NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Did you guys see that the online news website in New York did? They posted names and address online of every registered gun owner in 2 of their counties. SMH so wrong.

I read about it earlier. And they are sticking to their decision to keep it posted :smh:

[COLOR=#red]Gentlemen, hypothetically speaking, let's say there was a mandate stating you could only have ONE firearm with no exception...What out of your current collection would you keep?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Gentlemen, hypothetically speaking, let's say there was a mandate stating you could only have ONE firearm with no exception...What out of your current collection would you keep?[/COLOR]

I too just became a gun owner so only have one in the collection, but hypothetically speaking I'd go with a Sig 516 SBR.

On another note after a trip to the range and having a difficult time shooting a rifle, I figured out that I am cross eye dominant, with a dominant left eye but shoot right handed. I tried switching to my weaker eye but just can't get a good sight from it, which leaves me to possibly learn to shoot with my left hand.

Has anyone ever dealt with this or have any pointers to help me out?

[COLOR=#red]Supposedly the guy behind the decision to put that information out is a gun owner himself and he conveniently left his name off the list. :smh:[/COLOR]

:smh:

I too just became a gun owner so only have one in the collection, but hypothetically speaking I'd go with a Sig 516 SBR.
On another note after a trip to the range and having a difficult time shooting a rifle, I figured out that I am cross eye dominant, with a dominant left eye but shoot right handed. I tried switching to my weaker eye but just can't get a good sight from it, which leaves me to possibly learn to shoot with my left hand.
Has anyone ever dealt with this or have any pointers to help me out?

Keep both eyes open when looking down your sights or through your optics.

Last edited:

i only have one gun as well, just a wasr. it's never had an issue after 1k+ rounds and 2 cleanings. i know it's not top of the line but it's reliable as anything else out there so i'm happy with it. if i could go back i'd get a legit maadi folder (not the crappy half Chinese ones) i just like ak's, i've shot alot of guns but my 500 dollar wasr is the most fun to me. i always wanted something that shoots .308 though.

if a ar ban happens the next rifle i get will be a marlin guide gun w/ a scope to play with long range. .45-70 packs a punch too.

Last edited:
I only have one gun too a xd40. I was waiting for my wedding and honeymoon to pass to pick up a AR or ,but now I wish I would have picked it up. Especially with these prices that people are starting to charge. Saw a S&W AR on calguns and the guy wanted $5000 for it

Ehh, I'd keep my current carry piece, FDE FNP-9. Pistol is more versatile, its the gun I have the most experience with.

Then I'd trade it towards a Springfield operator TRP. If I could only own 1 gun, gotta go with an American classic.

Some things worth truly protecting in here. Good looking kids eaalto & richiecotite

Also I'm not sure if everyone heard but John Noveske of Noveske Rifleworks passed away last Friday in a car crash. :frown:|I

Well the M&P is a little big to ccw all the time so I'm going big and keeping the AR.

From this past weekend.

Some things worth truly protecting in here. Good looking kids eaalto & richiecotite
Also I'm not sure if everyone heard but John Noveske of Noveske Rifleworks passed away last Friday in a car crash. :frown:|I
Well the M&P is a little big to ccw all the time so I'm going big and keeping the AR.
From this past weekend.

Wes that you?

Benz0 here

Quick question my buddy who I'm stationed with has a brand new FNX-9 it's brand new never been fired and he's selling it for cheap. Has anyone had any experience with this gun or company. All help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Quick question my buddy who I'm stationed with has a brand new FNX-9 it's brand new never been fired and he's selling it for cheap. Has anyone had any experience with this gun or company. All help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

FNH is a great company, buy with confidence.

i guess in a few minutes we'll officially hear obama's plan. Seems like i've been hearing closing of the gunshow loophole, magazine capacity restriction, and 'reinstitution of the AWB' whatever all that entails, baning of 'military style' firearms.

Let me ask you fine brethren, what do you think will pass in the next couple of months?

I think the 'gun show loophole' (private sales between citizens) will be shot down, mag cap is coming, don't know much else beyond.

Another, related question. How often are ya'll getting to the range? I honestly havent shot since November, between a new baby, relatively new house, the holidays, buying a new minivan (come at me bros!:tongue:), and work I just don't have the time to make it out there. I probably dry fire twice a week for 10 minutes per. With the new price of ammo and lack of availability, i might never get into rifle shooting like i would like to, and wont even get to practice pistol like i had been a few months ago.

i guess in a few minutes we'll officially hear obama's plan. Seems like i've been hearing closing of the gunshow loophole, magazine capacity restriction, and 'reinstitution of the AWB' whatever all that entails, baning of 'military style' firearms.

Let me ask you fine brethren, what do you think will pass in the next couple of months?

I think the 'gun show loophole' (private sales between citizens) will be shot down, mag cap is coming, don't know much else beyond.

Another, related question. How often are ya'll getting to the range? I honestly havent shot since November, between a new baby, relatively new house, the holidays, buying a new minivan (come at me bros!:tongue:), and work I just don't have the time to make it out there. I probably dry fire twice a week for 10 minutes per. With the new price of ammo and lack of availability, i might never get into rifle shooting like i would like to, and wont even get to practice pistol like i had been a few months ago.

[COLOR=#red]Well it seems as if the assault weapon ban might not make it through congress, mag capacity I'm not so sure about. I do know that New York is in the process of signing a law that will restrict mag size to 7 rounds AND they are giving the citizens 1 year to sell magazines over 7 rounds or else face prosecution. If some crap like that passed nationwide we'd pretty much be restricted to 1911s or have mag plugs.

I was last at the range around November myself. The freakin holiday season got me caught up. I shot pretty well the last few times so I figured I could let more time pass in between the range. But also I'm conserving the little ammo I do have until I can score some more. At least you have the firearms, you can always get around to shooting them when time permits.

Bro, you finally gave into the Minivan? Interesting. Yes I know they are probably the most practical vehicle for a family...even more so than an SUV. I'm not quite ready to go there yet lol.[/COLOR]

Well it begins! Got my PSA upper yesterday and it has the midwest ind handguard on it and its sweet! Sitting on one of the PSA lowers I have too. Still waiting on the approval of my Colt 6933 sbr though, in the mean time this is what im working on.

Few things, anyone that finds BCG'S, or spikes enhanced lpk's please pm me.

This is the gun show here over an hour ago 300+ people in line and it isnt even open yet. :smh:

Last edited:
yeah i read ny heads might have to sell their mags. so make ny's "problem" another states huh? :smh: i'd just hold them down and cop some small ones for the range and keep the hi caps for when i go out to the homies farm.

Back
Top Bottom