Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

indifferent.gif

My bad.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ what this turned into when I was (jokingly) taking a shot at
3668_osh_kosh_b____gosh_outlet_sunris_img.gif

How has nobody mentioned this man if we are talking strictly athleticism?

nate-robinson-green-shoes-nike-foamposite-light.jpg

It wasn't just BJ and Russy though.  He said nobody is more athletic than BJ not named Derrick Rose, and you can't argue it.

*shrugs*

Overrated: Monta Ellis

Ellis is almost the perfect prototype of an overrated player: He's a low-efficiency player who plays a lot of minutes on a fast-paced team, so he ends up with gaudy per-game averages even though he's not advancing his team's cause much.

For starters, take the air out of his Golden State-generated stats and you're dealing with a much less impressive résumé. Ellis averages 26.2 points per game, which ranks sixth in the league and at first glance seems very impressive. But once you adjust for his league-leading 41.7 minutes per game and the hyper pace the Warriors play at, his scoring numbers look much more ordinary. On a per-minute basis, he's not even the best scorer on his own team -- that would be Corey Maggette.

Moreover, if you look at pace-adjusted points per minute, Ellis isn't 6th ... or even 16th. He ranks a mere 18th, placing behind former teammates Jamal Crawford and Al Harrington, among others.

Meanwhile, his efficiency numbers are brutal. Ellis ranks in the bottom half of shooting guards in true shooting percentage, but what's worse is that he doesn't create offense for others. Among shooting guards who have played at least 1,000 minutes, only one -- Denver's J.R. Smith -- has a worse pure point rating than Ellis.

I point out Ellis' startlingly poor offensive efficiency because it's of more than merely academic interest. I'm still dreading he'll be chosen as an All-Star sub (if his own knee injury suffered Monday night isn't serious) since about half of the Western Conference team seems to be on the verge of pulling out of the game, and the lure of the scoring average may be too much for the commissioner to resist.

(That said, an equally awful choice would be Houston's Aaron Brooks, and I've heard as much momentum for picking him as for taking Ellis. Baron Davis is still miles better than both of them even while taking every third night off; he's the obvious choice here. Unfortunately, the league may be reluctant to take a second Clipper, meaning the botched Kaman pick will lead to an equally idiotic outcome in the backcourt.)

God damn people, how the @#$% do some of you back this blowhard?  Him and his @#$%^& made up numbers are ridiculous.  Monta gets inflated stats, great, he also plays 42 exhausting minutes every single solitary game meaning in the 4th quarter he is dead tired while others are all fresh and rested (none of this is his fault) and he's out there at least keeping his team in games, whereas captain jack stats praises the @#$% out of Steve Nash, who will win exactly the same thing as Monta this year, (absoultely nothing at all) for no @#$%^& reason. 
I mean, damn.  Steve Nash ain't tryna play 42 minutes a night at breakneck speeds, so why kill Monta for it?  And it's not like Monta isn't winning with a loaded friggin roster or anything.  Nash got worthless Stat, G Hill, and JRich all at his disposal and he barely gonna make it to get swept in the first round.  Then this douche bag hypes Baron Davis whom he himself admits plays once every 3 games???!!!! 
indifferent.gif
  @#$% outta here with this @#$%^&*(.  Dude don't even watch games, he reads the boxscores and writes a column. 
@#$%^  @#$  @#$% ^$#&^$ #$%

You mad about that DNP crack I just made? 
laugh.gif

I don't live in a damn village.  Oregon = hell, not village. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It's like a kid who can't getting mad when they see a word they don;t understand.
laugh.gif

on a side note hilariously enough NT is the only place empirical evidence makes your argument less credible, my bad I forgot, emoticons and all caps text are all the proof I need.

laugh.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
CHEA!

Boom. Roasted. 

Man, @#$% that.  Monta has played HOW MANY 48 MINUTE GAMES????  How many?  Nine, and he has a 53 on top of that for a total of 10.  He has 3 47, and then a few 46's on top of that.  The kid can't get off the court.   Vlad Radmonovic is his @#$%^ center sometimes.  How the @#$% do you hold that on Monta Osh?  How?  Why is this his God damn fault? 

But then this same idiot praises Baron Davis who plays every other game or so?  The hell is wrong with you stat people? 

WATCH THE GAMES. 

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

The http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=dalDallas Mavericks may make a trade before next week's trade deadline, however one player that won't be moved is rookie guard Rodrigue Beaubois.

"I'm not going to trade him," owner Mark Cuban told ESPNDallas.com last night.

"There's maybe one or two guys in the league that I would trade him for," Cuban conceded. "That's it. Other than that, he's pretty much untouchable."

What?

Gotta try to draft and develop a young player sooner or later, no? Getting Roddy where they did in the draft was a steal... He's a Rajon Rondo body-type with Tony Parker's speed... He shoots it better than both those guys already... He's a blur, he's explosive, he finishes well around the rim... The physical tools are great.

I don't buy that he's untouchable, but I do believe he won't be some throw-in to get a marginal deal done... If he's the piece needed to complete a blockbuster, sure... If he's a deal breaker for Kevin Martin or Andre Igoudala? No way.

Last night I'm watchin LA v SA.  The ENTIRE game, I'm getting frustrated with Pau.  He's fumbling passes, he's getting beat by Duncan, he's missing bunnies, just overall, off.  Just not the same guy from last year.  I whine about him the whole game in the thread, and then at the end, here are his stats. 21, 19, 8 and 5 blocks.  Ridiculous stat line. 
So did he have a great game as his stats say, or did he have just an ok game given the amount of shots he missed, minutes he played (46) and the passes he fumbled out of bounds or lost in traffic? 

If you just compute stats from your calculator (Hollinger) and not watch the game, you would have missed quite a bit.

And Osh, I used Gasol for a reason, as you say, I should be biased FOR Gasol, not against him.  (as I would be against somebody like Steve Nash or whoever) 

^ i agree, for those who did watch that game, it looked like pau was beasting for about a quarter then a little bit towards the end when the game was out of reach. He was looking like kwame out there in the first half.

You guys are a little clueless when it comes to stats. While OKB might read into a little to much, there is a reason Darryle Morrey, Sam Presti and the young guys are the best GM's...All these "useless stats" which you disregard CP, are what they kids create and devour to break down the game to a science, which increasingly can be done. I mean Morey employs a bunch of staticians who make up "useless stas right CP"? That is why his team who's best player last year pushed your Lake Show squad to a 7 game series with essentially a bunch of role players.

Yeah the useless stats club is just pilin up championships aren't they?  Houston, Portland, OKC, all have young good players, and nothing to show for it. 

The Lakers and Celtics, and Spurs were all built off made up stats. 

Or not. 

I said, Monta has a ton of poor inflated stats, sure, but to hype Baron 1 outta 3 games Davis, over a guy that plays 900 minutes a night with only 2 other guys on the court with him is beyond ******ed. 

Back
Top Bottom