying they were assisting the U.S. Attorney's Office in a joint investigation into "an allegation that weapons were located inside a locker room at the Verizon Center." The statement did not name any individuals.

The district has stringent gun laws that prohibit the carrying of weapons, openly or concealed.

The NBA is expected to wait to see if the law enforcement agencies file charges before the league acts. NBA security has been working with the Wizards to investigate the matter. Team officials had immediately reported the incident to the league office, and have been cooperating with law enforcement authorities.

Several league sources believe NBA commissioner David Stern ultimately will mete out stiff penalties in the matter. Both Arenas and Crittenton could be subject to suspensions and fines.

After CBSSports.com broke the story of the league's investigation into Arenas' gun possession on Dec. 24, the Wizards issued a statement saying Arenas had stored three unloaded firearms in a locked box inside his Verizon Center locker. Arenas has said he removed the guns from his home to keep them away from his three young children.

When asked by reporters Tuesday night whether he had showed his weapons to anyone in the locker room, Arenas said, "Yes, I showed them to someone. I showed them to team security when I handed them to them and said give them to the police. Yes, I took them out of this locker room. I had to take them out to get them out of here to give to security."

Arenas said the investigation began two weeks ago. "They just wanted to know where I got [the guns] from," he said, "and make sure they're not dirty guns."

Arenas, who turns 28 next week, is a three-time All-Star and is in the second season of a six-year, $111 million contract with the Wizards.

Crittenton, who turned 23 Thursday, hasn't played this season for the Wizards, rehabbing from preseason foot surgery. He was the 19th pick in the 2007 NBA draft out of Georgia Tech and played for the Los Angeles Lakers and Memphis Grizzlies before being traded to Washington early last season.

This investigation has been yet another blow to what the Wizards had hoped would be a renaissance season. So far, disharmony has reigned in the Wizards' 10-20 start. The locker room has been marred with friction between Arenas and the coaching staff and players. Arenas had missed most of the past two seasons with injuries, and his return had raised expectations the Wizards would be strong playoff contenders in the Eastern Conference again.

The Wizards are active in trade talks with multiple teams, league sources said, and willing to trade any player on their roster.
Poor Javaris is going to get traded again
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Durant has been playing
eek.gif
lately.
out of his mind

Looks at post, then looks at sig...

Thunder...if they stay together, are going to be a PROB-----LEM!!!! quickly
laugh.gif
dumb
It was meant that Durant is playing out of his mind.
Im a big fan of KD35

So thinkin on it, Stern just made a HUGE mistake.

Cleveland plays in New Jersey tomorrow right? Their last game was on Bron's birthday right?

WHY didn't Stern have the Cavs play in New York on Bron's birthday, so his birthday party coulda been done right in NYC, then have the Cavs out in theNew York over New Years so Lebron could see the full impact of what the city has to offer him?
nerd.gif

Bron birthday parties in New York >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bron birthday parties with Belle in Cleveland. Justsayin.

Stern forgot to ice the envelope on this one.
tired.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

[h3]Del Negro wants to move forward[/h3]
10:49AM ET

[h5]Vinny Del Negro | Bulls[/h5]
Top Email

Bulls head coach Vinny Del Negro declined to answer questions about his job security yesterday and whether he deserves to finish his three-year contract.

"It's easy for me to make that decision, but it's not mine," Del Negro told the Chicago Tribune. "I have a lot of confidence not only in myself, but I think my staff has done a tremendous job. They're very experienced and have been around. I'm going to keep on making sure we're prepared. Get these young guys continually developing and try to move in the right direction."

"It's been beat up so much, I just really want to focus in on the game and what my job is with this team," Del Negro told the Chicago Sun-Times. "I think all that stuff will play itself out. I think we just have to try to move forward a little bit and see what direction things go."

http:// [h3]Guns drawn over gambling debt[/h3]
9:36AM ET

[h5]Gilbert Arenas | Wizards[/h5]
Top Email

Last week news broke that Gilbert Arenas was being investigated by the D.C. police after it was learned that Arenas brought his guns to the Verizon Center.

The New York Post is reporting Arenas and teammate drew guns over a gambling debt.

From today's newspaper: "NBA all-star Gilbert Arenas and his teammate Javaris Crittenton drew guns on each other in the team's locker room during a Christmas Eve dispute over a gambling debt, The Post has learned. League sources say the pistol-packing point guards had heaters at the ready inside the Verizon Center, the Washington, DC, home of the Wizards -- whose name was changed from the Bullets over gun violence concerns. It was the three- time all-star Arenas, 27, who went for his gun first, sources said, drawing on the 22-year-old Crittenton, who quickly brandished a firearm as well."

http:// [h3]Technical problems?[/h3]
9:11AM ET

[h5]Kendrick Perkins | Celtics[/h5]
Top Email

Kendrick Perkins picked up his 10th technical of the season in Wednesday's loss to Phoenix. He was scheduled to speak with NBA president of basketball operations Stu Jackson yesterday in an attempt to have his previous two technicals rescinded.

He insists he is under control.

"I didn't do nothing," Perkins told The Boston Globe. "It's nothing I ain't never been in before. Refs and techs, I have been going through this the last three seasons."

Celtics head coach Doc Rivers knows he has a reputation, but says he's earned it.

"He does have a reputation," said Rivers. "But do you know how you get a reputation? You earn it. It's not like they just give you one. He may get reputation techs, but he made the bed; now he's going to have to make it up. He's going to have to do it all over again."

http:// [h3]Barnes to start for a while?[/h3]
8:57AM ET

[h5]Matt Barnes | Magic[/h5]
Top Email

Magic head coach Stan Van Gundy moved Mickael Pietrus to the bench and started Matt Barnes against the Bucks. The Orlando Sentinel reports Van Gundy will stick with that change for the foreseeable future.

The Magic are 6-2 with Barnes starting, and 18-4 with Pietrus in the lineup.

http:// [h3]Time to start Howard?[/h3]
8:40AM ET

[h5]Josh Howard | Mavericks[/h5]
Top Email

The Dallas Mavericks have a 8-3 record with Jose Juan Barea in the starting lineup, but Eddie Sefko of The Dallas Morning News wonders if it's time to switch to Josh Howard.

Sefko writes: "Is anybody else thinking it's time for this admittedly successful experiment to end? ... At some point, the group that the Mavericks envisioned -- with Howard, Shawn Marion and Jason Kidd starting -- will have to get a look. That time could be coming."

"For now, this is where we're at," head coach Rick Carlisle said. "Where things go from here ... at what point, I don't know for sure. With a team like ours, there are a lot of possibilities. But right now, we're trying to maintain our good health and get better and work with the situation as best we can."

http:// [h3]Beasley won't back down now[/h3]
8:39AM ET

[h5]Michael Beasley | Heat[/h5]
Top Email

Michael Beasley had a heated exchange with Quentin Richardson during the third quarter of Wednesday's loss to the New Orleans Hornets. Beasley says he has no regrets because he felt he didn't deserve to be called out by his veteran teammate.

"I'm not a rookie no more," Beasley told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. "I felt like I was where I was supposed to be."

Asked if he would have done that last season, Beasley smiled. "I would have shut up. He would have thought he was right."

"A couple of weeks ago, we had our little talk and I told 'em, 'I'm all for suggestions and I'm for guys trying to help, but when everybody is telling me different things, that's when things kind of get mixed up,' " Beasley said. "I told them I'd take their opinions, but I kind of only listen to Udonis Haslem."

http:// [h3]One more year for Adelman[/h3]
7:53AM ET

[h5]Rick Adelman | Rockets[/h5]
Top Email

The Houston Chronicle reports Rockets owner Leslie Alexander has decided to pick up the 2010-11 option on head coach Rick Adelman.

"I'm going to pick up his option," Alexander said. "We're going to do it soon, relatively soon. ... I think he's done a terrific job. He's taken a team that has lost two key starters and he melded the team and he's won. That's what we want here. He's very self-effacing. He only cares about the team and winning."

"I didn't know anything about that," Adelman said. "I figured it would play itself out and we'd see how we did. I said at the start of the year I thought we had two really good years with everything that went on. I was always concerned more about my assistant coaches and what their situation is because their contracts are up at the end of the year."

http:// [h3]Nothing going on with McGrady?[/h3]
7:44AM ET

[h5]Tracy McGrady | Rockets[/h5]
Top Email

From the Houston Chronicle:

"Don't hold your breath on anything Tracy McGrady trade related any time soon. The way it was put to me on Tuesday was that there is 'nothing going on, nothing to consider, nothing to discuss. Nothing. Nothing.' ... It's probably too early for teams to make moves based almost entirely on salary cap considerations. ... You can rule out helping the Knicks get LeBron James as a Rockets goal.

http:// [h3]Iguodala for T-Mac has a chance?[/h3]
7:35AM ET

[h5]Andre Iguodala | 76ers[/h5]
Top Email

The Houston Rockets may be unwilling to trade Tracy McGrady to the Philadelphia 76ers for a package that includes Samuel Dalembert or Elton Brand, but that's not the case with Andre Iguodala.

From The Philadelphia Inquirer:

"According to a source close to the situation, the Houston Rockets have said they would only consider shipping McGrady to Philadelphia if the 76ers "knocked the Rockets over" with the amount of young talent included in the deal. The source said that the teams have not spoken in "more than a week," but that a deal involving Iguodala "has a chance."

http:// [h3]Aldridge day-to-day[/h3]
7:15AM ET

[h5]LaMarcus Aldridge | Trail Blazers[/h5]
Top Email

Blazers forward LaMarcus Aldridge sprained his left ankle Wednesday against the Clippers. Blazers general manager Kevin Pritchard told The Columbian Aldridge is listed as day-to-day.

Aldridge's status will be re-evaluated by the team during Friday's practice.

http:// [h3]McMillan not comfortable with Miller?[/h3]
7:04AM ET

[h5]Andre Miller | Trail Blazers[/h5]
Top Email

Andre Miller starts, but doesn't play much in the fourth quarter of games. Miller says the head coach seems to be comfortable with other players.

"You can't really control that," Miller told The Oregonian. "I just have to go with what the coach's decision is. I know what I can do. Coach has a certain comfortability with the guys who are out there, so that's how I see it."

Blazers head coach Nate McMillan says he plays whoever can get the job done late in games and that is coming from Brandon Roy, Steve Blake and Jerryd Bayless.

"That has worked for us, meaning we've been able to score and defend," McMillan said. "I like whoever can finish. I don't want to be rolling the dice with players down the stretch. ... You want to be consistent with who is finishing the game, so that these guys build a rhythm, a chemistry (with) set-calling and plays (and they) become familiar with situations and hopefully become consistent with what they do."

http:// [h3]Short-term injury for Evans?[/h3]
6:39AM ET

[h5]Tyreke Evans | Kings[/h5]
Top Email

Kings rookie Tyreke Evans has a sprained right ankle and will miss tonight's game against the Lakers. Kings basketball president Geoff Petrie said he doesn't anticipate Evans' missing a lot of games.

"He's making a lot of progress and just being evaluated on a daily basis," Petrie told The Sacramento Bee. "It's not going to turn into a 10-day or two-week thing. There's nothing I'm aware of that's remarkable on his radiographic stuff."

http:// [h3]Protest filed[/h3]
6:18AM ET

[h5]Atlanta Hawks[/h5]
Top Email

The Hawks were still upset a day after a shot-clock malfunction caused them to rush a shot late in the fourth quarter of their loss to the Cavs.

"All I can say is a lot of mistakes were made," Hawks head coach Mike Woodson told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution Thursday.

The process of filing a protest with the NBA within the 48-hour deadline was finalized last night.

"It's been filed," Hawks part-owner Michael Gearon Jr. said Thursday night. "It becomes official [when it arrives in New York] tomorrow."

LOS ANGELES - If the 76ers want Houston Rockets forward Tracy McGrady and his expiring $23 million contract, it will take a package deal built around Sixers swingman Andre Iguodala.

According to a source close to the situation, the Houston Rockets have said they would only consider shipping McGrady to the Sixers if the Sixers "knocked the Rockets over" with the amount of young talent included in the deal.

The source said that the teams have not spoken in "more than a week," but that a deal involving Iguodala "has a chance."

- How does Tmac have that kinda value right now? i mean, even remotely close to landing that caliber of player? (even tho i think AI is overrated)

- But i guess the flip side is AI's contract is god awful and I would not be wanting to pay him 15 million a year down the road, so i could see the 76ersstance. but you never shoulda gave him that $ in the first place.

- lastly what are you doing with Igoudala and Ariza together? other than being a mediocre playoff team. and killing the thought of signging a max player soon?

Originally Posted by Al3xis

LOS ANGELES - If the 76ers want Houston Rockets forward Tracy McGrady and his expiring $23 million contract, it will take a package deal built around Sixers swingman Andre Iguodala.

According to a source close to the situation, the Houston Rockets have said they would only consider shipping McGrady to the Sixers if the Sixers "knocked the Rockets over" with the amount of young talent included in the deal.

The source said that the teams have not spoken in "more than a week," but that a deal involving Iguodala "has a chance."

roll.gif

T-Mac for Iggy?

A.I will finally get the help he's been dreaming for in his old 76ers playoff years. Can you imagine those two together in their prime?
laugh.gif

I hope it happens though. It does kinda make sense for the Rockets to want Iguodala (not his contract). He's another defensive player with an averageoffensive game.

The Rockets said keep calling us mediocre and watch end up making it to the West Finals this season.
laugh.gif

It makes no sense to me for them to go after Iguodala. They'd be better off going for a trade around Dalembert or Brand. What does AI2 do for Houston?

Originally Posted by Proshares

It makes no sense to me for them to go after Iguodala. They'd be better off going for a trade around Dalembert or Brand. What does AI2 do for Houston?
They like perimeter players that can play defense. That's the only thing I can think of.

They probably don't want to go after Brand due to his injury history and Philly probably doesn't want to part ways with Dalembert since he's theironly big in their so-called "run and gun" starting five.

I honestly don't know what Houston is trying to do.

Tmac for iggy? That is a god damn steal for Houston

Iggy is better then Shane and ariza can't hit the ocean right now. Move shane to the bench and start iggy

How is iggy a avg offense player tho?

I honestly don't know what Houston is trying to do.
Or Philly. that's a lose, lose if i ever saw one.
laugh.gif

Tmac for iggy? That is a god damn steal for Houston
hasn't everyone been sayin these FA's coming up will be lookin at Houston? why jeopardize it with a borderline all star that'soverpaid.

That Houston GM got the same thing Pritchard got, askin for the damn moon for his scrubs.
smh.gif

That's damn near insulting to the Philly GM askin for a deal like that.

Back
Top Bottom