Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

But mike never bet you any kind of money so sit down clown and keep my name of your mouth

roll.gif

If things were completely going south with this team, you probably would be murdering me every time I made a post.

I forgot all about West trying to bring in Alonzo.
laugh.gif

Wai the cavs would trade west the only person that can create a shot for himself other then bron? Ya smart

Originally Posted by CP1708

The Suns are good right? That 10-14 record they got after that fast start is great right? MVP's and stuff, revitalize, coach of the year, rebirth, The Suns are back......right?

*record screeches to a halt*

@#$% outta here with that @#$%^&*( them fools was garbage from day 1, once those fresh legs wore off and all them old dudes remembered who they were, yeah, they are who we thought they were.

i think this is what jinxed them on 11/16/09

Jdiddy931 wrote:
Suns on top the West.

Its not like they really have any other trade bait with real value on the team. It depends on what they can get, but I wouldn't let him go.

Last night was a good off night for the CAVS. C's, Magic and Hawks all take L's.

Vince Carter is absolute TRASH
sick.gif
laugh.gif
at all the dudes who said he was better than Hedo for the Magic.
smh.gif

And Mike, hopefully we don't deal Delonte, but if we do it better be for Antawn who can definitely create his own shot. If it's Z + Delonte for Antawn+ ? and we get Z back after 30 days, you have to make that deal if you're CLE. But like I said, I really, REALLY don't want to get rid of 'lonte.
tired.gif

41 games for most teams at this point.........

LOVE the way the Grizz, Thunder, Hawks, look, with an added surprise to the Kings, and even the Clips without Blake. (if he can get over on the curse, theystill could be nice)

Am starting to think I may have been wrong with Orlando and Boston. Not that they won't be solid at the end of the year, but I figured one of those teamswould get the 1 seed, and no way for Cleveland to beat them both. Now, it looks like Clev may get the 1 seed, and be in the exact same spot as last season.

Stan, D12, Jameer, all let me down. D12 is he did nothing else this year, should have at least learned to shoot a free throw, that would make them WAY moredangerous then you could imagine. Stan is killin me, and Jameer still doesn't look like he did this time last year.

Boston is just old. They're fine, they're just old. Still a threat if they have everyone right in May.

The Mavs and Spurs and Nuggets are still what I thought they were. Win a big game, lose an easy one. Get hyped for one big game, then lose the game after. Big deal.

Suns are awesome.
laugh.gif
I love watching them crumble.

Blazers have heart when they play their rivals, bunch of girls when they play other NBA teams.

Houston is where I thought they would be, tough, pain in the @#$, but no real threat to the league. TON of heart.

Utah is the sleeper. Sneaky dangerous Jerry Sloan type team. JA will cry when they beat Dallas in the postseason.

Detroit is a damn mess, called that.

Memphis got better the second AI left. CP is not surprised, he's just a hater.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Bulls have let down since last year, but Rose is lookin better each game, they need a slam dunk 1A type player to push them over the top.

Wizards are great. Love them. (I'm afraid to say anything bad about them, don't want to get shot)

Pacers are white

Nets make me feel bad. They are beyond terrible. They suck so bad, even Stern won't help them get the #1 pick. You know damn well they gettin that 4thpick.
roll.gif

Toronto is worse then I thought they would be. smh, don't know what's goin on there.

G State would be fine with new ownership. They have solid peices, but a lot of issues, and zero bigs. Worst run team in the league right now.

Hornets are a 1 man team, and 3 decent players.

Still see LA vs Bos, or Orld in the finals, but with a trade, maybe Cleveland gets in, but imo, they are still a one man show in the playoffs when the entirefranchise can be scrutinized in a 7 game series, their weaknesses will be exposed.

Depending on how desperate Washington is to get out of Jamison's deal, I would say Z + Delonte would be giving away too much (even if Z is bought out).

What will Washington do with another guard anyway?

I guess since Arenas is gone and Critt may be on his way out, they have enough room to add him in their rotation of Foye, Stevenson, Nick Young andBoykins.
laugh.gif

Trade deadline will most definitly be interesting...

Yesterday was a enjoyable day of basketball. Felt like th eplayoffs with the format of a game after another all day.

Thoughts:
Lakers don't even try hard and they got the best record in the league.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Health and age are really holding the Celtics back from a return to the Finals.
I'm 50/50 on the Cavs. On one hand there's LeBron and on the other hand is Mike Brown.
The strength of the Magic, their depth may also be their downfall.
The gap between the Lakers and the rest of the West is considerable.
Nuggets still need another big man to compete with the Lakers.
Spurs are gelling, but have some kinks to work out.
Mavericks are good, but I can't trust them in the playoffs.
Jazz are the new Sonics, stuck between fringe playoff team and late lotto team.
Love the heart and toughness the Blazers and Rockets have shown.
Grizzlies, Thunder and Kings are on the upswing.
It's a shame Wade and CP3 have to waste a year of their career because of $.
Durant is an absolute monster and joy to watch.
I overrated the Nets' core of young players. They're bound to overpay someone this summer.
Joe Dumars is a hit or miss GM and when he misses he sets the Pistons back 4-5 years.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Love Delonte, but if the Cavs can get a versatile PF or scoring SG, they'd have to do it.

Depending on how desperate Washington is to get out of Jamison's deal, I would say Z + Delonte would be giving away too much (even if Z is bought out).
?

Well I think the Washington may be desperate enough to give away Jamison away for Z straight up.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
...that would be highway robbery getting Antawn for NOTHING, presuming Z comesback after 30 days (I'm not including $ AT ALL and only taking THIS season into consideration
laugh.gif
wink.gif
).

NBA Strength of Schedule, might tell you who is a fraud this first half and who is better than there record indicates.

[table][tr][td]2009-10 NBA RPI Rankings[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RNK[/td] [td]TEAM[/td] [td]RPI[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]SOS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]Houston[/td] [td].531[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]18[/td] [td].525[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Miami[/td] [td].518[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]19[/td] [td].520[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Dallas[/td] [td].551[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]14[/td] [td].519[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]Utah[/td] [td].527[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]18[/td] [td].516[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]Phoenix[/td] [td].533[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]17[/td] [td].516[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]Oklahoma City[/td] [td].521[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]18[/td] [td].511[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]LA Clippers[/td] [td].492[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]22[/td] [td].510[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]Toronto[/td] [td].511[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]20[/td] [td].510[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]Atlanta[/td] [td].547[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]13[/td] [td].506[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]Detroit[/td] [td].470[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]25[/td] [td].506[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]LA Lakers[/td] [td].572[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]9[/td] [td].505[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]Chicago[/td] [td].496[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]20[/td] [td].504[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]Golden State[/td] [td].450[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]27[/td] [td].503[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]Portland[/td] [td].528[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]16[/td] [td].501[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]Minnesota[/td] [td].424[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]33[/td] [td].500[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16[/td] [td]Sacramento[/td] [td].470[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]24[/td] [td].499[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17[/td] [td]Memphis[/td] [td].508[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]18[/td] [td].498[/td] [/tr][tr][td]18[/td] [td]Charlotte[/td] [td].498[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]19[/td] [td].498[/td] [/tr][tr][td]19[/td] [td]New Jersey[/td] [td].391[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]36[/td] [td].495[/td] [/tr][tr][td]20[/td] [td]Milwaukee[/td] [td].475[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]22[/td] [td].494[/td] [/tr][tr][td]21[/td] [td]New Orleans[/td] [td].503[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]18[/td] [td].492[/td] [/tr][tr][td]22[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td].522[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]15[/td] [td].491[/td] [/tr][tr][td]23[/td] [td]Cleveland[/td] [td].552[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]11[/td] [td].490[/td] [/tr][tr][td]24[/td] [td]Philadelphia[/td] [td].451[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]26[/td] [td].490[/td] [/tr][tr][td]25[/td] [td]Orlando[/td] [td].530[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]14[/td] [td].490[/td] [/tr][tr][td]26[/td] [td]New York[/td] [td].466[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]24[/td] [td].487[/td] [/tr][tr][td]27[/td] [td]Washington[/td] [td].448[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]26[/td] [td].487[/td] [/tr][tr][td]28[/td] [td]Denver[/td] [td].525[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]14[/td] [td].483[/td] [/tr][tr][td]29[/td] [td]Boston[/td] [td].535[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]11[/td] [td].477[/td] [/tr][tr][td]30[/td] [td]Indiana[/td] [td].445[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]26[/td] [td].477[/td] [/tr][/table]

Thoughts, I think the Raps are poised for a very good second half, man the first half we had so many games against good teams on back to backs where they havebeen rested for 3 days, the Hawks blowout was so easy to see coming, Raptors cross country back to back against Hawks who just had 3 days off. I swear the NBAschedule makers are trying to +@!$ us.
laugh.gif

This Chad Ford chat right now is hilarious.

He mentions the idea that if Wall goes to NJ that it could have an effect on LeBron and he must have gotten a couple thousand angry comments from Ohioresidents because the next couple of questions he posted were basically "OMG! LBJ would never abandon Cleveland for a rookie! FFFFUUUUU!"
laugh.gif

Like playing with Mr. 17/4 and Floppy is any better...
eyes.gif

Strength of schedule.
laugh.gif

Come on man, I know what you're tryna say, but damn dude, they all play each other all year anyways, come on.

Originally Posted by DLo13

This Chad Ford chat right now is hilarious.

He mentions the idea that if Wall goes to NJ that it could have an effect on LeBron and he must have gotten a couple thousand angry comments from Ohio residents because the next couple of questions he posted were basically "OMG! LBJ would never abandon Cleveland for a rookie! FFFFUUUUU!"
laugh.gif

Like playing with Mr. 17/4 and Floppy is any better...
eyes.gif
NJ is a serious threat for Bron. Even more so than NYC IMO...

1. Jay-Z
2. Brooklyn?
3. John Wall (who he already has a relationship with). This boy is about to be a SUPER STAR.
pimp.gif

4. Cap space galore.
5. Brook Lopez
6. Very attractive trading block in Devin Harris.
7. Will look like a hero b/c he will SMASH the NBA record regarding increase in W's over the course of 1 season.

We shall see...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

Seen how every team plays each other that is a stupid chart
No, you clearly don't understand, it's the strength of schedule so far this season so Orlando has the 4th best record league but they haveone of the weakest records so when they play the next half and they have to play more good teams because every team plays each other there record will evenout.

Cmon guys it is REALLY not that complicated.
laugh.gif

The whole point is every team plays each other, Boston has the best record in the east but they played bad teams inthe first half so in the second half when they have to play more good teams there record could possibly be fraudulent. Am I loosing my mind here.
roll.gif

Been on the bron to nj bandwagon since the offseason. Hating !%$ knick fans the only ones that don't see it

Back
Top Bottom