Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
Much respect to all the knick fam first and foremost, but for the love of everything stop with these stupid ESPN trade machine trades, like Dolan isn't trolling and wouldn't do one of the dumb trades. Cats starting to sound like Broussard at this point.

If anything, Celtics are selling. Not taking on more expensive contracts.

I expect Boston to move Green and Bass at the right price.

Yea they are but they'd want prime assets for rondo an we don't have it even with a 3rd team helpin out I'm resolute to praying they know what there doing with the projected 2015 cap space an 2015 1st rounder

Yea they are but they'd want prime assets for rondo an we don't have it even with a 3rd team helpin out I'm resolute to praying they know what there doing with the projected 2015 cap space an 2015 1st rounder
Boston's brass and fans confuse me. Rondo is their centerpiece. Whatever problems lingering with KG, Pierce, and Allen left when all three shipped out of town. He's a franchise PG. Stevens looks to be a good, young coach. Get assets for Bass and Green. Rebuild around...

Rondo - Bradley - SF - Sully - Olynyk

Last edited:
Boston's brass and fans confuse me. Rondo is their centerpiece. Whatever problems lingering with KG, Pierce, and Allen left when all three shipped out of town. He's a franchise PG. Stevens looks to be a good, young coach. Get assets for Bass and Green. Rebuild around...

Rondo - Bradley - SF - Sully - Olynyk

Substitute olynyk for embiid now we got something special

Can we just stop talking about Hardaway JR being traded. He's not going anywhere. It's extremely rare to see good rookies get traded.
i'd hate to see the guy go 'cause i think he's one of THE best rookies in the league, but he's not untradeable, especially considering how the knicks are more than wiling to give in to other teams' trade demands. who's to say he's not going anywhere? this terrible management is capable of doing anything to further ruin the team

i'd hate to see the guy go 'cause i think he's one of THE best rookies in the league, but he's not untradeable, especially considering how the knicks are more than wiling to give in to other teams' trade demands. who's to say he's not going anywhere? this terrible management is capable of doing anything to further ruin the team

They bent over for Denver in the Melo deal he could've came as a FA cause he always preffered the Knicks over he nets

yeah man against the don's wishes too. dude knew what he was doing, but noooo they overules his *** then ran him outta town

look at the pacers now. and then look at the knicks 
mean.gif

i agree you cant trade thjr unless its for a superstar... it would be dumb to trade him for lowry or even faried but if you can trade him for a really good player than why not... i remember when we wouldnt trade channing frye because he was a promising player and then became trash after that... and im not a fan of any of the nuggets we traded... but i will say this ill will>shump... hopefully we can make a trade this year and we dont give up too much...

Can we just stop talking about Hardaway JR being traded. He's not going anywhere. It's extremely rare to see good rookies get traded.

And I don't wanna hear this "but we're the knicks, we trade good young players" ****. it's gotten old. The cynicism is played out and the jokes not funny anymore. The last time we traded a promising young player it was David Lee as a restricted free agent for Amare, whose arrival to NY changed our franchise.

Edit: and I know we traded all those players for Melo, but Will, Gallo, Moz, Anthony Randolph, etc. were never going to be all-stars. Hardaway has that ceiling. And those players got us one of the top talents in the game.
:lol: I'm sorry but this reads like a Knicks fan over valuing one of their own again. I don't see THJR's ceiling as an all star right now and there's really nothing stopping dude from being traded especially if it's a package deal for a superstar.

This team needs to get better. Fans are gonna keep coming with trade scenarios to see that happen no matter who is involved for the most part.

a lot of you seem to struggle with understanding player growth and potential, in addition to the significance of a good rookie on a cheap rookie contract.

Derozan averaged less points in more mins than Hardaway did his rookie year, and this year is an All-Star dropping 23 a game.

All-Star potential =/= Superstar ASG starter. And it doesn't even mean he definitely will ever crack an all-star team. It just means that its possible. Hardaway has a sweet stroke from 3, great instincts going to the rim, and will be able to score off the dribble which is huge.

Next reason why you don't trade him is because in 2015 we have a team option on him for only 1.3 mil. You know what 1.3 million gets you in free agency? Basically the Veterans minimum. And then on top of that you have his BIRD RIGHTS. So, if he does reach his ceiling of about a 20 PPG scorer or so (and by the way, guys that have even have just the potential for that don't grow on trees) when we're capped the **** out from hopefully a successful 2015 offseason, you don't have to worry about ever not being able to pay him enough because of salary cap restrictions or another team outbidding you.

We saw what happened when we "played it safe" and gave up all of our assets to acquire Melo and were left with a trash supporting cast. IMO the best way to do this free agent destination thing is a combination of free agency and bird rights on young players. And Dolan's deep pockets will be willing to pay ridiculous taxes to make it happen.

I'd rather take risks to try building a championship team than get stuck in mediocrity and 1st/2nd round exits to complete teams like the Heat and Pacers.

Last edited:
What the hell do you see in Hardaway Jr. that says All-Star?

He shoots very well and can't do anything else.

Gallo and Wilson both had more to their game than Hardaway Jr. How about we just let the man shoot his threes and see what happens. And even if he does get traded so what. You can find another shooter in the draft. And maybe that guy will be able to play defense too.

What the hell do you see in Hardaway Jr. that says All-Star?

He shoots very well and can't do anything else.

Gallo and Wilson both had more to their game than Hardaway Jr. How about we just let the man shoot his threes and see what happens. And even if he does get traded so what. You can find another shooter in the draft. And maybe that guy will be able to play defense too.

Last edited:
Nice dunk. Yeah he runs the court well. Doesn't say all-star in the least though. And yeah we are short on picks, that I did forget somehow. Either way what I'm trying to say is we have a habit of overvaluing players just because they show a little something. Don't let your personal expectations or attachments to a guy throw your judgement off. How about we just let him develop and see what happens instead of instantly saying he'll hit stardom.

And I don't wanna hear this "but we're the knicks, we trade good young players" ****. it's gotten old. The cynicism is played out and the jokes not funny anymore. The last time we traded a promising young player it was David Lee as a restricted free agent for Amare, whose arrival to NY changed our franchise.

Edit: and I know we traded all those players for Melo, but Will, Gallo, Moz, Anthony Randolph, etc. were never going to be all-stars. Hardaway has that ceiling. And those players got us one of the top talents in the game.
:lol: I'm sorry but this reads like a Knicks fan over valuing one of their own again. I don't see THJR's ceiling as an all star right now and there's really nothing stopping dude from being traded especially if it's a package deal for a superstar.

This team needs to get better. Fans are gonna keep coming with trade scenarios to see that happen no matter who is involved for the most part.

a lot of you seem to struggle with understanding player growth and potential, in addition to the significance of a good rookie on a cheap rookie contract.
What I understand is this team doesn't do well at developing players or getting them to reach their full potential, especially with the coaches and seasons we've had.

I don't care about DeRozan or any other comparisons you want to make. I'm not equating all-star potential to a superstar asg starter. I'm talking about even making the all star team as a reserve. I'm not seeing it right now.

Next reason why you don't trade him is because in 2015 we have a team option on him for only 1.3 mil. You know what 1.3 million gets you in free agency? Basically the Veterans minimum. And then on top of that you have his BIRD RIGHTS. So, if he does reach his ceiling of about a 20 PPG scorer or so (and by the way, guys that have even have just the potential for that don't grow on trees) when we're capped the **** out from hopefully a successful 2015 offseason, you don't have to worry about ever not being able to pay him enough because of salary cap restrictions or another team outbidding you.
This sounds like a bunch of good reasons why another team would want him if he's packaged in a deal for a star pg.

We saw what happened when we "played it safe" and gave up all of our assets to acquire Melo and were left with a trash supporting cast. IMO the best way to do this free agent destination thing is a combination of free agency and bird rights on young players. And Dolan's deep pockets will be willing to pay ridiculous taxes to make it happen.
:lol: Even as a joke when the **** do we play it safe? We traded all those players for Melo cuz Dolan was impatient and didn't want to take the risk and Melo refused to make a commitment because he wanted the most money possible.

I'd rather take risks to try building a championship team than get stuck in mediocrity and 1st/2nd round exits to complete teams like the Heat and Pacers.
Like I said fans are gonna suggest ways they want the team to be better, through trades, FA signings, or rebuilding with what little we'll get from the draft. You can't tell dudes not to post what they think will make the team better. Not everybody agrees with you :lol:

Also what THJR did in that vid is not something special in this league.

Last edited:
Yep I've been on sort of a break from this thread, now people wanna debate my points with fallacies and things that sound like they're rebuttals, but they aren't and neglect the points I'm actually trying to make :lol:

Threads fallen off since a lot of regulars who made this thread dope for years stopped posting or barely post, and I'm gunna join them.

Official '13-14 NYK Trade Machine Thread :lol:

I'll be back whenever we have a good win or a change happens in our team.

I don't want Phil to coach. He's too old. I would't mind him as the GM though.

I think JVG gets the job.

Not a fan of moving both Shump and Hardaway Jr.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom