Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Iverson to start...
smh.gif

Yall really don't think Philly was gonna put in work on those ballots when AI showed up? Be serious...

Oh yeah...Steph Curry has been balling lately

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Will there ever be a change in the all-star voting?

why would there be tho?

the point of it is to have the fans see who they want to see

now most of the time fans dont get it right, but it is what is it

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ that tweet.

When will these dudes learn that twitter & celebrity don't mix well.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Will there ever be a change in the all-star voting?

why would there be tho?

the point of it is to have the fans see who they want to see

now most of the time fans dont get it right, but it is what is it
Let the fans keep voting, with these rules in place:

1. Voting starts on January 1st and runs for one month.
2. To even qualify for the ballot, you must have played in at least 80% of your team's games by that point.

How hard is that?

Hope all you guys had a great Christmas........just in case NT explodes in a few hours, wanted to make sure I gave everyone daps before then.
laugh.gif

NBA needs fire who ever put the clippers down for a xmas day game

This game probably sounded like a good idea when they thought they'd be getting a Griffin-Amare matchup. But yeah, this is garbage.

I'm sure the schedule makers would've given the Hawks a game today if they knew how good they'd be.

The 10 teams that should've been playing today:

Celtics
Lakers
Hawks
Magic
Nuggets
Cavs
Spurs
Mavs
Blazers
Suns

Heat, Knicks, Clippers...no thanks.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

I feel the same way about lakers and their lackluster performance today.
grin.gif

I'd still rather watch the lakers at their worst then the clippers at their best.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I shouldn't talk though, I'm a warriors fan.

smh.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

This game probably sounded like a good idea when they thought they'd be getting a Griffin-Amare matchup. But yeah, this is garbage.

I'm sure the schedule makers would've given the Hawks a game today if they knew how good they'd be.

Celtics
Lakers
Hawks
Magic
Nuggets
Cavs
Spurs
Mavs
Blazers
Suns

Mavs

laugh.gif

No one could predict how well most of the teams are playing.

the games today played were fine, although the knicks playing was indeed a questionable move. there is no "rivalry" anymore, although everytime theyplay, its always a good amount of effort from both sides.

Good to See the Cavs Beat the lakers (Even without Lebron showing up with his A-game)
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Mo
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

And I went to the knicks game today, It was exciting, too bad they lost, but it was fun to see Wade and Danillo and Lee put in work
pimp.gif

I enjoyed my Christmas
happy.gif

Allen, neither one of them shot worth a damn today, but I still didn't see a shot from Bron where I KNOW he's shot it a buncha times. I liked thepull back 3 he hit off the curl when Artest overplayed, but does he shoot that over and over? And I was impressed by the hook he hit in the paint over Ron,but no way he's shot that shot a billion times in practice, that's a reaction shot. So I dunno.

Kobe was certainly dreadful, but he started out hittin I think his first 3 jumpers, and then no more for quite a while.
sick.gif
f

So I'll keep followin it, and if I see a change, I'll come in here and post it.

We stunk today. No doubt. Gotta play better then that, but I still say, even after a loss, the Cavs IMO are not a title contender. Just the way I see theEast shapin up. Hate me for it, but that's been my opinion since the summer offseason thread.

HUGE win for Boston without Paul. D12 was horrible. Did he improve at all in the offseason on offense?

Suns with a bye on Christmas.
laugh.gif

Why do teams like to double down on Dwight Howard like he's capable of putting up 40 points?

I didn't watch all of the BOS-ORL game, but for the most part I didn't see Boston double him that much. When will teams realize that once you doublehim, it leads to open outside shots?

Tracy McGrady says he's ready to see more action for the Houston Rockets.

The Rockets decided he won't see any action for at least two games.

Three days after McGrady said he wanted to increase his playing time, the Houston Chronicle reported Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said the team would rest McGrady during this weekend's games and would consider changes to the rotation once it returned to Houston early next week.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=532

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=532
532.jpg

McGrady

"I'm a player, man," McGrady said in the Chronicle. "I don't make these decisions. I just abide by whatever they bring to me. That's the plan. I'm not going to argue and fight with them -- just run with it. I felt it was time [to increase the routine of playing seven to eight first-half minutes].

"I'm not going to cause any confusion or confrontations. As a player, that's what I felt. They obviously feel different. That's what I have to roll with."

McGrady has played a very limited schedule after returning from microfracture surgery on his knee midway through last season. The Rockets have held him to the same pattern of playing time since he returned to action on Dec. 15 against the Detroit Pistons.

According to The Chronicle, Morey said the decision to bench McGrady was temporary, based partly on the player's dissatisfaction with how he was currently being used.

"Where we go next deserves a lot of discussions and talking to Tracy, and figuring out what the best next step is," Morey said to The Chronicle. "Tracy didn't feel like this is working in terms of working him back in. We want to develop the best next step. We'll figure out what's next when we get back to Houston."

Morey said neither McGrady nor his representatives have asked for a trade, and McGrady said no one had asked for his playing time to increase. He voiced his displeasure with his schedule in response to questions after the game in Orlando on Wednesday

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Goldmember

Originally Posted by JD617

Bigmike23 wrote:

Celtics

Lakers

Hawks

Magic

Nuggets

Cavs

Spurs

Mavs

Blazers

Suns

Mavs

laugh.gif

you acting like they are bad..

Why do teams like to double down on Dwight Howard like he's capable of putting up 40 points?

I didn't watch all of the BOS-ORL game, but for the most part I didn't see Boston double him that much. When will teams realize that once you double him, it leads to open outside shots?
They really don't have to, Perkins is probably the best defender in the league against Dwight.

Dwight can push around weaker centers in the league, so better to double down and make him kick it out, and hope the Magic 3 point shooters don't hit.

Back
Top Bottom