Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

im a Laker fan and i know our bench sucks...get rid of farmar and sasha...trade everyone but mbenga
pimp.gif

Our bench is a problem, there is NO question about that. But is it going to kill us in the postseason? I don't see it.

Phil always shortens the rotations, and he'll play the hot hands. At worst, these dudes on the bench have done it now bein in the finals back to backseasons, there isn't anything that should faze them. Think of Farmar last year in the game Fish got suspended. He played good in that game, even thoughhe sucked for 4 months prior.

Odom and Brown off the bench with our 5 starters gives us 7 guys that can play, you add one other guy to play 10-12 minutes a night, there's your playoffrotation.

But, I suspect maybe the front office gets upset, hears all us Laker fans going nuts, maybe they try to move our 2 expirings for some depth. We'll see.

I'm more worried about Bynum then I am the bench. Dude been asleep since Pau got back, I have a bad feeling about that.

i dont like Luke walton and have no problem calling him a bum, but he is a prefect fit for the lakers in that system coming off the bench.

he should help when he comes back.

i mean come playoff time you know only like 2-3 people will be getting PT off the bench

plus i haven't seen that bench cost the lakers a game this year

jackson is doing it right play those guys now and see if anyone find a groove for later on in the season

thats true, but what if bynum gets injured again? (god forbid, for the sake of laker fans making more excuses)

Your lineup becomes Fisher-Bryant-Artest-Odom-Pau.
whose on the bench now? DJ?
laugh.gif

I mean farmar has the talent to be a great backup point. he never has his head on straight though.

I mean, its whatever. Mitch is somehow going to find a way to move Jordan+Sasha for Bron
laugh.gif

you cant start with the whate if's since you can do that for everyteam in the NBA

But, I suspect maybe the front office gets upset, hears all us Laker fans going nuts, maybe they try to move our 2 expirings for some depth. We'll see
NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

did you laker fans not hear your front office all offseason pretty much saying the team you started the year with would be the one you end with? buss dont wantto pay anymore $$$ on the tax. so unless you get a cheap contract no trade will happen

I mean farmar has the talent to be a great backup point. he never has his head on straight though.
he has to get away from his hometown, he will never be a star but he is better then how he is playing now.

i tell you what tho i would have more faith in Farmar turning it around then that BUM sasha

Well, if anyone gets injured on a lot of teams then it's a wrap. So I mean, can't worry about that til we deal with it.

Why does everyone expect the Lakers to have a 12 deep team anyways?
laugh.gif
@#$%. Our starting five and sixth man aren't enough? Isn't this the exact same team that won it all last year, with the Artest and Ariza switch theonly change? Was this same bench a huge issue 6 months ago?
ohwell.gif

It is what it is. It's very very very simple, if we had won on Christmas, people would be done watching the NBA til June, but since we lost, all of asudden we are in trouble, our bench is weak, we're not beating good teams, we only play at home, etc etc etc. I look at the standings, best record in theNBA, toughest field goal percentage against in the league, 2 of the top 10 players in the game, and still have room to improve. I mean, this is a problem?
laugh.gif

on the heels of Del Negro getting the axe..

- Why has it become acceptable to hire coaches that have ZERO coaching experience? could you imagine if an NFL team hired Troy Aikman to be a head coach causehe's done some TV work and sounds smart? (i realize del negro had a front office gig before, but this also applies to other guys)

- Why are NBA coaches the most disposable in a league that is dominated by the haves and have nots in regards to star players?

I'm not saying Del Negro is a good coach, but these front offices and presidents need to start looking in the mirror as to why things go wrong.

Allen, dead serious, I think they are trying to re-create Pat Riley. Dude got pulled from the broadcast booth and went on to become who he is now, I swear Ithink that's what they are all hoping for.

Maybe Reggie Miller will be coaching the Pacers someday.
laugh.gif

I can barely take that fool seriously when he's commentating, imagine that bozo trying to coach?

That's the perfect team for him though
nerd.gif

Pacers need a new coach.

I can probably do a better job that that fool
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I mean CP you make a good point, but for some reason, i see the Lakers bench causing them to lose.
Hopefully Puke can get healthy, and machine can start making some shots.

[table][tr][td]1.[/td] [td] [/td] [td]N41D[/td] [td]7273.10[/td] [td]147.15[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2.[/td] [td] [/td] [td]CP1708[/td] [td]6955.70[/td] [td]61.35[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.[/td] [td] [/td] [td]M.E.M.P.H.I.S.[/td] [td]6718.90[/td] [td]42.70[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.[/td] [td] [/td] [td]RetroBallin[/td] [td]6335.75[/td] [td]59.60[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.[/td] [td] [/td] [td]OrangeSodaOrangutans[/td] [td]6178.85[/td] [td]80.45[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6.[/td] [td] [/td] [td]TeamOKB[/td] [td]5965.10[/td] [td]60.50[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7.[/td] [td] [/td] [td]TEAM NAS[/td] [td]5838.65[/td] [td]60.50[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8.[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Paul Is On Tilt[/td] [td]5622.90[/td] [td]51.40[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9.[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Proshares[/td] [td]5443.55[/td] [td]105.25[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10.[/td] [td] [/td] [td]h3at23[/td] [td]4708.65[/td] [td]89.75[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11.[/td] [td] [/td] [td]bigmike23[/td] [td]4451.85[/td] [td]89.80[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][/table]
One half of the Mock draft standings, Ima catch Dirk in a couple weeks or so.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

on the heels of Del Negro getting the axe..

- Why has it become acceptable to hire coaches that have ZERO coaching experience? could you imagine if an NFL team hired Troy Aikman to be a head coach cause he's done some TV work and sounds smart? (i realize del negro had a front office gig before, but this also applies to other guys)

- Why are NBA coaches the most disposable in a league that is dominated by the haves and have nots in regards to star players?

I'm not saying Del Negro is a good coach, but these front offices and presidents need to start looking in the mirror as to why things go wrong.

I have to agree in a way. But, you do have your coaches that come in and do a very fine job. The success rate of that happening is probably around 20% thoughwhen looking at how many new coaches have came into the league.

Coming in with over a quarter of the season gone won't make it better. The easy route is to just fire the coach, but I would much rather the coach play theseason out and hire a new coach during the off-season especially if your team is lottery bound anyway.

Originally Posted by CP1708

[table][tr][td]1.[/td] [td][/td] [td]N41D[/td] [td]7273.10[/td] [td]147.15[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2.[/td] [td][/td] [td]CP1708[/td] [td]6955.70[/td] [td]61.35[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.[/td] [td][/td] [td]M.E.M.P.H.I.S.[/td] [td]6718.90[/td] [td]42.70[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.[/td] [td][/td] [td]RetroBallin[/td] [td]6335.75[/td] [td]59.60[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.[/td] [td][/td] [td]OrangeSodaOrangutans[/td] [td]6178.85[/td] [td]80.45[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6.[/td] [td][/td] [td]TeamOKB[/td] [td]5965.10[/td] [td]60.50[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7.[/td] [td][/td] [td]TEAM NAS[/td] [td]5838.65[/td] [td]60.50[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8.[/td] [td][/td] [td]Paul Is On Tilt[/td] [td]5622.90[/td] [td]51.40[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9.[/td] [td][/td] [td]Proshares[/td] [td]5443.55[/td] [td]105.25[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10.[/td] [td][/td] [td]h3at23[/td] [td]4708.65[/td] [td]89.75[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11.[/td] [td][/td] [td]bigmike23[/td] [td]4451.85[/td] [td]89.80[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][/table]
pimp.gif

Damn, I forgot all about it.

Top 3
pimp.gif

[table][tr][td]1.[/td] [td][/td] [td]N41D[/td] [td]7273.10[/td] [td]147.15[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2.[/td] [td][/td] [td]CP1708[/td] [td]6955.70[/td] [td]61.35[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.[/td] [td][/td] [td]M.E.M.P.H.I.S.[/td] [td]6718.90[/td] [td]42.70[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.[/td] [td][/td] [td]RetroBallin[/td] [td]6335.75[/td] [td]59.60[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.[/td] [td][/td] [td]OrangeSodaOrangutans[/td] [td]6178.85[/td] [td]80.45[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6.[/td] [td][/td] [td]TeamOKB[/td] [td]5965.10[/td] [td]60.50[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7.[/td] [td][/td] [td]TEAM NAS[/td] [td]5838.65[/td] [td]60.50[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8.[/td] [td][/td] [td]Paul Is On Tilt[/td] [td]5622.90[/td] [td]51.40[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9.[/td] [td][/td] [td]Proshares[/td] [td]5443.55[/td] [td]105.25[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10.[/td] [td][/td] [td]h3at23[/td] [td]4708.65[/td] [td]89.75[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11.[/td] [td][/td] [td]bigmike23[/td] [td]4451.85[/td] [td]89.80[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][/table]
pimp.gif

I'm slowly working my way back up. Was in last place for a while. Luther Head getting PT, Lopez and Gray back from injury, Gallo and Rondo putting upsolid points. Can we still drop and add though? DJ White got sent down
nerd.gif

^
The first mock was too big to handle something like this, and this was really last second, Dirk came up with the idea right before the season started, we ranwith it. Maybe next offseason we can look at a bunch of other options, but then again I expect the next offseason thread to be a 1000 plus pages.
laugh.gif

I'm off of school for a few weeks was thinking about popping all 32 teams into 2k and running a simulation when I'm not at work. See how that goes.

^someone was supposed to do that? all i remember was that he was a spurs fan.

never got the results. looking back at it, my team sucks +*%
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

the offseason thread is going to be at least 100+pages of cav "fans" talking about how they want to commit suicide
laugh.gif

Well, I really hope it doesn't come down to this, but here's a part from a chat with Sheridan.

[h6]Josh (boston )[/h6]

Why haven't the Lakers gone after Jerry Stackhouse? Their bench is terrible this year, he couldn't play any worse than Vujacic.
[h6]Chris Sheridan[/h6]
[h6] (3:48 PM)[/h6]

Jerry is wondering that very same thing. If you have satellite radio, you can hear Jerry speak on that issue himself. (He has a Monday night show on Mad Dog Radio). Last week Jerry trashed D'Antoni, so you can at least count on not having to worry about the Knicks signing him before the Lakers make up their minds about whether they want him. For what it is worth, Jerry told me he and Kobe have a very good relationship.

laugh.gif
Whatever. I don't think he has anything at all leftin the tank, but if they wanna give him a shot, go on ahead. He's gotta be better then Adam Morrison.

Del Negro: Report on his fate untrue

Chicago Bulls
coach Vinny Del Negro said an ESPN.com report that a decision to fire him already has been made is "totally not accurate."

Citing sources with knowledge of the Bulls' thinking, Chris Broussard of ESPN The Magazine reported on Sunday night that a decision has been made and the Bulls are just waiting to find Del Negro's replacement.
The coach said he and Bulls management are on the same page, and Del Negro told reporters to ask vice president of basketball operations John Paxson or general manager Gar Forman about the situation. Forman declined to speak to reporters after practice Monday.

"It's just funny to me," Del Negro said. "There's really nothing to say. You have all these people that have rumors, and everyone has their sources. It's just not accurate.

"I don't have time to deal with rumors. I talk to Gar and Pax every day. They're at practice every day. It's just that you got to deal with those things. It's unfortunate. Everyone has their source. No one's sources so far have been very accurate. My focus is getting the team ready for [Tuesday's game] against Indiana."

Del Negro did say the rumors surrounding his job security are taking a toll on him.

"It's a little frustrating," he said, "because I know how hard the staff works and how prepared we are. But it comes down to wins and losses, and I'm not pleased where we're at with our [11-17] record. I think we've let a few slip away. But we've also dealt with a lot of things, but you can't use those as excuses.

"We have to go with the guys that are ready to go, and we need to play a little bit better. And do it more consistently. I can take that. But, all these sources, and all these people that come out just trying to fill space, that's going to happen. It's just part of the way people are ... I don't let it affect myself or the team. I focus on what I can control and that's our effort and our preparation. And our work today."

When asked if management is still behind him, Del Negro said: "Oh yeah. Absolutely. I talk to them every day.

"When you ask those questions, it's easy for me to say that, but go ask those guys. Go ask them. But I talk to them every day. We're focused on the team. I'm focused on getting better. I'm focused on Indiana. Those are questions for them to answer. But it's really a waste of time, because I know we're on the same page. It's just that people are going to jump on the bandwagon and all these sources and everything. When people are down they're going to jump on you. That's just the way it is."

Del Negro said he understands that in almost all cases coaches are hired to be fired.

"Yeah, it's part of the business," he said. "There's huge expectations. That's why I said from Day 1: managing expectations is the key in this business. Being on the same page with ownership and front-office [executives] and the team, everyone. Our expectations are we need to play a little bit better. But no one is harder on themselves or wants more for this team or organization than me.

"That's how I approach it. I can't control what everyone says. And all these rumors and all these things that are put out there that are just totally not accurate. And I go on what the people I work with and the people that make those decisions tell me. They've been supportive."

Poor guy's in denial.
laugh.gif

You cant expect him to say, "Yeah, they're just looking for a replacement for me but until then, im the coach. i wont be here for long, dontworry"

And Jerry's still in the league? wth?
roll.gif
roll.gif

Shuges, your thoughts on the TMac situation if you would????
nerd.gif

Would this be case #2 of a player that can play ball but teams won't "let" him kinda sorta AI like?

Are they merely trying to keep the momentum going they have of their little team that could, or are they just messin with TMac for some unknown reason?

Stackhouse? He's washed up.

Lakers might as well see what Spree has left in the tank.

Shuges, your thoughts on the TMac situation if you would????
nerd.gif

Would this be case #2 of a player that can play ball but teams won't "let" him kinda sorta AI like?

Are they merely trying to keep the momentum going they have of their little team that could, or are they just messin with TMac for some unknown reason?
I truly believe that the Rockets don't want to mess with team chemistry. T-Mac has been unreliable (injury-wise) for far too long for Adelmanto try to run the offense through him all of a sudden. That, I definitely agree with....

As far as whether he can still play... I honestly have more faith in Iverson being able to put up 20+ than I do T-mac right now. Tracy's jumper is lethalwhen it's on. But if he can't drive to the hole like before... if he has lost his explosiveness... then his shot will have to be ON.

AI on the other hand, may have lost a bit of quickness. But he's still as quick as a cat. He's also been a better free throw shooter than Mac +AI's shot isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

So yeah, I don't know what situation McGrady can blossom in. I'd like to see him go to a winner this year (Orl part duex? Bos? Phx?) where muchwouldn't be expected of him. And then if he shows he can still ball, sign with someone else next season (Knicks as the 6th man to LBJ?
laugh.gif
... Heat as the6th man to Wade and LBJ/Bosh?
nerd.gif
).

Back
Top Bottom