NY METS 2011 POST: Jose Reyes wins National League Batting Crown

tired.gif

Longest losing streak in 7 years.

3rd worst start in franchise history.

Swept in a double-header for the 2nd time in 3 days.

Only 2 hits in the 2nd game.

And oh yeah, Lenny Dykstra is in jail.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

On the bright side, Bay could be back as early as tuesday.
grin.gif

tired.gif

Longest losing streak in 7 years.

3rd worst start in franchise history.

Swept in a double-header for the 2nd time in 3 days.

Only 2 hits in the 2nd game.

And oh yeah, Lenny Dykstra is in jail.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

On the bright side, Bay could be back as early as tuesday.
grin.gif

I don't even feel miserable cause of the Knicks right now(thought I would never say that)
But once that season over. It's back to convincing people I'm not an alcoholic again

I don't even feel miserable cause of the Knicks right now(thought I would never say that)
But once that season over. It's back to convincing people I'm not an alcoholic again

Anyone catch how when he pulled pelf out the game he didn't even look at him once Lulz.people never learn that the coach won't make any kinda difference with this core of soft baseball players. That whole met team is soft and passive.don't resign reyes and trade wright.they had more than enough time to make something happen and failed.

Anyone catch how when he pulled pelf out the game he didn't even look at him once Lulz.people never learn that the coach won't make any kinda difference with this core of soft baseball players. That whole met team is soft and passive.don't resign reyes and trade wright.they had more than enough time to make something happen and failed.

If it's gonna be bad, which the realistic fan knew it would be, at least it's horrendous.  Only one way to go from here, and that's up...

If it's gonna be bad, which the realistic fan knew it would be, at least it's horrendous.  Only one way to go from here, and that's up...

Originally Posted by d3simet

Originally Posted by youngin33

Tulowitzki has been hitting extremely well since September 2010. It's nice to see Reyes hitting a home run. It's been ages. Any news about Jason Bay?
It was reported earlier this week that he wouldn't be back for another couple of weeks at least, but according to him, he will be back earlier.  It's rough whenever there's a timetable with a Met injury. 

Thanks, brah. Just found out that Fernando Martinez is on DL once again. I don't know if I want the Mets to keep him or trade him.
30t6p3b.gif

F-Mart has been nothing but a disappointment.  At one point we MAY have been able to get a somewhat established player for him and now that is completely gone.  What's also sad is the fact that our farm system is bone dry, there is no glimmer of hope for the near future it seems. 

Tulowitzki has been hitting extremely well since September 2010. It's nice to see Reyes hitting a home run. It's been ages. Any news about Jason Bay?
It was reported earlier this week that he wouldn't be back for another couple of weeks at least, but according to him, he will be back earlier.  It's rough whenever there's a timetable with a Met injury. 

Thanks, brah. Just found out that Fernando Martinez is on DL once again. I don't know if I want the Mets to keep him or trade him.
30t6p3b.gif

F-Mart has been nothing but a disappointment.  At one point we MAY have been able to get a somewhat established player for him and now that is completely gone.  What's also sad is the fact that our farm system is bone dry, there is no glimmer of hope for the near future it seems. 

We have the right guys up top to get things fixed when its all said and done, and although things don't look good to start I still look for the positives especially with development. I still expect guys like Neise and Pelf to have solid seasons, Wright/Ike to have good seasons, etc. Losing close games stinks and they were mainly due to the bullpen the past several games, but yesterday they just laid an egg.

You are going to have to really think long term.

We have the right guys up top to get things fixed when its all said and done, and although things don't look good to start I still look for the positives especially with development. I still expect guys like Neise and Pelf to have solid seasons, Wright/Ike to have good seasons, etc. Losing close games stinks and they were mainly due to the bullpen the past several games, but yesterday they just laid an egg.

You are going to have to really think long term.

It is way too early to talk about moving Big Pelf in my opinion. He had a solid year overall last year and has had a rough start, but this whole pitching staff has and he is pitching out of place going up against most team's front line pitcher. He is clearly not an Ace, and nobody really said he was. He's a solid 3 starter in my opinion and we should not give up on him this soon into the season.

With all this said, I do smell a fire sale coming up a la the Florida Marlins in 98 and 04(I think that's when they dismantled the teams after winning their World Series') And I wouldn't be surprised if neither Reyes nor Wright were on this team next season.

It is way too early to talk about moving Big Pelf in my opinion. He had a solid year overall last year and has had a rough start, but this whole pitching staff has and he is pitching out of place going up against most team's front line pitcher. He is clearly not an Ace, and nobody really said he was. He's a solid 3 starter in my opinion and we should not give up on him this soon into the season.

With all this said, I do smell a fire sale coming up a la the Florida Marlins in 98 and 04(I think that's when they dismantled the teams after winning their World Series') And I wouldn't be surprised if neither Reyes nor Wright were on this team next season.

Yet I got killed for saying, we might have to move Wright. 
eyes.gif

W/ that said, I do think we'll get better and eventually skirt around the .500 mark, I believe we should look into making basically everyone available to give up.

Yet I got killed for saying, we might have to move Wright. 
eyes.gif

W/ that said, I do think we'll get better and eventually skirt around the .500 mark, I believe we should look into making basically everyone available to give up.

Back
Top Bottom