NT's Hottest MCs in the Game

Trolling is coming in with no information and just talking out your *** because you can, all i'm doing is presenting facts that are the complete opposite of what a troll told me.

Also are you telling me Uzi, 21 or Yachty haven't benifited from these curated playlist?? Desiigner has a Drake like marketing budget behind him or something? All these ****** in the same lane, got the same platforms, have strong ties in music, only one of them got a #1 song in the country, a 4X platinum single, 1 Gold single & several mainstream media looks.

and Before you try & tell me how none of those stats matter.. i'll direct you to your Highlighted Hero Yachty

“I’m sure Mr. Murda Mooks would kill me in a rap battle … but ask him to seem in streams/sales/or on the charts. It’s easy to write a verse but how easy is it to make a stamp on the culture?”

By his definition of making a "Stamp On the culture" :lol: How has Desiigner not made a bigger impact.

You're everywhere. My response to Wilt was a general statement about streaming hence why Desiigner wasn't mentioned.

While I'm sure those curated playlists helped Desiigner it would still be a hit if this were 2010 under the same circumstances. It had a buzz before anyone got involved.

They do make it seem like the songs are much bigger than they are though.

I was more referring to the part about "he put a song out in summer and they still listening to it"

Knowing damn well if this were 21 or Yachty you'd be asking what have they done lately :lol:

Last edited:
You're everywhere.

While I'm sure those curated playlists helped Desiigner it would still be a hit if this were 2010 under the same circumstances. It had a buzz before anyone got involved.

They do make it seem like the songs are much bigger than they are though.

I was more referring to the part about "he put a song out in summer and they still listening to it"

Knowing damn well if this were 21 or Yachty you'd be asking what have they done lately :lol:

actually i wouldn't because 21 & Uzi's biggest songs that are also on the same chart.. are songs that released in the summer........

Desiigner gotta get his TMZ following and timeline game up.

:lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Word these days how many people played your record don't count as hotness to some dudes, maybe i should have posted this instead of saying Panda has gotten more spins this year then Adele's highest ranking song:lol:

My thing is all these dudes are trash. Designer, Uzi, Yachty. But you Yachty and Uzi captains can't hype them then turnaround and knock Designer. Who has has a song bigger than all of 'em and has been on award shows.

These dudes tried to say they were hotter than Kendrick then told otherwise with real evidence it was "well they have a song that's being played more at parties" And again Designer has a song bigger than all these dudes.

NOW it's about a catalog but when people actually buy Kendricks catalog that doesn't matter though. :lol:

People just twist this "hottest rapper" thing to fit who they like.

"Panda" has more spins than Adele's highest ranking song?

Radio Spins probably not, but according to Billboards top 100 List of the year he's ranked just Ahead of Adele's "Hello" at #6

So my point to these dudes in this thread was, if talent isn't held in high regards when making this "Hottest" Mc's list.. how is it possible that a guy with the most played song in rap (that didn't come from Drake) & who has had his project streamed over 300,000,000 times not gonna be there, but they used the same criteria to add on a 21 savage or Uzi who didn't have a half of that success. Especially when all these artist are guys who predominately eat off of singles... It's senselesss

My thing is all these dudes are trash. Designer, Uzi, Yachty. But you Yachty and Uzi captains can't hype them then turnaround and knock Designer. Who has has a song bigger than all of 'em and has been on award shows.

These dudes tried to say they were hotter than Kendrick then told otherwise with real evidence it was "well they have a song that's being played more at parties" And again Designer has a song bigger than all these dudes.

NOW it's about a catalog but when people actually buy Kendricks catalog that doesn't matter though. :lol:

Sums this thread up perfectly.

No one is knocking designer he deserves to be in the convo but he's making it bigger than what it is

to make a comparison this is like saying Trinidad James is bigger than 2 chainz in 2012...dude has one or two hits with not a damn thing since and surpasses a dude who has 2-4 mix tapes with millions of plays on each one?

This isn't the same as Kendrick because he dropped a album full of leftovers. Even though i'll just say we can agree to disagree on that because the argument can be made both ways for him. He's technically one of the biggest but that's like putting Eminem on a hottest list for Curtain call or Jay on a list for collision course...

Last edited:
No one is knocking designer he deserves to be in the convo but he's making it bigger than what it is

to make a comparison this is like saying Trinidad James is bigger than 2 chainz in 2012...dude has one or two hits with not a damn thing since and surpasses a dude who has 2-4 mix tapes with millions of plays on each one?

This isn't the same as Kendrick because he dropped a album full of leftovers. Even though i'll just say we can agree to disagree on that because the argument can be made both ways for him. He's technically one of the biggest but that's like putting Eminem on a hottest list for Curtain call or Jay on a list for collision course...

NOPEEEEEEEEEEEEE, what your failing to realize is that if anybody is making things bigger than they are it's you bigging up the status of one of these dudes to 2Chainz during that run.

The same two chainz that dropped several Platinum & gold singles, the same 2 Chainz that was plastered all over the charts, the same 2 Chainz who touched damn near every mainstream look you can get. It's not equivalent at all. 2 chainz in that time clearly showed his reach in all facets. 21, uzi, yachty haven't had a 1/4th of the success he had that year. **** the ***** had a single with Drake & One with Kanye in the same year. :lol:

yeah i pressed submit and remembered i got 2011 mixed up with 2012 bc his mixtape run was the year before and i couldn't think of a buzzing trap rapper that year who could stand next to trinidad james future and chains had already blew and guys like scooter couldn't compare

but u get my point

one or two songs with no noise since doesn't make you hotter than someone who has a year or two of consistently getting millions of plays on their tapes

yeah i pressed submit and remembered i got 2011 mixed up with 2012 bc his mixtape run was the year before and i couldn't think of a buzzing trap rapper that year who could stand next to trinidad james future and chains had already blew and guys like scooter couldn't compare

but u get my point

one or two songs with no noise since doesn't make you hotter than someone who has a year or two of consistently getting millions of plays on their tapes

Breh all three of these ****** released projects this year... his is by far the most streamed, his BY FAR has had the biggest songs, All these ****** can't rap well

And again 21 highest charting song this year is "No Heart" Uzi's is "Money Longer", both of those dropped in the summer, they have both dropped new music since then. Looking on the streaming charts TODAY & those are still the songs from them getting the most play and they came out in the summer. Desiigner songs TODAY are still receiving more streams then theirs so by your standard both of those ****** ain't make no noise in months.

Hell Drake tried to give 21 the Stimulus package and son still ain't crack top 50 with that.

it's not by my standard

u keep purposely ignoring that most of the 21/Uzi/Yachty plays are coming from Spinrilla and other mixtape apps...which is why i say those should be counted in streaming stats...and whenever i bring it up you marginalize it to "no one cares what you and your friends are playing in the aux or at a party" when it's not about my aux specifically...but the fact that most people around my age use aux and mixtape apps to listen to music in the car instead of radio or even instead of LTE and storage gobbling Apple Music

the music industry is missing out on a large portion of consumer data (for hip hop at least) by ignoring mixtape apps...

what's funny is that you're doing all that...while you probably use an aux cord your damn self being that you're only in your mid-late 20's :lol:

Desiigner caught a hit and should be one of the hottest of the year but hasn't done anything else since and I can't say he's hotter than someone who has a back catalog of 3-4 tapes over the past 12 months that have consistently got millions of streams

we're arguing in circles...you're smart enough to know there's a difference between someone with one or two hits and someone with a back catalog that has consistently gotten millions of streams

On spinrilla the compilation that serves as New English on that platform (they make comps for retail albums that labels take down) only has 100k compared to millions on all of uzis joints since Luv Is rage

i'll be fair and say that's an unofficial metric since it's not his official tape

but you know exactly what you're doing i hope i find a *** who love me as much as you love NY

Last edited:
Even with them stream numbers u gotta be weary of em. Remember bow wow was talking about 4 million stream in a day... labels used to buy whole albums I know they found a way to manipulate the streams. Just like Wavy been weary of gates #s for months :lol:.

You ever heard of "curated" playlists?

They put the songs they want to succeed on those weekly/daily playlists.

Scroll to the "What if we took away streaming?" where Drake (who was #1 for 15 weeks at this point) wasn't #1 since April on the non streaming charts.

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/fea...ing-have-ruined-the-charts-forever-heres-why/

Granted, he's still Drake so he'd still be successful (and Panda was already a buzzing hit too)...but it's easy to solidify a songs position and portray this super dominance when a large portion of the audience treats those playlists like the radio.

I've noticed a lot of new artists popping up on those playlists too. 6LACK Perkys Calling freestyle was everywhere on Apple Music when you went to hip hop radio shuffle this summer and now when you go to A-List hip hop playlist. His album straight though. So it worked. :lol:

This actually makes tons of sense :lol: :lol:

it's not by my standard

u keep purposely ignoring that most of the 21/Uzi/Yachty plays are coming from Spinrilla and other mixtape apps...which is why i say those should be counted in streaming stats...and whenever i bring it up you marginalize it to "no one cares what you and your friends are playing in the aux or at a party" when it's not about my aux specifically...but the fact that most people around my age use aux and mixtape apps to listen to music in the car instead of radio or even instead of LTE and storage gobbling Apple Music

the music industry is missing out on a large portion of consumer data (for hip hop at least) by ignoring mixtape apps...

what's funny is that you're doing all that...while you probably use an aux cord your damn self being that you're only in your mid-late 20's :lol:

Desiigner caught a hit and should be one of the hottest of the year but hasn't done anything else since and I can't say he's hotter than someone who has a back catalog of 3-4 tapes over the past 12 months that have consistently got millions of streams

we're arguing in circles...you're smart enough to know there's a difference between someone with one or two hits and someone with a back catalog that has consistently gotten millions of streams

On spinrilla the compilation that serves as New English on that platform (they make comps for retail albums that labels take down) only has 100k compared to millions on all of uzis joints since Luv Is rage

i'll be fair and say that's an unofficial metric since it's not his official tape

but you know exactly what you're doing i hope i find a *** who love me as much as you love NY

your using spinrilla numbers because it help your point, but your flat out lying if you think that's a bigger source of an artist plays than youtube, Apple Music/Spotify/Tidal your talking about platforms that when combined have subcribers in the billions to apps that may have 10 million users total.

the measure of impact for an established rapper is gonna be better represented through streaming numbers then singular mixtape apps based off the huge disparity in subscribers alone.

and let's stop acting like Uzi, 21, or Yachty are tenured artist with classic tapes. these are dudes who are single based & it wasn't until this year that they made singles that generated a large amount of attention. They are just as reliant on singles as Desiigner.

laugh.gif

mean.gif
 @ _'s actually thinking  that Desiigner tape was streamed 320 million times

They threw Panda on there as the last song for the same reason Drake threw Hotline Bling on Views as the last song.

:lol:  :smh:  @ _'s actually thinking  that Desiigner tape was streamed 320 million times

They threw Panda on there as the last song for the same reason Drake threw Hotline Bling on Views as the last song.

WOW so you mean a Hit song actually helps your streaming #'s who would have known :wow: :wow:

are we gonna subtract the biggest song from the project of any of these other artist?? Because if i subtract "Money Longer" or "No Heart" interest and numbers on those projects Dwindle lower then they already are.

How many times we gonna change the rules to try and discredit someone. dudes are taking an artist who's only been out a year & saying what if we take away his two hit songs..... :lol:

This is pathetic. I hate Desiigner but the goal post moving by y'all cats is ridiculous. Should be ashamed of yourselves. N's really mad because your favorite performer in the trash rap Olympics isn't as "hot" as Desiigner regardless of how you quantify it. Dudes haven't accumulated the same amount of success as he has even though he's basura. He really is the gold standard of the mumble rap **** boy crew. Deal with it

Last edited:

laugh.gif

mean.gif
 @ _'s actually thinking  that Desiigner tape was streamed 320 million times

WOW so you mean a Hit song actually helps your streaming #'s who would have known
eek.gif
eek.gif

are we gonna subtract the biggest song from the project of any of these other artist?? Because if i subtract "Money Longer" or "No Heart" interest and numbers on those projects Dwindle lower then they already are.

How many times we gonna change the rules to try and discredit someone. dudes are taking an artist who's only been out a year & saying what if we take away his two hit songs.....
laugh.gif
I seriously can't tell if you trolling me or not 

Nobody had heard Money Longer or No Heart before they dropped on their respective projects. And you comparing that to somebody tacking a 5-6 month old song on a project as the last song to inflate the numbers? 
laugh.gif

Epic pissed a lot of people off earlier this year when they dropped that Epic Af compilation album. The **** has charted in the top 10 multiple times this year without selling a copy. How you think this happened?

The album was sitting at No.5 because For Free, I Got the Keys, etc were connected to it. Once Khaled actual album dropped those songs started being connected to that instead and it instantly dropped to No.32 because it lost all those streams. Def Jam is trying to do the same exact thing right now.

Last edited:
Bro He made Panda, people are still playing Panda today, he put a major Hit song on the project.... who in rap isn't going to do that. If any of the other three would have had a song as big as panda they would have done the same thing with the project, but in those illustrious "Back catalogs" of there's they didn't have **** that really caught.

Point blank all of these artist are not people who are gonna eat off of putting out a cohesive project. example Cole currently has his whole album sitting in the top 100, there's a huge variety of songs but not one standout big single that is propelling the project.

In comparison all of these ****** mentioned are artist who are only as hot as their singles. all for of them have one or two songs that are carrying the majority of the interest on their projects, people aren't drawn to full projects from them. Desiigner just happens to clearly have the bigger songs out of all of them and it reflects in the streams of his project. (a Project that Timmy Turner isn't on/ would have added a few more million streams to that number)

Bruh you're missing the point.

Put ANY loose song on a project and all the streams that it has accumulated will now be associated with that project as well.

I'm not knocking them for doing it.

Im saying YOU are out here tryna flaunt his project numbers around but they don't tell the full story.

He could've waited til this month, dropped a Screamo album, added Panda as the last song and it would chart and have big streaming numbers instantly because of all the streams Panda has already accumulated.

Last edited:
I get your point, it's a stupid point, because everyone mentioned has had songs prior to their projects dropping. They benefited off those known songs which then translated to people streaming the project. Why is he being discredited for his lead up single just happening tobe one of the biggest songs of the year.

Point Blank the song is on the project and it obviously boosted the streams, the others would have this ability if they made a song as big as panda, they didn't.... Either way his song is hotter than anything they dropped all year, due to him making a song with that success it got more impressions and streams on his mixtape.

I get your point, it's a stupid point, because everyone mentioned has had songs prior to their projects dropping. They benefited off those known songs which then translated to people streaming the project. Why is he being discredited for his lead up single just happening tobe one of the biggest songs of the year.

Point Blank the song is on the project and it obviously boosted the streams, the others would have this ability if they made a song as big as panda, they didn't.... Either way his song is hotter than anything they dropped all year, due to him making a song with that success it got more impressions and streams on his mixtape.

I'm done in here man

Edit: and you're still somehow missing the point

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom