Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
That's who I be jelly watching and I do and don't enjoy watching them because of that.

I watch LMA play and just sigh. Don't even get me started on what Lillard turned out to be and then you got solid guys like Batum and Matthews. I can't be too mad though, that franchise went through a lot injury wise.

Plus they got my fellow UK rep Freeland :lol:

The real Svelton :smh:

Honestly Felton should've been better than what he is. The early Charlotte Bobcats was not the place to be in terms of development. And he hasn't done much to correct his flaws post-Charlotte either.

Next 5 games:

Philly
Charlotte
Lakers
Celtics
Cleveland

If we can somehow win those and steal one against Miami we will be right where we need to be. But we are the knicks so I wouldn't be surprised if we lost all these games. twice.

Not a Knicks fan, so I'm just curious, now that it's been sometime and you guys can compare, what's your opinions of D'antoni as a coach. I remember the hate being strong, real strong last year and a lot of praise for Woodson. I never thought of Woodson as a good coach, just in my opinion. But what's your opinion of D'antoni now?
I dont think anyones opinion from NY has changed. He sucked when he was here, and still sucks in LA.

It is fire sale time. Trade and unload EVERYONE !!!
Lets get some draft pics and salary cap space. Let the Heat and Pacers rock for the next 2 or 3 championships. After that, we will be the new reigning dynasty.

Honestly Felton should've been better than what he is. The early Charlotte Bobcats was not the place to be in terms of development. And he hasn't done much to correct his flaws post-Charlotte either.
Put him on a team that runs an offense and he doesn't have to have the ball in his hands creating like he's CP3 and he's serviceable offensively. But man, he is not Chris Paul, stop giving him such a long leash and expecting him to make plays out of nothing.

Descartes has a quote that I'll paraphrase because I don't remember it exactly, in regards to error: basically, when your desire of knowledge exceeds what you're capable of understanding, error occurs. And that's the problem with Ray. Woodson is expecting this guy to do more than he's capable of.

D'Antoni is only as good as his point guard.

yeah was just coming in to post this

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbad...kers-set-records-as-nbas-most-valuable-teams/
[h1]AS STERN SAYS GOODBYE, KNICKS, LAKERS SET RECORDS AS NBA'S MOST VALUABLE TEAMS[/h1]
The average NBA franchise is worth (equity plus debt) $634 million, up 25% over last year. Collectively the 30 teams are worth $19 billion versus $400 million in 1984 when there were 23 teams. Stern has served his owners well. Under his watch, every team built or completely renovated their home arena leading to total gate receipts of $1.3 billion last season. He pushed through a salary cap starting with the 1984-85 season that helped owners turn a profit and level the playing field (the cap has increased from $3.6 million to $58.7 million this season). With some help from Nike, Stern’s idea of marketing of individual star players—Jordan, Kobe, LeBron—created global celebrities and fueled interest in the game (see “Kobe, LeBron Lead NBA’s Highest-Paid Players“).

No team has benefited more than the New York Knicks. The NBA’s most valuable team for a second straight year, the Knicks are now worth $1.4 billion, up 27% from a year ago. A three-year, $1 billion renovation of Madison Square Garden pushed the Knicks’ revenue to $287 million, net of revenue sharing, last season. The Knicks’ average TV rating on the MSG Network was 3.1, up 71% from the previous season, as the team made the second round of the playoffs for the first time since 2000 (both the Knicks and MSG are owned by publicly traded Madison Square Garden Company). The playoff run and arena renovation helped the Knicks generate operating income (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) of $96 million–a record for an NBA franchise.

#1 KNICKS

Current value: $1.4 billion
Revenue*: $287 million
Operating profit*: $96 million

+

Last edited:
Seatgeek has an abundance of tickets to tonight's game for $25-35, pretty much all good seats

Just a heads up

Thanks for the heads up. Just bought a bunch of tix for my team at work.

Descartes has a quote that I'll paraphrase because I don't remember it exactly, in regards to error: basically, when your desire of knowledge exceeds what you're capable of understanding, error occurs. And that's the problem with Ray. Woodson is expecting this guy to do more than he's capable of.

It's from Third Mediation,

The finitude of the intellect along with this seeming infinitude of the will is the source of human error. For errors arise when the will exceeds the understanding such that something laying beyond the limits of the understanding is voluntarily affirmed or denied.

Last edited:
D'Antoni still sucks. 2004-05 Suns tho??? :smokin
A damn decade ago.

FLUKE

What's that you say a pg with potential that doesn't already have the all-star skills didn't develop under Pringles the offensive genius coach?

But I digress, **** Felton. He sucks balls.

A damn decade ago.

FLUKE
What's that you say a pg with potential that doesn't already have the all-star skills didn't develop under Pringles the offensive genius coach?

But I digress, **** Felton. He sucks balls.

Idk man 62-20 doesn't look like a fluke that was a damn good team. D'Antoni still sucks tho oh and so does Felton :x

_'Antoni was running an offense that the league had never seen before with probably the most capable PG ever for his cranked up offensive ideology.

Couple that with Amar'e who was Blake Griffin 1.0 at the time and the best on the ball defender in the game (Raja Bell) and you're gonna get good results......in the regular season at least.

The playoffs are a totally different beastl and as we all saw in NY, he has no idea what to do in a half-court centric grind it out battle.

_'Antoni is great with the pick and roll and a masterful PG coach but he has NO IDEA how to use big men or coach defense....plus he's a bit of a douchebag.

Never a fan of 'Antoni, no D, but y'all gotta admit he had Felton and Stat looking good in the initial 'BC' run.... (before Carmelo)

Never a fan of 'Antoni, no D, but y'all gotta admit he had Felton and Stat looking good in the initial 'BC' run.... (before Carmelo)

Amare looked great that first season. What happened after? Will forever think he ran him into the ground.

Amare looked great that first season. What happened after? Will forever think he ran him into the ground.

1. messed up his back goofing around on the lay up line in the first round vs. Boston and was never really the same after that
2. punched glass
3. his knees were never going to last the life of his contract

Don't blame MDA for Stat. Blame the knicks FO for offering a contract no one else would.

@HerringWSJ: Woodson: "Switching didn't hurt us [Monday]. We switched 37 times, they scored eight times."

Yeah they "scored" eight times, but they definitely gave up 20+ points and gave up many more open shots that were missed.

Back
Top Bottom