NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

I finally purchased a gun. This is my first firearm.

Sig Sauer 522

I've read a lot of good reviews on it but wanted to hear what NT experts had to say. Cost $500. Came with iron sights. I bought a strap for it for $25. Takes .22 caliber bullets.

From what I've seen on YouTube, low recoil, accurate, and very rarely malfunctions. I like the fold-able stock too.

I finally purchased a gun. This is my first firearm.

Sig Sauer 522

I've read a lot of good reviews on it but wanted to hear what NT experts had to say. Cost $500. Came with iron sights. I bought a strap for it for $25. Takes .22 caliber bullets.

From what I've seen on YouTube, low recoil, accurate, and very rarely malfunctions. I like the fold-able stock too.

Still better than nothing.

Still better than nothing.

[COLOR=#red]Frank it is his first firearm, and the .22 platform is an EXCELLENT choice for getting familiar with firearms. At least he's not that guy who goes out and buys the most powerful firearm he can find just for his first weapon just because he can. Sorta like the guys who buy a Hayabusa for their first motorcycle ever.

And to be honest the reason why I shoot so well with both hands is because I learned firearm principles on a piddly BB gun, then I graduated to a .22.

All that to say great first firearm purchase Mr.P .22 is relatively cheap and that will allow you to get more trigger time and practice more. Perhaps after awhile you may want to try something different, but if not you should be good.[/COLOR]

i know i learned how to shoot on a bolt action .22 and it was perfect. when i have a little more disposable income i'd like to pick one up for just going to the range when i have the urge.

I wasn't trying to come off as an elitest, but just stating it's better than nothing due to the crazy prices right now....

.22 is about all that's left at sub $600 if you can even find them.

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]Frank it is his first firearm, and the .22 platform is an EXCELLENT choice for getting familiar with firearms. At least he's not that guy who goes out and buys the most powerful firearm he can find just for his first weapon just because he can. Sorta like the guys who buy a Hayabusa for their first motorcycle ever.

And to be honest the reason why I shoot so well with both hands is because I learned firearm principles on a piddly BB gun, then I graduated to a .22.

All that to say great first firearm purchase Mr.P .22 is relatively cheap and that will allow you to get more trigger time and practice more. Perhaps after awhile you may want to try something different, but if not you should be good.[/COLOR]

:lol:

Thanks. That's exactly why I bought it. Seemed like a good gun to start with and it seems to be fairly tactical, accurate, and reliable...obviously not overpowering with .22 ammo...and cheap to shoot.

All guns are dangerous...especially if you know what you're doing.

Why does it seem like it's hard to find .22LR ammo though?

I'm having problems with my Uzi :frown: I lubricated and cleaned it up today. Took it to the range and when I fire it, the first bullet leaves successfully but in some cases, the following bullet goes in the chamber and the 3rd bullet will jump in the way and jam the gun up.

To fix it, i have to take the mag out, and manually removes the bullets.

Is it the gun itself, the mag or maybe even the brand of bullets?

even finding 9mm is hard

[COLOR=#red]Yeah bro. I'm down to my defense loads now. That means no more recreational shooting unless the ammunition market goes back to normal...which I highly doubt. I have enough ammo to defend my self for all my weapons, and I'm going to hold on to that small stash.[/COLOR]

I'm having problems with my Uzi :frown: I lubricated and cleaned it up today. Took it to the range and when I fire it, the first bullet leaves successfully but in some cases, the following bullet goes in the chamber and the 3rd bullet will jump in the way and jam the gun up.

To fix it, i have to take the mag out, and manually removes the bullets.

Is it the gun itself, the mag or maybe even the brand of bullets?

[COLOR=#red]Miami, I have absolutely ZERO knowledge of Uzi's as far as shooting them and common issues they may have. I'll search around the 'innanet' to see what I can find bro.[/COLOR]

Going to take the MA Firearms class next week so I can get my permit. Any suggestions as a good first pistol to get? I've been to the range a few times and have shot a bunch of different guns. I've shot a Beretta 9mm the most and feel most comfortable with that. Is that a good firearm for a first time buyer?? Any input is appreciated.

^ hits matter, and better to have the .380 you carry, rather than the .45 that gets left in the nightstand drawer.

realistically and practically, assuming those 2 you posted are .380, that should be plenty good for defense. I know most will say 9mm minimum for self defense, but shot placement is always going to be more important than caliber.

have you looked at kahrs or the smith and wesson m&p shield? The kahrs are interesting; small, single stack, and they even make one in .45. Ive been thinking about adding a small pistol

^ thanks for the suggestions guys. I was leaning more towards the Beretta only because Ive shot it 7 or 8 times more than anything else. I'll look into the ones you guys posted and go from there.

^ thanks for the suggestions guys. I was leaning more towards the Beretta only because Ive shot it 7 or 8 times more than anything else. I'll look into the ones you guys posted and go from there.
Is this handgun for concealed carry or home defense?  If its for home defense, don't worry about the size of it rather if it feels good in your hand and if you can operate it comfortably.  If you're allowed to carry concealed in MA and you choose to do so, then you would want a smallish handgun.

Shot a CZ bolt action 22 at the range yesterday. It was fun and I'm contemplating picking up a ruger takedown plus it a hell of a lot cheaper to shoot than my xd40

Is this handgun for concealed carry or home defense?  If its for home defense, don't worry about the size of it rather if it feels good in your hand and if you can operate it comfortably.  If you're allowed to carry concealed in MA and you choose to do so, then you would want a smallish handgun.

It would be for home defense. In MA you can carry a concealed weapon, if I did end up doing that I would get something smaller.

It would be for home defense. In MA you can carry a concealed weapon, if I did end up doing that I would get something smaller.
Then the Beretta you mentioned sounds fine.  They make quality firearms so just get whatever model fits your situation and needs the best.

Man I wish I had enough money to afford a real HK416

I might have to settle with the .22lr version for range and maybe home defense use.

closest thing to a hk 416 civi's can get is the mr556. before this mess they were going for well over $2300. I cant imagine what they're hitting for now, but i'd guess for over $4k.

The last few weeks have been ridic. Finally went to the range (first time in 3 months or so) to run a quick 50 through my carry gun. I've been relatively lucky finding ammo. Bought a 500 rd case of winchester ranger 147's for $200 shipped, been finding boxes here and there online for a few bucks more than the pre-madness prices. I've got a decent stash of shotgun, 556/223, and 9mm. Found some .45 online for 21 a box a few weeks ago and bought a few hundred rounds. I don't own a .45 gun.

I sold my 'good' AR last night (DD upper, LMT lower) and some mags and ammo locally for $1700. I should have sold it 3 weeks ago for $2000, but i certainly got my money back, and gave a local dude a damned good deal. I don't shoot them enough to justify 2 (though i do have spare bolt, RE, buffer/spring) and i do have another stripped lower just in case.

Used the money to order a Springfield Range Officer off gunbroker. just bought a few upgrades and parts for it (CMC and Wilson combat mags, Magwell guide, N82 tactical holster). Going to use some of the money for a training class this spring, and some for reloading supplies (and I'm actually going to start reloading just as soon as components become available).

Rifle is cool and stops threats better, but in my situation i'm much more likely to have a pistol within reach or on me.

Good deal! I hope I can sell my UZI for around $1000, I see the new ones going for $1300, I bought mine brand new for $500. The hype is real.

But quick question, why is the ammo so hard to find nowadays? Even if they ban assault rifles, does that include bullets too? Like .223, NATO and 22LR? Why is the ammo drying up?

Back
Top Bottom