Oakland RAIDERS OffSeason Thread

Yeah I though Hagan was healthy too.

We looked scary good at times and scary bad at times during the game. We gotta stop it with these penalties we've been terrible with them for I don't know how long.

Yeah I though Hagan was healthy too.

We looked scary good at times and scary bad at times during the game. We gotta stop it with these penalties we've been terrible with them for I don't know how long.

Pryor's suspension hearing tomorrow
nerd.gif

I was really pulling for you guys this time around. Great game but a bad outcome. For the raider fans anyways. I feel like the Raiders are one or two plays a game away from being a contender. Youth and Skill are crazy heavy on this team.

I was really pulling for you guys this time around. Great game but a bad outcome. For the raider fans anyways. I feel like the Raiders are one or two plays a game away from being a contender. Youth and Skill are crazy heavy on this team.

Originally Posted by zube42

Nick Miller and Chris Johnson need to be cut.
Miller may very well be on the outs. His job isn't impossible to replace, and we need a better spark on returns to rejuvenate the offense. Johnson will stay, of course. He's the most experienced CB we have and, as Tommy Kelly made public after the game, the rest of the team is upset with the DB's for not holding up their end of the bargain when they needed to (which is funny, because the DL for the first time did not play like they needed to today. Fitzpatrick had zero pressure today).

I'm going to use today to vent, and move on for tomorrow. It's important to remember that we're going to be home these next two weeks, and all we need is one win against either NY or NE to maintain some kind of stability in our division. I'd rather have to compete for a playoff spot between our division rivals, which basically means just the Chargers, than with the rest of the AFC for a Wild Card spot.

Originally Posted by zube42

Nick Miller and Chris Johnson need to be cut.
Miller may very well be on the outs. His job isn't impossible to replace, and we need a better spark on returns to rejuvenate the offense. Johnson will stay, of course. He's the most experienced CB we have and, as Tommy Kelly made public after the game, the rest of the team is upset with the DB's for not holding up their end of the bargain when they needed to (which is funny, because the DL for the first time did not play like they needed to today. Fitzpatrick had zero pressure today).

I'm going to use today to vent, and move on for tomorrow. It's important to remember that we're going to be home these next two weeks, and all we need is one win against either NY or NE to maintain some kind of stability in our division. I'd rather have to compete for a playoff spot between our division rivals, which basically means just the Chargers, than with the rest of the AFC for a Wild Card spot.

was it me or were they missing tackles all game. fred jackson looking like thurman thomas out there. the DBs getting toasted. defense overall played like %$%+ the second half. whats up with jacoby ford? if i have to see nick miller one more time i'm gonna break my tv.

was it me or were they missing tackles all game. fred jackson looking like thurman thomas out there. the DBs getting toasted. defense overall played like %$%+ the second half. whats up with jacoby ford? if i have to see nick miller one more time i'm gonna break my tv.

Well, the outcome of this game helped solidify what our starting offense should look like.

WR's:: Derrick Hagan, Denarius Moore and Jacoby in the slot. Throw in DHB and Chaz in the rotation of our WR's...I'd run a lot more 3 WR looks with Kevin Boss coming in on packages..

Jason Campbell sold me today on his play...I had my doubts last week, but he definitely looked more comfortable playing with the squad today..maybe it was more confidence in the WR's?

Nick Miller
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Chris Johnson 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Big ups to the Bills for stealing this game from us, we obviously didn't want this one as bad as they did. But with that said, I feel as if we beat ourselves more than they beat us..which is what makes it even more disgusting.

I also feel like Hue shoulda made some kinda decision on Chris Johnson...He obviously wasn't gettin the job done, why didn't he put Routt on Stevie Johnson? Why didn't he try more safety help? I know we're man to man, but if that man is getting beat constantly we gotta make some kinda adjustments defensively..I feel like we didn't do ANYTHING defensively when they were firing on all cylinders offensively.

Just my two cents, I hope this is another learning experience for the squad...we're gonna need all the experience and growth with the Jets and the Pats coming to the town...

Well, the outcome of this game helped solidify what our starting offense should look like.

WR's:: Derrick Hagan, Denarius Moore and Jacoby in the slot. Throw in DHB and Chaz in the rotation of our WR's...I'd run a lot more 3 WR looks with Kevin Boss coming in on packages..

Jason Campbell sold me today on his play...I had my doubts last week, but he definitely looked more comfortable playing with the squad today..maybe it was more confidence in the WR's?

Nick Miller
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Chris Johnson 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Big ups to the Bills for stealing this game from us, we obviously didn't want this one as bad as they did. But with that said, I feel as if we beat ourselves more than they beat us..which is what makes it even more disgusting.

I also feel like Hue shoulda made some kinda decision on Chris Johnson...He obviously wasn't gettin the job done, why didn't he put Routt on Stevie Johnson? Why didn't he try more safety help? I know we're man to man, but if that man is getting beat constantly we gotta make some kinda adjustments defensively..I feel like we didn't do ANYTHING defensively when they were firing on all cylinders offensively.

Just my two cents, I hope this is another learning experience for the squad...we're gonna need all the experience and growth with the Jets and the Pats coming to the town...

ALAMEDA -- It's a small sample size, obviously, but Stanford Routt seems to be adapting well to the role of No. 1 cornerback on the Raiders.

Through two games, Routt has given up four receptions on the 14 passes thrown his way for a 28.6 percent "burn rate," which is the lowest completion percentage in the NFL among any defender targeted at least 10 times, according to Stats Inc.

A meaningless stat in that premier cover corners are rarely targeted, let alone five times per game? Fine, but Routt's rate is better than that of either the Philadelphia Eagles' Nnamdi Asomugha (three-of-six, 50 percent) or the New York Jets' Darrelle Revis (three-of-nine, 33.3 percent).

"He's made some plays," Raiders coach Hue Jackson said of Routt. "Obviously, he had an interception last week. I think he's really into the game, not that he wasn't before. I think he understands the position he's in. I think he's up to the challenge, he wants it, he's not running from it, that's for sure. But he'll be the first to tell you he needs to get better, too. We all do, you know, and we will."

The Raiders will have an up-close-and-personal look at Revis Island on Sunday. And Routt will see the three-headed monster of Plaxico Burress, Santonio Holmes and Derrick Mason a week after Oakland's defense collapsed in the second half at Buffalo in giving up five touchdowns on five possessions.

Against the Bills, Routt gave up three receptions on nine targets for 31 yards, while fellow cornerback Chris Johnson surrendered seven catches on 10 targets for 71 yards and middle linebacker Rolando McClain was victimized on eight of 11 for 62 yards.

"You kind of do it like whenever you go to the toilet and use the restroom," Routt said. "Whatever you put in there, you just flush it down and you just let it go, because games like that can definitely affect you for the next game.

"We…should have been 2-0, effed it off in the fourth quarter and the third quarter and so now we've got our home opener. You've got to just go ahead, put it to bed and forget about it."

And a victory over the Jets would bolster just as much confidence.

"Definitely. The Jets have been in the AFC title game what, the last two years, against the (Indianapolis) Colts and the (Pittsburgh) Steelers?" pondered Routt, who has also been called for pass interference and holding one time each. "So yeah, it would definitely build confidence. But no matter what, somebody said in our defensive meeting this morning, that if we want to go to the AFC title game, we want to go to the playoffs, if we want to go to the Super Bowl, we're going to have to go through this team. Or the (New England) Patriots, or the Steelers. Whatever.

"But we're going to have to get through this team. So we might as well go ahead and see where we are right now, rather than try to hold it off and just wait untill January or February, if it gets that far."

ALAMEDA -- It's a small sample size, obviously, but Stanford Routt seems to be adapting well to the role of No. 1 cornerback on the Raiders.

Through two games, Routt has given up four receptions on the 14 passes thrown his way for a 28.6 percent "burn rate," which is the lowest completion percentage in the NFL among any defender targeted at least 10 times, according to Stats Inc.

A meaningless stat in that premier cover corners are rarely targeted, let alone five times per game? Fine, but Routt's rate is better than that of either the Philadelphia Eagles' Nnamdi Asomugha (three-of-six, 50 percent) or the New York Jets' Darrelle Revis (three-of-nine, 33.3 percent).

"He's made some plays," Raiders coach Hue Jackson said of Routt. "Obviously, he had an interception last week. I think he's really into the game, not that he wasn't before. I think he understands the position he's in. I think he's up to the challenge, he wants it, he's not running from it, that's for sure. But he'll be the first to tell you he needs to get better, too. We all do, you know, and we will."

The Raiders will have an up-close-and-personal look at Revis Island on Sunday. And Routt will see the three-headed monster of Plaxico Burress, Santonio Holmes and Derrick Mason a week after Oakland's defense collapsed in the second half at Buffalo in giving up five touchdowns on five possessions.

Against the Bills, Routt gave up three receptions on nine targets for 31 yards, while fellow cornerback Chris Johnson surrendered seven catches on 10 targets for 71 yards and middle linebacker Rolando McClain was victimized on eight of 11 for 62 yards.

"You kind of do it like whenever you go to the toilet and use the restroom," Routt said. "Whatever you put in there, you just flush it down and you just let it go, because games like that can definitely affect you for the next game.

"We…should have been 2-0, effed it off in the fourth quarter and the third quarter and so now we've got our home opener. You've got to just go ahead, put it to bed and forget about it."

And a victory over the Jets would bolster just as much confidence.

"Definitely. The Jets have been in the AFC title game what, the last two years, against the (Indianapolis) Colts and the (Pittsburgh) Steelers?" pondered Routt, who has also been called for pass interference and holding one time each. "So yeah, it would definitely build confidence. But no matter what, somebody said in our defensive meeting this morning, that if we want to go to the AFC title game, we want to go to the playoffs, if we want to go to the Super Bowl, we're going to have to go through this team. Or the (New England) Patriots, or the Steelers. Whatever.

"But we're going to have to get through this team. So we might as well go ahead and see where we are right now, rather than try to hold it off and just wait untill January or February, if it gets that far."

Back
Top Bottom