Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Kevin is undersized anyway you look at him
with the way he is rebounding you still want to bring this up? he put that crap to rest already
He's a phenomenal rebounder, but he's still undersized, there's no doubting that.

When faced with a long PF, it's an issue.

capt.f9eb954efd8d43149e066e682b09732c.bucks_nets_basketball_era101.jpg

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

On an unrelated note, Mo Pete is on steroids right now.
Whys that? is he lookin like Brandon Lloyd...

Loppez might not be one now, but he'll be one in the future.

and Lopez being a true center helps him, a lot.

Like i said, Love is a better rebounder for his size, but hes not going to hold his ground against bigger guys.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

with the way he is rebounding you still want to bring this up? he put that crap to rest already
He's a phenomenal rebounder, but he's still undersized, there's no doubting that.

his season high in boards this year is 19 and it has come twice VS the lakers and ATL, long PF/C dont give him a problem at all

Collison has about 10 turnovers, but he's showing his !+* in the fourth quarter.
pimp.gif

8:41 75-78Darren Collison makes 14-foot jumper
8:22Eddie House misses 22-foot jumper75-78 
8:21 75-78James Posey defensive rebound
8:06 75-78David West misses 17-foot jumper
8:03Eddie House defensive rebound75-78 
7:43Brian Scalabrine misses 17-foot jumper75-78 
7:41 75-78James Posey defensive rebound
7:22 75-80Darren Collison makes driving layup
7:22Rasheed Wallace shooting foul (Darren Collison draws the foul)75-80 
7:22Paul Pierce enters the game for Brian Scalabrine75-80 
7:22 75-81Darren Collison makes free throw 1 of 1
7:05Rasheed Wallace makes 26-foot three point jumper (Paul Pierce assists)78-81 
6:35 78-83Darren Collison makes 19-foot jumper
6:16Rasheed Wallace misses 24-foot three point jumper78-83 
6:15 78-83Peja Stojakovic defensive rebound
6:01 78-85Darren Collison makes driving layup

his season high in boards this year is 19 and it has come twice VS the lakers and ATL, long PF/C dont give him a problem at all

Yea.  Any specific dudes or games you have in mind when you said that JA?  Just curious.

Flipping back and forth between Celtics/Hornets and Duke/UNC, I can't figure out which is supposed to be the NBA game. Both games just look like a bunch of hacks...

He can rebound, yeah that's fine, I understand that.

But how does he do offensively against teams that are long?

Lakers? 3/14. 5/17. 3/7. 5/8. 1/5.

Give me a break.

I'll give the fact that he's a better rebounder, that's fine, he's one of the most efficient at what he does rebounding the ball..

I'd rather have a more complete player.

Love has a more versatile offensive game, but he can be off at times, while Brook is more polished around the basket, and scores more efficiently. Be real, Brook is the only real threat to that team. Devin Harris has been terrible this year, and has been out a good portion of the year. At least in Minny they got some players that play hard, that can be a diversion while Love can get off. Brook is the only bulletin board guy that other teams have to work on.

Against a team like the Lakers full of long, athletic players..

Brook- 19 ppg, 11 rpg. 49% shooting.
Kevin- 10.4 ppg. 12.4 rpg. 33% shooting.

My argument against Love being better than Brook is that Brook is more well-rounded, and he can hold his own against any player in the L.

Talk about top five bigs in the L? Name me that many that are better than Brook Lopez.

Brook can score night-in and night-out with fewer hick-ups, he won't rebound as much, but he'll be MUCH better defensively. It's so hard to find what Brook Lopez can do in the League these days. I think Brook is that much better than Love defensively, as Love is better as a rebounder.

Although not as clear, Kevin Love has had some struggles against Denver, but he's also had a few very good games.

When it comes down to it, you're choosing between a forwards who's a very good rebounder, who has some versatility with his offensive game, but could have some issues with longer teams. OR, you can have the perfect prototypical Center which are very rare to find.

And I really like Kevin Love, it's no knock on him, but finding a big man like Brook?

It's VERY rare.

Not that this is an end all be all, but if New Jersey offered Minnesota a swap of Lopez for Love, wouldn't Minnesota pause and think about it? And vice versa, wouldn't Jersey hang up their side of the phone immediately if Minnesota brought up the same swap?

The Celtics are lucky that most of the East sucks or they wouldn't even get past the first round.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Not that this is an end all be all, but if New Jersey offered Minnesota a swap of Lopez for Love, wouldn't Minnesota pause and think about it? And vice versa, wouldn't Jersey hang up their side of the phone immediately if Minnesota brought up the same swap?

agree

and why is ryan hollins starting over love? and who is calling that shots with the Twolves why Hollins is starting over love?

That's what I was trying to get to. If you have a player you want to build around, that's how I determine a players value.

If you ask any GM who you'd want, I'm pretty positive all of them would take Brook.

but you dont build around lopez

he is proably 20 and 10 and its peak but he is a number 2

he will never be someone that puts a team on his back

but you dont build around lopez

he is proably 20 and 10 and its peak but he is a number 2

he will never be someone that puts a team on his back
Maybe I worded it wrong, but neither will Kevin Love.

Which player would you rather have around a Kobe, a LeBron, a Wade?

Originally Posted by CP1708

In other news,
sick.gif
@ the Lakers stopping the Jazz 9 game winning streak..

..WITHOUT Kobe or Bynum.

wink.gif

Stop leechin'.

I get enough of your crap in the morning.

I can't stand having to hear from you at night too.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Which player would you rather have around a Kobe, a LeBron, a Wade?
Please don't.

Bill Simmons wrote:
Celtics midseason scouting report: Old, sloppy, poorly coached, chemistry-less, uncaring, as fun to watch as a colonoscopy.
Basically. I've had it with this team right now.

Not that this is an end all be all, but if New Jersey offered Minnesotaa swap of Lopez for Love, wouldn't Minnesota pause and think about it?And vice versa, wouldn't Jersey hang up their side of the phoneimmediately if Minnesota brought up the same swap?
The reason I would consider that is because Brook Lopez fills a major hole we have at center. I mean %$*%, that's been a hole we've had since the inauguration season in 1989.

The Jefferson/Love "tandem" is going to wind to an end at some point here, and I believe if we can get young, talented center who is already showing signs of putting up 20 and 10 on a consistent basis, I would take him in a swap for Love OR Jefferson. However, that is only because we would still be able to hang on to either Love or Jefferson. It's a surplus thing...

I don't think anyone is really saying that they'd take Kevin Love over Brook Lopez for the rest of their careers without a second thought, but Love IS producing better than Lopez right now.

Back
Top Bottom