NY METS 2011 POST: Jose Reyes wins National League Batting Crown

We have to do what ever to keep Reyes. I have come to terms that he most likely will be traded. But there is no fair market value for him. I don't want to ever see him wear a Yankee or Phils jersey in my life. I wish we Omar just Reyes contract negotiation.

Mets won't be able to afford him, some of you don't realize how much the Wilpons lost financially.

...and even if Reyes does come back, 100+ M for a leadoff guy? Guy can be electric but unless we have pitching we'll have a record below .500.

Team needs some depth, either let him walk for a high pick or trade him for some pitching. Beltran too of course.

Mets won't be able to afford him, some of you don't realize how much the Wilpons lost financially.

...and even if Reyes does come back, 100+ M for a leadoff guy? Guy can be electric but unless we have pitching we'll have a record below .500.

Team needs some depth, either let him walk for a high pick or trade him for some pitching. Beltran too of course.

Yeah, going to be all but impossible to keep Reyes. Unless he's crazy enough to take less to sign with us and that will not be the case. That's why we have to try and get as much as possible for him. And we should be able to get a lot.

Yeah, going to be all but impossible to keep Reyes. Unless he's crazy enough to take less to sign with us and that will not be the case. That's why we have to try and get as much as possible for him. And we should be able to get a lot.

Guys even though we might start to get on a roll, and reach .500 and above. Please DO NOT BELIEVE THE HYPE.
We do this every year, suck at the start of the season and make a run til the ASB, then suck afterwards. Hopefully management sees it the same way, and trades Ryes/Tran for good prospects/young players. Even if Santana comes back and does well, this team will not win anything, we need to break this up and rebuild.

Guys even though we might start to get on a roll, and reach .500 and above. Please DO NOT BELIEVE THE HYPE.
We do this every year, suck at the start of the season and make a run til the ASB, then suck afterwards. Hopefully management sees it the same way, and trades Ryes/Tran for good prospects/young players. Even if Santana comes back and does well, this team will not win anything, we need to break this up and rebuild.

No hits for Ethier.
pimp.gif

W.

My friends and I went to Mets game. I am the only guy who is a die hard Mets fan in my group. My friends are Yankees fans. Figure that part.
30t6p3b.gif
They wanted to check out Citi Field. They were impressed and enjoyed watching the game. They told me that Citi Field is too way small for NYC. Ain't surprised about that part. 
I took some pictures with HTC Evo. You can check out the pictures in the spoiler.

Spoiler [+]
258b77l.jpg
2ntxovp.jpg
169i6ow.jpg
34rydef.jpg
30t1c2d.jpg

My friends and I went to Mets game. I am the only guy who is a die hard Mets fan in my group. My friends are Yankees fans. Figure that part.
30t6p3b.gif
They wanted to check out Citi Field. They were impressed and enjoyed watching the game. They told me that Citi Field is too way small for NYC. Ain't surprised about that part. 
I took some pictures with HTC Evo. You can check out the pictures in the spoiler.

Spoiler [+]
258b77l.jpg
2ntxovp.jpg
169i6ow.jpg
34rydef.jpg
30t1c2d.jpg

Was also at the park tonight. Justin Turner with the 2 run single to win it was awesome. Perfect night to go with Ethier's streak ending and the Seinfeld giveaway along with the Soup Nazi and Jerry Stiller!!!!!

Was also at the park tonight. Justin Turner with the 2 run single to win it was awesome. Perfect night to go with Ethier's streak ending and the Seinfeld giveaway along with the Soup Nazi and Jerry Stiller!!!!!

The Apple
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

went for my birthday last year with all Yankee fans and they all had a blast. we saw the entire stadium even the clubs. sooo much better than Yankee Stadium.

sweep LA today? lets get it.

The Apple
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

went for my birthday last year with all Yankee fans and they all had a blast. we saw the entire stadium even the clubs. sooo much better than Yankee Stadium.

sweep LA today? lets get it.

I've been on the blow it up train for awhile, however I've changed my mind, FOR NOW AT LEAST.

Bottom line is, even though there's no surefire shot, that we're a a legit team to make the PO with this core. I'm leaning to keeping Wright/Santana/Reyes(for a reasonable deal), simply because it's extremely difficult to find top 3 SS/3B in this game.If we're able to resign Reyes, we should keep this core, and use 2012 as our deciding year. If Santana comes back and plays well, during the 2nd half of 2011 til 2012, than that's very encouraging. If the rest of the rotation does well in 2012 and we finish 84 + wins, than we should try to ADD talent rather than dismantle it.

Sure this is wishful thinking, however it's not unrealistic to believe it can't happen. Looking at our possible team next year, we have 2 above average pitchers in Santana(provided he's able to rebound from injury) and Niese,while three mediocre ones in Dickey/Pelf/Gee. We would have a decent lineup, however a major hole at RF. Pridie our 2012 RF?
As I said earlier, it all depends our Reyes, and how we fare in 2012. If we can't Reyes, blow this up. If we're able to keep Reyes, yet we stink in 2012, blow it up. If not, keep this nucleus, and try to add more talent. If everything goes right, we should be a legit PO team by 2014 maybe 2013.

Thoughts?

I've been on the blow it up train for awhile, however I've changed my mind, FOR NOW AT LEAST.

Bottom line is, even though there's no surefire shot, that we're a a legit team to make the PO with this core. I'm leaning to keeping Wright/Santana/Reyes(for a reasonable deal), simply because it's extremely difficult to find top 3 SS/3B in this game.If we're able to resign Reyes, we should keep this core, and use 2012 as our deciding year. If Santana comes back and plays well, during the 2nd half of 2011 til 2012, than that's very encouraging. If the rest of the rotation does well in 2012 and we finish 84 + wins, than we should try to ADD talent rather than dismantle it.

Sure this is wishful thinking, however it's not unrealistic to believe it can't happen. Looking at our possible team next year, we have 2 above average pitchers in Santana(provided he's able to rebound from injury) and Niese,while three mediocre ones in Dickey/Pelf/Gee. We would have a decent lineup, however a major hole at RF. Pridie our 2012 RF?
As I said earlier, it all depends our Reyes, and how we fare in 2012. If we can't Reyes, blow this up. If we're able to keep Reyes, yet we stink in 2012, blow it up. If not, keep this nucleus, and try to add more talent. If everything goes right, we should be a legit PO team by 2014 maybe 2013.

Thoughts?

We need a shopper for Jason bay.this dude has been the worst signing in met history.him and David wrong are like twins out there.both look lost and I hope both are gone mid year.

We need a shopper for Jason bay.this dude has been the worst signing in met history.him and David wrong are like twins out there.both look lost and I hope both are gone mid year.

with the way the bats are going, i dont understand why they wont drop David in the lineup. Reyes, Murph, Beltran, Ike, David, Bay. make it happen Terry!!

with the way the bats are going, i dont understand why they wont drop David in the lineup. Reyes, Murph, Beltran, Ike, David, Bay. make it happen Terry!!

Back
Top Bottom