NT'ers who wore/have braces I have a question...

i got mine off in october, 3 months ahead of schedule
pimp.gif

havent been wearing my retainer that much since they bumped me down from 24 to 12 hours a day though :/

i got mine off in october, 3 months ahead of schedule
pimp.gif

havent been wearing my retainer that much since they bumped me down from 24 to 12 hours a day though :/

OP you will feel the most pain after they tighten/replace your bands. I remember dreading that, and it was once a month for me.

OP you will feel the most pain after they tighten/replace your bands. I remember dreading that, and it was once a month for me.

Its All Bout Ur Pain Tolerance And Age Really
Wen I Get Mine Tightened Its Not Pain It Feels More Like A Tender/Itching Like Sensation But Nothing That Bothers Me Much...

I Do Avoid Some Foods And Biting Wen I Get Em Tightened Cuz Its Harder Too Then

Its All Bout Ur Pain Tolerance And Age Really
Wen I Get Mine Tightened Its Not Pain It Feels More Like A Tender/Itching Like Sensation But Nothing That Bothers Me Much...

I Do Avoid Some Foods And Biting Wen I Get Em Tightened Cuz Its Harder Too Then

i ate popeyes for dinner after i got mine put on.  some people are just soft. 

i ate popeyes for dinner after i got mine put on.  some people are just soft. 

had braces for like 2 years...pain isn't that bad (I got a pretty high pain threshold tho)

it only hurts (temporarily) when you get new bands at your monthly visit or a power chain (1 big band that they twist on each bracket). take some extra-strength Tylenol or something. if your gums hurt, rub a lil whiskey or Henny on em. it works and gives u a lil buzz haha

had braces for like 2 years...pain isn't that bad (I got a pretty high pain threshold tho)

it only hurts (temporarily) when you get new bands at your monthly visit or a power chain (1 big band that they twist on each bracket). take some extra-strength Tylenol or something. if your gums hurt, rub a lil whiskey or Henny on em. it works and gives u a lil buzz haha

Originally Posted by infam0usP

a power chain (1 big band that they twist on each bracket)

eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif
almost wanted to cry after they put that $#+% on me.
!*$%*!% hate braces man

Originally Posted by infam0usP

a power chain (1 big band that they twist on each bracket)

eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif
almost wanted to cry after they put that $#+% on me.
!*$%*!% hate braces man

Nah, there is definite pain! When you get them tightened, for about 3 days after, you can't chew anything. You will def feel pain.

Nah, there is definite pain! When you get them tightened, for about 3 days after, you can't chew anything. You will def feel pain.

whyhellothere wrote:

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
i refused to wear the rubberbands
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 me too... its like really? I don't remember you telling me this before I had YEARS of braces... they said wear em all day... I only wore em at night and when I went back to the dentist they were like "Great! Everythings perfect!" 
laugh.gif

whyhellothere wrote:

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 me too... its like really? I don't remember you telling me this before I had YEARS of braces... they said wear em all day... I only wore em at night and when I went back to the dentist they were like "Great! Everythings perfect!" 
laugh.gif

Braces suck, I thought they were cool when I got them
laugh.gif
, getting them off will feel amazing though...

Braces suck, I thought they were cool when I got them
laugh.gif
, getting them off will feel amazing though...

Originally Posted by LBMC

whyhellothere wrote:
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

the first three visits after they gave them to me i would go in & they would look & then ask if i was wearing the rubberbands
i just hit them with the
alien.gif
& the gave another pack. after the third visit i just decided i want the damn things off so i too only wore them at night.....when i remembered.

Originally Posted by LBMC

whyhellothere wrote:
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

the first three visits after they gave them to me i would go in & they would look & then ask if i was wearing the rubberbands
i just hit them with the
alien.gif
& the gave another pack. after the third visit i just decided i want the damn things off so i too only wore them at night.....when i remembered.

I couldn't even eat a twinkie one time cause my teeth hurt so bad. I was sad, I had to give it away at school

Back
Top Bottom