Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

melo is obviously better right now but give durant a couple of years...dude will be top 2 for sure

I dont see how Melo right now today is a better basketball player than KD

melo is obviously better right now but give durant a couple of years...dude will be top 2 for sure
couple years?
roll.gif

next year Durant will be called a way better player than Melo.

Sucks for the Bulls:
[h2]
[h2]Bulls' Noah to sit three weeks[/h2]
By Nick Friedell
ESPNChicago.com
Archive

The Chicago Bulls' Joakim Noah will miss three weeks as he recovers from plantar fasciitis in his left foot.

"It's a very difficult injury," Bulls coach Vinny Del Negro said on Wednesday. "It's very difficult to treat. He might rest for three weeks, he might rest for two months and come back and it's still bothering him. Rest will help usually, no question. But he's got to come back, fight through the pain.

"We'll give him a few weeks and hopefully he reacts better to that sooner. But that's the plan right now."

[h4]ESPNChicago.com Bulls blog[/h4]
The latest news from Bulls reporter Nick Friedell. Blog

Noah, the Bulls' leading rebounder, has not played in the Bulls' past two games. On Friday, he played 27 minutes, the most since Feb. 3, against the Portland Trail Blazers but has missed the next two games.

Noah, in his third season, averages 10.7 points and 11.4 rebounds a game.

"I don't know if you do replace him," Del Negro said. "He's the second-leading rebounder in the whole NBA. And brings a lot of energy, a great spirit to the game for us. Gets us up possessions. Gets us out on the break. His offense has been developing all year and his development overall has been [good].

"It's a big loss, but other guys have to step up, and we're going to have to manage it. This biggest concern is rebounding the basketball. When we play bigger front lines, not having his length back there is an issue. Like I said, other guys have to step up and play well. And other guys have to pick their performance up until he gets back."

Derrick Rose, Luol Deng and Brad Miller did not practice on Wednesday.

Nick Friedell covers the Bulls for ESPNChicago.com.
[/h2]

Originally Posted by CP1708

Wow, Hollinger just burst a few Mavs bubbles that were building. 
laugh.gif

And where's Osh?  Dude told me that Ron Artest was some force in the statistical department, but he's 28th at his own position in Hollingers made up stats.  So uh.....? 
Aren't you the ring leader of the "John Hollinger is an idiot" bandwagon? He's either an idiot and his stuff is irrelevant or it's not.

I'm not overly concerned about his crap on the Mavericks... They may not be the Lakers (and I'm very comfortable with that assumption) but his stuff suggests they're not in Denver and Utah's league either, which I think is nonsense... I don't care what the Mavericks resume as a whole says... What they are after the trade has nothing to do with what they were before. It's an entirely different team, and one playing without Erick Dampier and without Caron for a quarter of the games they've played... So they're beaten 7 playoff contenders in this stretch, but we're gonna poopoo it because they've done so by winning close games and playing better than said playoff contenders down the stretch of games?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by yungmatt

I'm too lazy to find my post but I think it was in this thread at the beginning but I said Durant was better than Melo before the season started and people were all up in arms.
laugh.gif

CP....you are taking Hollinger serious now? HMMMM
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Wow, Hollinger just burst a few Mavs bubbles that were building. 
laugh.gif

And where's Osh?  Dude told me that Ron Artest was some force in the statistical department, but he's 28th at his own position in Hollingers made up stats.  So uh.....? 
Aren't you the ring leader of the "John Hollinger is an idiot" bandwagon? He's either an idiot and his stuff is irrelevant or it's not.

I'm not overly concerned about his crap on the Mavericks... They may not be the Lakers (and I'm very comfortable with that assumption) but his stuff suggests they're not in Denver and Utah's league either, which I think is nonsense... I don't care what the Mavericks resume as a whole says... What they are after the trade has nothing to do with what they were before. It's an entirely different team, and one playing without Erick Dampier and without Caron for a quarter of the games they've played... So they're beaten 7 playoff contenders in this stretch, but we're gonna poopoo it because they've done so by winning close games and playing better than said playoff contenders down the stretch of games?
eyes.gif

Absolutely get driven mad by Hollinger.  Dude is a blowhard.  Read that thing, and every point he makes, or tries to make goes back to his "formula" or his ratings, or his this or that. 
"if you take out this game, they go from 12th to 11th in my made up ratings, wow, I have my own ratings, look at meeeeee!!!!" 
smh.gif

I remember after the Christmas game, Cleveland was #1 in his ratings, they go INTO LA, beat us, and the next day, LA was #1 in his rankings, Cleveland #2. 
roll.gif
 No idea why that happened, but it was funny as hell to me. 

But um, I was told I can't summarily dismiss his writing, cuz that makes me stupid or something like that.  I'm sure they'll be in here to agree with him and say how smart he is shortly. 

Is there anywhere I can find first and second half (game, not season) team splits, preferably of the defensive variety?
Absolutely get driven mad by Hollinger.  Dude is a blowhard.  Read thatthing, and every point he makes, or tries to make goes back to his"formula" or his ratings, or his this or that. 
"if you take out this game, they go from 12th to 11th in my made up ratings, wow, I have my own ratings, look at meeeeee!!!!" 
smh.gif

How many times can you possibly post the same !+%*? We get it.

Lol, calm down, they asked, I replied, that's all. 

And I was makin a joke about you showing up moments after I mention him.  No big. 

And i checked 82 games, and reference and I see no mention of splits on halves.  Zip. 

KD vs. Melo is apples and oranges at this point...Durant is obviously going to surpass him long-term but at this point it's a wash.

You're so adamant about patting yourself on the back because John Hollinger did a general comparison and had Durant ahead?

It may not even be true now, but it certainly wasn't before this season.

But um, I was told I can't summarily dismiss his writing, cuz that makes me stupid or something like that.  I'm sure they'll be in here to agree with him and say how smart he is shortly.  
I'm with you... For the most part, I think he's full of it... Some of his stuff is helpful if you take it for what it is, but that's about the extent of it...

He thought before the season that Marcin Gortat made the Mavericks a legitimate contender, but now Caron Butler and Brendan Haywood don't? Nothing we saw before the trade, IMO, should have changed anybody's opinion that drastically on what this team was...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I'm with you... For the most part, I think he's full of it... Some of his stuff is helpful if you take it for what it is, but that's about the extent of it...

He thought before the season that Marcin Gortat made the Mavericks a legitimate contender, but now Caron Butler and Brendan Haywood don't? Nothing we saw before the trade, IMO, should have changed anybody's opinion that drastically on what this team was...

My issue with the dude is instead of saying "hey my +#*@@%% formulas might not tell me everything" dude tries to justify it some how. Like just take your L and give it up.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

You're so adamant about patting yourself on the back because John Hollinger did a general comparison and had Durant ahead?

It may not even be true now, but it certainly wasn't before this season.

Kevin Durant has been better than Carmelo Anthony for the last two seasons.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

once durant bulks up and get that inside game going a little bit more then he'll definitely be way better IMO  

Hate watching a players full talent not be maximized and it's becoming evident (as was always presumed) Mike Brown has done that on offense with LeBron.

Not to say it's much of a difference, but there was a little higher ceiling there.

Small ball, open court with Lebron = even more greatness.

Fool had 10 points and 8 assists in the first 10 minutes.

Lou Will had a 10/10 night going until he threw up a 3/4 court heave to end the 3rd.

C'mon Lou, think about your stats...

He always comes back to ATL and kills tho...

Late pass, but I just noticed Charlie V and Ben Gordon comes off the bench?
laugh.gif
@ breaking the bank for these dudes and they don't even start

Back
Top Bottom