Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
Sammy Sosa
mean.gif

Since this is essentially the NYC General forum, I need some help.

Gotta get a suit tailored for a wedding in July, and I want it to be legit. Anyone know of any good tailors in the city?

Fields prospered the first half of 2010...then he fell off really hard. :lol:

His wife is :smokin

Fields regressed as bad as he did once Melo got on the team. He was actually playing pretty well until his minutes were taken away from him and the ball stopped coming to him.

Also, he was never the player you put in big time games. The guy just couldn't handle those type of games.

It's also depressing to come into this thread sometimes. It seems like 60% of the time we're not even talking about the Knicks or basketball anymore. IDK if it's because we're not in the playoffs or prospects for the Knicks are so bad that we can't even get in the news.

I suppose in July 1st things will pick up for us :lol:

Yo I just woke up from a nap and had a dream I was watching a knick game with msg making a big deal about how smart a move it was to put shump at the point and THjr at the sg. Have I uncovered gold or should I just go back to sleep ?

idk guys. his wife is a dime and he making 20 mill for being the 10th man. he's winning
smokin.gif
When you look at it in terms of normal parameters....well, yeah he is, but that's not the point here 
laugh.gif

Yo I just woke up from a nap and had a dream I was watching a knick game with msg making a big deal about how smart a move it was to put shump at the point and THjr at the sg. Have I uncovered gold or should I just go back to sleep ?
Just saw Dan LeBatard say on TV how Donald Sterling traded Glen Rice for Danny Manning years ago. He went to bed that night and had a dream about Danny Manning and rescinded the trade. Needless to say, go back to sleep.

Gotta get a suit tailored for a wedding in July, and I want it to be legit. Anyone know of any good tailors in the city?

harlemtothebronx harlemtothebronx

I know a tailor that lives close to you and is VERY legit. He used to be THE tailor over at Saks Fifth before he retired. He runs his own shop in his home in Astoria now. I've had him do a couple of alterations for me and he's phenomenal. Dude is as legit as it gets.

His name is Jimmy and he lives on 22-26 36th Street Astoria, NY 11105

Give him a call at 917-612-8826 to set up an appointment. He lives in a very residential area, so you either need to drive over there or take the train and be prepared for a walk. I think it's worth it though.

His prices may be high for some people, but it's very competitive compared to the best tailors over in Manhattan. This isn't some regular guy over at the cleaners who also happen to tailor suits. The man spent his whole life tailoring suits. He knows his ****.

Prices for reference:

Took over a suit jacket and overcoat. Had both shortened on the sleeves and brought in from the side to give a tapered silhouette profile look. Came out to about $200 I think.

Last edited:
Remember in 2011 when the Knicks tried to play Shump at the point? I don't think you uncovered gold :lol:

Last edited:

harlemtothebronx harlemtothebronx

I know a tailor that lives close to you and is VERY legit. He used to be THE tailor over at Saks Fifth before he retired. He runs his own shop in his home in Astoria now. I've had him do a couple of alterations for me and he's phenomenal. Dude is as legit as it gets.

His name is Jimmy and he lives on 22-26 36th Street Astoria, NY 11105

Give him a call at 917-612-8826 to set up an appointment. He lives in a very residential area, so you either need to drive over there or take the train and be prepared for a walk. I think it's worth it though.

His prices may be high for some people, but it's very competitive compared to the best tailors over in Manhattan. This isn't some regular guy over at the cleaners who also happen to tailor suits. The man spent his whole life tailoring suits. He knows his ****.

Prices for reference:

Took over a suit jacket and overcoat. Had both shortened on the sleeves and brought in from the side to give a tapered silhouette profile look. Came out to about $200 I think.
My man, you really came through. I'll give him a ring. Thanks.:pimp:

That's actually not too bad a walk from my house.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom