Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

WHAT THE !%+% WAS THAT OKC
roll.gif

The only thing I saw was Westbrook with a 54-foot jumper.

Rose with 37
sick.gif

It just don't look right seeing him shoot 33 shots.
laugh.gif

NVM it wasnt a bad play by OKC because they had no timeouts, announcers and yahoo said they did but they didn't

roll.gif
roll.gif

Dwight Howard was about to put that work on Blake. Steve was probably telling him to touch up on his post game.

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

laugh.gif
@ Martin and Tyreke still trying to play together. This better workout right for them.
indifferent.gif
Did you even watch the game?

Nope, but I thought Sacramento would be able to handle the 76ers especially with 6'5 and 6'7 going up against 6'1 and 6'0. What happened?

Just a bit of Mavs history setters this week.

Dirk reached the 20,000 point plateau last game in LAL, the 34th player to do so. He is currently a few points behind Tom Chambers. He's very capable ofclimbing into the top 30 this year, but in comparison Kareem has 18,000 more points than Dirk right now.
laugh.gif

(As a side note, the active player with the most points right now is Shaq with almost 28,000, who's fifth all-time, but it's unlikely he'll get anyhigher, as he needs 4000 to approach Wilt. Kobe is next at 15 and just about 25,000. It'll be interesting to see how high Kobe can get).

Jason Kidd is currently TIED with Glenn Rice for 5th all-time in Three Pointers Made with 1,559. 2nd and 4th are both active players, Ray Ray and Pejarespectively. Ray's closing down on Reggie, 200 behind at 2,363. Reggie has 2,560. Another funny tidbit.. 1-5 of all-time three point shooters are either39-40% for their careers. Jason Kidd is 34%
laugh.gif

Kidd took 600 more three's over his career but currently has the same amount as Glenn Rice.
laugh.gif

I just watched the highlights of the Suns-Hawks, props to J. Craw for KILLING those cats.

Suns completely choked. 6 seconds left in the game, you're up 4, hit the first, miss the second.

Rebound there and it's game, but instead the Hawks get the ball, and put it back up to get the game to one.

Amare gets fouled (and what the hell was he trying to do, did he think he was behind the 3-point line?). How the hell do you not have Steve Nash shooting freethrows.

Of course he splits the free throws, leaving the Hawks down 2.

How-to-lose-a-game 101

laugh.gif
@ Martin and Tyreke still trying to play together. This better workout right for them.
indifferent.gif
Nope, but I thought Sacramento would be able to handle the 76ers especially with 6'5 and 6'7 going up against 6'1 and 6'0. What happened?
They actually showed that they could play together but it was constantly turnovers from the entire team is what to loss.

Someone asked me a few weeks back why I always pick on the Eastern Conference...

It's because they truly ARE TERRIBLE.

How many teams in the East are above .500? Survey says?! Five (was four before Miami got a little hot).

On the other side of the country, the entire southwest division is over .500, and 11 of the 15 teams TOTAL are above .500.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Everybody except for JT and K-Mart laid an egg. Tyreke trynna do too much in his hometown.

Oh yeah, don't think I don't know what you're implying with that initial reply.

Slam ran this article on the Hawks the other day...

http://www.slamonline.com...-with-the-atlanta-hawks/

Long, but entertaining, read if you've got time...I just want to pull one thing out of it...

"This team has a chance to do something special if you believe in each other," Woodson said. "If you feel like what we're trying to do on the court isn't going to work, speak up! I have zero ego as a coach, none. If you think you see something that's going to work better than what we're trying to do, speak up! Say something to me! But what I'm telling you guys is that if you guys will just consistently do what we're asking you to do on defense, we'll win games. I don't give a !$%# about the offense; you guys can score more than enough points to win games. The offense isn't the problem. But you have to get stops on defense, and if you'll listen to what we're telling you, I promise you'll get stops. The !$%# works, okay? The !$%# works, but you guys just have to have the pride and the heart to buy into it and do what we're asking you to do every time down the court."

A few minutes past noon, Woodson stood and faced the team to end the meeting. "Guys, I've been in this League as a coach and a player for 28 years. I won one title with Detroit a few years ago, but I'd like to win some more, and I know all of you guys would, too. Look, your clock is ticking. My clock is ticking. We're not going to be around this League forever. This team is possibly good enough to win a title. You guys who weren't here before this year, I've never been able to say that before this season. But you guys could do something really special. You just have to trust each other and do what you're supposed to do out there on the floor. The !$%# works, you just have to execute and trust."

...and you wonder why our offense goes dead far too often. There's no sets, it's all isos...

I do hope the phrase "The !$%# works!" catches on, tho...
laugh.gif

Also, Jamal...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

I dont know how many times i bring this up but Gerald Wallace needs to be an all star..

21pts 7rebs 4stls 5blks
sick.gif

they also beat the Spurs by 16 and held the spurs to 76 points

always good to see an underdog team do good
pimp.gif
Again..

The bobcats are killing the Suns right now 74-47

Gerald Wallace has 24pts 11 rebs at halftime
sick.gif
sick.gif

Gotta give LARRY BROWN his credit.

Too bad the Knicks fired him after not even 1 full season.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Gotta give LARRY BROWN his credit.

Too bad the Knicks fired him after not even 1 full season.
indifferent.gif
agreed

it wasant his fault his team didnt buy his defensive play..now he has a team that competes from start to finish, and its paying off

WE'RE ON A ROLL!

i love the defensive effort, and g wallace is on fire. Its looking like the jackson trade is one of the premier trades of the year too

lets go cats

The Memphis Grizzlies are now three games over .500.

Got a national televised game (TNT) on Monday vs a slumping Phoenix Suns.

Back
Top Bottom