NT's Hottest MCs in the Game

I guess.

He does have some bad songs. He'll have like 5-6 hot joints and 7-10 mediocre/lukewarm/wack ones.

IMO those are probably two of his best. At least to me

Uzi got joints, not to mention that Westbrook x Jordan brand look was nice

A1 Melodies

I think Tory Lanez should of got some love here

I mean I love drake and Travis, but if they're considered rappers (which I'm in agreement with) then tory is a rapper too and he had a great year for sure

Chixtape 2 and TNT2 on the way

How is Kanye the no.1 MC in 2016? He's more of a celebrity and A-lister versus a musician and artist. Every other day Kim & Yeezy are in national gossip outlet news for some silly and unimportant reasons. "Life of Pablo" & the "Saint Pablo" tour were amazing but too many of Kanye's off the studio nonsense, overshadows is actual ability.

Drake has ran rap pretty much since Wayne fell off. Take Thug & Kendrick off the list. How isn't Gucci on the list? This man has dropped 2-3 studio LP's since coming home and is on every hip-hop artists albums.

Travis Scott is HOTTER than Future? Travis is big but c'mon now MTV2...

I think Tory Lanez should of got some love here

I mean I love drake and Travis, but if they're considered rappers (which I'm in agreement with) then tory is a rapper too and he had a great year for sure

Chixtape 2 and TNT2 on the way

Now that you say it i completely forgot about that... dude had two HUGE singles & managed to take Controlla from Drake and get his version played at parties/clubs :lol:

dropped A lot of projects in the lastyear & good features.

One could argue lanez also. He had a big year, he made controlla a good song imo. It's like who do u remove tho to put him on?

"I'm hitting ya chick ya/**** all in her stomach ya/throwin money at her face ya/she tell me how it taste ya"

I just did my own Uzi flow in 20 seconds :smokin

I'm top 10 :pimp:

Last edited:
I seen a clip of Uzi performing on the gram. Why does he move like that? Men not supposed like that.

Mumble rappers got they own lane they gotta be respected. Would I add an Uzi, Yachty, 21 in a top 10 list No.

If hip hop has tiers those guys are like Tier 5 but they can still move around globally and tour on the same level as a tier 2/3/4 rapper. Now for how long depends on how much talent they truly have.

I do expect Migos to get bigger next year.I think there sound is growing and Quavo on fire now.

Rae Shremm - Swae got the juice and Black Beetles set them up for a lot of years to come

Yachty got his own sauce and he's got a good grasp on how he wants move musically

I haven't followed Uzi since his first mixtape but he seems to be moving good

21 needs a lot of Metro and guidance to make records. Really seems unpolished.

Kodak has a ton of potential. I'd like to hear him on better production

Bars are officially back in 2017. I'd like to see Remy/Pusha/Action/Joey Bad az/Royce and even Eminem make a splash next year. Nicki Minaj need to drop some cooked crack because Remy ain't playing around

Last edited:
:lol: @ "bars"

It takes more talent and skill to do what say, drake does (at times) than say royce da 5'9 or mook

there is skill in simplicity

if anyone really sat down with a dictionary anyone could have "bars" which is why there are more Los' and Mooks on every street corner than there are Drakes

i'm much more impressed with a verse like Both by Drake which sticks with you immediately without the cheat code of being some mumble **** than I am with someone throwing 100 words at me real fast expecting me to be impressed

Last edited:
Time and place has alot to do with it also. We are in the social media/turn up/ era. U go to these parties, u don't wanna hear j Cole or krit there. If technology and these list were like it is now in the early 90s most dudes would be crying about uncle Luke being ahead of "lyrical rappers".

also, EVERYONE'S attention span has gotten shorter. So let alone the generation that has only known a post internet world.

Music is only going to get simpler and more to the point as long as technology keeps making life faster and the world smaller. Everything connects to each other.

You might as well stop checking for new rap now. If you think Lil yachty was bad and he was born a year or two after the internet began, what type of rappers you think we'll be getting in 20 years when the internet has been around for 40 and technology has gotten that much faster and to the point?

By the end of the century music in general is gonna be one long *** note or frequency that makes you feel a certain mood.

IMO lyrical hip hop is gonna be a niche thing like jazz within the next 15 years. The whole idea of music being about "vibes" more so than content is a bigger threat to traditional hip hop than people realize. For the most part we (post 95 babies) don't give a **** what these ****** are saying as long as it sounds good. It's really about the music and vibe more so than lyrics now. **** it.

Last edited:
Big Amount is probably one of my favorite songs this here. Really impressed that 2Chainz was able to write both him and Drake's verses on there

i wore my yeezys to dinner this is the season i got the season dont make me sprinkle you _s 
pimp.gif

Apparently J cole's FHD 2014 had the third most streams of any hiphop album THIS year.... Should this not be used as an indicator of being hot? When ****** two year old albums are outperforming peoples new projects i think it's safe to say that means you are still having a HUGE impact on rap

Desiigner Album that NOBODY listened too is actually on the top 50 streams of the year also.... :lol:

some other discussed artist in here coincidentally aren't to be found on here.... and they Just like him dropped free projects that were also on streaming services. For the "impact" on the culture there seems to be a pretty big lack of interest in those projects, and a lot of interest in the music of the guy nobody listens too

but Let me guess the amount of times someone checks for your project or songs isn't a good indicator of hotness either??

View media item 2271738

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom