NT'ers who wore/have braces I have a question...

Trust me OP I got mine put on last year I thought everything was fine the first day just a bit of pressure, woke up the next day still feel the pressure and I thought it would be fine so I made some toast I go to take a bite... It honestly felt like my teeth were about to fall out I take the toast out of my mouth and the whole thing is just covered in blood 
sick.gif
if you can eat now, eat as much as you can

Goodluck eating the first week man, your going to need it and tightening isn't bad after you've done it 2-3 times just the first few times it's going to feel like when you got the braces all over again

I had braces years ago and I never felt any outright pain until I got them tightened. Just stock up on soft foods (oatmeal, ice cream, soup, etc.) because whenever you get them tightened, you will not be able to chew properly at all. It was the worst...

I had braces years ago and I never felt any outright pain until I got them tightened. Just stock up on soft foods (oatmeal, ice cream, soup, etc.) because whenever you get them tightened, you will not be able to chew properly at all. It was the worst...

He says he has those clear plastic tray invisalign braces though, not the traditional metal braces. Can anyone compare the pains of having both? Maybe someone who had one and didn't like them so they decided to switch over to the other?

I had the metal braces and it would hurt for a few days after getting them tightened at the orthodontist's office, but the pain goes away after that until the next ortho visit.

He says he has those clear plastic tray invisalign braces though, not the traditional metal braces. Can anyone compare the pains of having both? Maybe someone who had one and didn't like them so they decided to switch over to the other?

I had the metal braces and it would hurt for a few days after getting them tightened at the orthodontist's office, but the pain goes away after that until the next ortho visit.

For me getting em in didnt really hurt... when I first got em tightened... I was in tears. Good luck OP

For me getting em in didnt really hurt... when I first got em tightened... I was in tears. Good luck OP

Originally Posted by melofan15

man I'm 21 and I've had braces for almost 4 damn years
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

laugh.gif

i got mine in 5th grade & didn't get them off till then end of 10th
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
i refused to wear the rubberbands
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

The pain will kick in, it will feel as if your teeth are being held together by that wire, they probably haven't loosen up yet, once they do be prepared to eat mash potatoes for the next 5 days.

The pain will kick in, it will feel as if your teeth are being held together by that wire, they probably haven't loosen up yet, once they do be prepared to eat mash potatoes for the next 5 days.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Hell, I got them end of 8th grade and didn't dump them til I was a sophomore in college.

30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Hell, I got them end of 8th grade and didn't dump them til I was a sophomore in college.

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Double hell, I got them on the weekend before my junior high senior pics and they came off till the weekend after my highschool senior pictures....
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Double hell, I got them on the weekend before my junior high senior pics and they came off till the weekend after my highschool senior pictures....
30t6p3b.gif

I got clear ones on last Tuesday. Got them on at 11:00 and the asst. said it would be 3-5 hours before the pain would set in. Sure enough, at 2:00 I felt the pain. It's just a dull, numb pain, only lasts for a day. Then the next day your teeth sting. Eventually it goes away. Right now, almost a week later, it doesn't hurt very much anymore, just a little discomfort when biting into foods.

I got clear ones on last Tuesday. Got them on at 11:00 and the asst. said it would be 3-5 hours before the pain would set in. Sure enough, at 2:00 I felt the pain. It's just a dull, numb pain, only lasts for a day. Then the next day your teeth sting. Eventually it goes away. Right now, almost a week later, it doesn't hurt very much anymore, just a little discomfort when biting into foods.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
L!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by ksteezy

30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
L!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom