Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
Honestly guys that quote tells me he's leaving via FA.

Knicks front office has to look at potential deals before the 20th.

Nah, let him walk.

I don't believe he has the balls to do it but either way it'll work out better for us.

Agreed. He doesn't strike me as the type to do whatever it takes financially to win.

But, I would not be opposed if they trade him to the Kings or Bucks just for ***** and giggles.

Tim Hardaway Jr., New York Knicks | Rookie
One of the 2013 draft's real surprises and probably its best shooter, Hardaway Jr. has brought a nice combination of athleticism and perimeter shooting to the Knicks. The energy he plays with allows him to make athletic plays that most pure shooters can't make.

It is unclear if Hardaway Jr. will end up being a long-term starter in this league, but he is, without a doubt, a rotation player, giving the Knicks something to be happy about this season.

The NBA trade deadline is in six days and some deals will get done to lower owed tax in July. Currently there are five teams over the threshold and three just below it.

Trades are always difficult and that's why a third team is sometimes brought in to help facilitate a deal using salary cap room. Currently there are three teams with significant cap room and three who have just a bit.

New York
Players signed: 15
Over tax line: $17.845 million
Owed Tax: $37.999 million

Last edited:
When Melo said he defends Woodson tells me that he doesn't want the Knicks to fire him and bring in another coach to hopefully satisfy Melo. Dude will never beat Miami or Indiana in NY unless they somehow get another superstar

When Melo said he defends Woodson tells me that he doesn't want the Knicks to fire him and bring in another coach to hopefully satisfy Melo. Dude will never beat Miami or Indiana in NY unless they somehow get another superstar

Melo doesn't want to be perceived as a coach killer?

"@MySportsLegion: Carmelo Anthony: "I want to win a championship. If I have to become a free agent in order to do that, then that's what I have to do." WOW."

Did anyone see this interview. I was in class and missed it. Just seems like the complete opposite of what he's been saying. Just wanna make sure he wasn't misquoted

Can you blame him? Lol. Look at the "team" that he's surrounded with.

@ScottCacciola: Carmelo: "I know for a fact I'm not being traded."

EDIT:

@Al_Iannazzone: Melo said "without a doubt" he would take less money if it helps give the Knicks flexibility to bring in other players .

Last edited:
He said that he's willing to take less money only from the Knicks to build a championship squad.

I like the sounds of that.

Melo ain't taking less money, that's laughable :lol:

He's gone imo, think he heads to Chicago. That Bledsoe trade I posted last week is the best thing we'll get for him but y'all ain't trying to hear me.

If anyone, Tyson Chandler has thrown Woody under the bus more than any other NYK player.

IIRC, Tyson has never said anything that was incorrect. Especially about the switching. He was 100% on the dot with that one.

I think Melo's last stance with the Woody talk was no comment.
Right or wrong questioning your coach's scheme publicly is throwing him under the bus. That's stuff you keep in house. Just talking about it lets you know all of the players don't believe in the coach. Other teams switch and you don't hear complaints like that. Nobody threw dude under the bus like that last season when we were a top seed with 50+ wins and we were switching win or loss.

Not saying Woodson deserves loyalty but being professional should go without saying.
@ScottCacciola: Carmelo: "I know for a fact I'm not being traded."

EDIT:

@Al_Iannazzone: Melo said "without a doubt" he would take less money if it helps give the Knicks flexibility to bring in other players .
The ****? Where was this when he first came here? He could've took less then and got maxed out now to balance things out.

Hard to take everything he's saying serious. You got guys running with I'll become a FA if it helps me win a championship and dudes elated off I know I'm not being traded and I'll take less money to win a championship in NY.

Last edited:
If anyone, Tyson Chandler has thrown Woody under the bus more than any other NYK player.

IIRC, Tyson has never said anything that was incorrect. Especially about the switching. He was 100% on the dot with that one.

I think Melo's last stance with the Woody talk was no comment.
Right or wrong questioning your coach's scheme publicly is throwing him under the bus. That's stuff you keep in house. Just talking about it lets you know all of the players don't believe in the coach. Other teams switch and you don't hear complaints like that. Nobody threw dude under the bus like that last season when we were a top seed with 50+ wins and we were switching win or loss.

Not saying Woodson deserves loyalty but being professional should go without saying..

Agreed.

Last edited:
Can you blame him? Lol. Look at the "team" that he's surrounded with.

melo forced his way to the knicks instead of waiting for free agency which was half a season away and signed with them that way... with melo forcing the trade the knicks traded half their squad to acquire him.... i love melo on this team but lets face it was his fault this team lacks talent around him....

i forgot to add that if melo signed as a free agent then the knicks could have used those players from the trade to get melo and use it on cp3 instead....

Last edited:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1960766-ny-knicks-2014-nba-trade-deadline-strategy-blueprint

tweets don't show up, but rest of article is in spoilers

The New York Knicks need to rebuild their roster in order to keep their playoff chances alive.

Heading into the All Star break with a 20-32 record, it's become obvious that a change is long overdo. The Knicks can no longer move forward as-is and expect to maintain Carmelo Anthony's desire to commit to the organization longterm.

The 2013-14 NBA season has been a tumultuous ride and the blame falls on the inconsistencies of Anthony's teammates. J.R. Smith has done little to remind fans of his award winning season the year prior, and Raymond Felton has played like the outcast that was exiled from the Denver Nuggets and Portland Trail Blazers in previous campaigns.

Iman Shumpert and Tyson Chandler also deserve criticism. The two lock-down defenders consistently fail to ignite their team defensively—in addition to being virtually useless on offense.

Chandler has never been touted for his scoring, but outside of his recent stretch to close out the first half of the year, when he went 6-of-7, 5-of-6 and 8-of-12 against the Nuggets, Oklahoma City Thunder and Sacramento Kings, he's failed to impact NY's dysfunctional offense.

Shumpert has also done little to add to New York's bottomline. The young shooting guard is known for his defensive prowess—which is predicated on gambling more often than not—but his growth offensively has floundered, leaving pundits to ponder whether or not his offensive explosions against the San Antonio Spurs (Jan. 2) and Houston Rockets (Jan. 3) were simply aberrations.

According Al Iannazone of Newsday, "Iman Shumpert also has been a disappointment. Too often he makes little impact on the game, even defensively, which is his strong point."

He's also struggled in transition which is one aspect of the game Shumpert should thrive in, considering his athletic ability.

In order to turn this disappointing season around, Knicks general manager Steve Mills needs to cut the deadweight plaguing his roster, instead of banking on hope.

Ditching Inconsistency

As long as Mike Woodson has to rely on players like Felton, Smith, Shumpert and Chandler—players that fail to do their job and impact both sides of the floor as consistently as the team needs—NY will continue to toil in mediocrity.

The remedy to all this is simple: package those that fail to bring it on both ends of the floor for someone who will. A combination of Chandler, Shumpert, Felton and Smith could yield the kind of young talent the Knicks need.

Figuring the Boston Celtics would rather hold onto Rajon Rondo, instead of sending the PG to the Big Apple in exchange for Chandler, Shumpert and a future draft pick, there are some other options to upgrade at the 1.

One team that may be interested in what New York needs to move is the Phoenix Suns. A package of Chandler, Shumpert and Smith should be enough to receive Eric Bledsoe, Emeka Okafor, Miles Plumlee and Archie Goodwin.

Bledsoe would be the pugnacious 1 the Knicks are desperate for thanks to Felton's matador defense, Goodwin is a raw 2 with tons of upside and Plumlee is a young big man that is flourishing this season.

Mills could then turn his attention to moving Beno Udrih. A team like the Miami Heat should be interested in an extra playmaker and shooter off the bench, and considering the Heat have trade exceptions available, Udrih's contract could be dumped effortlessly in Miami.

Moving Felton may be challenging, but there are suitors present, despite the point guard finding losing to be boring.

Instead of looking to receive young talent or draft picks, the Knick should ship Felton with intentions of dumping salary, and getting closer to some cap space. A three-team trade with the Detroit Pistons and Dallas Mavericks would free NY from two lousy contracts: Felton and Andrea Bargnani.

The Knicks would send Bargnani to the Mavs and Felton to the Pistons; Dallas would ship Shawn Marion to Detroit; and the Knicks would receive Charlie Villanueva and his expiring contract.

Those moves would leave New York with the following roster:

Potential Knicks Lineup
PG Eric Bledsoe Pablo Prigioni Toure' Murry
SG Tim Hardaway Jr. Archie Goodwin
SF Carmelo Anthony Metta World Peace
PF Amar'e Stoudemire Kenyon Martin
C Miles Plumlee Jeremy Tyler Cole Aldrich
These transactions leave the Knicks a little thin, but it puts them in position to succeed in the future by removing the deadweight that is eating up cap space and contributing to the L's that have been amassed this season.

In order to maintain Anthony's confidence in the organization, NY needs to adjust and retool its struggling roster.

Blame can be placed on Woodson's coaching and his ineffective schemes, but the players at his disposal limit what he can do. By bringing in a point guard that can effectively run an offense, as well as be a pest defensively, in addition to acquiring a young big man with upside, New York's rebuilding efforts aren't as insurmountable and gloomy as they currently appear.

melo's been the perfect citizen this season. he's second in scoring, putting in major effort every game he plays, not complaining about the coach, etc

to me this has been his plan in order to maximize offers thrown his way when the free agency comes around. whether or not he steps is another thing. i just don't know

Frank, in that 3 team deal, you want that cancer to his team on the Knicks?

:lol:

:nerd:

Great article though, You're dumping all of the players I want to see gone for the most part and more importantly keeping the guys I want to stay for now. Not enthused with everybody you're bringing in for the rest of this season and what a run would look like to get in the playoffs but the cap space is worth it.

On a slightly related note, 2014 NBA Free Agents

Last edited:

Not saying Woodson deserves loyalty but being professional should go without saying.
The ****? Where was this when he first came here? He could've took less then and got maxed out now to balance things out.
Couldn't have said it better myself, Zik. Very eloquently put. Woodson has gotten somewhat of the short end with Dolan's histrionics and instability, but for a coach known for defense, he's left much to be desired. Although the coach can't help the fact the Knicks lack long-term assets in relation to picks. Hopefully that doesn't force unnecessary or unfair pressure on THJ and Shump, the latter already has quite a bit earlier in the season before the Texas road trip backing critics off. Melo does need more help and pieces starting with stable PG play, someone like Beverley would be perfect defensively and not requiring a high volume of shots. Amar'e's contract and knees are a debilitating enigma.

Knicks need Charlie V. Dude exudes NY.

Didn't wanna go to Kansas cause he was afraid of tornadoes. Took Detroit's money and chilled :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom