NTers who lease their whips? Vol: new whip every 3 years

I'm looking to financing a 2011-2012 BMW 538 or 5 hybrid for 30k. I make 50-60k a year. I have a trade in value on my car of $7000. Would I be better off just to lease a 5 series instead?

Putting that 5 percent tint on either whip.

Last edited:
:lol: :lol:
Leasing a car may allow you to mortgage a house

Let's say you have 30k cash in your pocket your willing to spend on a whip

Lease a 2014 and spend 12k in 3 yrs
Or buy a 2012 and spend 30 k?

Easily lease and use the 18k remainder on a house, pa

This^. Opportunity cost[/quote]

And then, what? Walk everywhere? Public transportation? buy a Hooptie for

probably only like the Dodge Darts; those things have been such a failure

dude at my work got an orange one for basically free
mean.gif
laugh.gif
i got 2013 dart in white only 12k miles , whats the issues on these 

Memorial Day weekend...

Lease 2015 GMC Yukon XL Denali

New body design

$1000/month 4/year 10,000miles/year
bumper-to-bumper during lease, full powertrain warranty

MSRP $76k with all the options and accessories

No trade-in
Credit score high 700s
Drove off the lot in about an hour.

Can drop it off after 4 years or decide to purchase at end of lease (finance)... but of course would need extended warranty, etc.

Have another vehicle I use as daily driver ~ paid off a long time ago.
2007 SUV, 115k miles. Just got hit with a ton of "surprise" repairs which is what made us look into leasing.
Daily driver is strictly for commuting to work now.
Denali used on the weekends with kids.

So I'll doubt we'll have another vehicle in our garage go over 100k miles.

I'm looking to financing a 2011-2012 BMW 538 or 5 hybrid for 30k. I make 50-60k a year. I have a trade in value on my car of $7000. Would I be better off just to lease a 5 series instead?

BMW rates are not that great right now for financing imo. Lease, especially if you can get it for little money down. Get the 7K from them (or carmax or CL in the event that they try to keep all of it towards the lease), put some of it down, bank the rest.

IMO sounds like you should lease a 2014 loaded 3 or 4 series and youll be around the same monthly payment, maybe a little higher but it will be brand new and the new body style.

Edit * If you can afford to lease a loaded 5, do it. They gave me a brand new 70K one as a loaner and I was in love.

Last edited:

BMW rates are not that great right now for financing imo. Lease, especially if you can get it for little money down. Get the 7K from them (or carmax or CL in the event that they try to keep all of it towards the lease), put some of it down, bank the rest.

IMO sounds like you should lease a 2014 loaded 3 or 4 series and youll be around the same monthly payment, maybe a little higher but it will be brand new and the new body style.

Edit * If you can afford to lease a loaded 5, do it. They gave me a brand new 70K one as a loaner and I was in love.
Thanks son! I was thinking about financing the BMW since I know the financial manager. The 3 series and 4 are too compact for me. Whenever I drive my boys 3 series I always think why the driver's seat does not go back far enough then makes me adjust my legs for the pedals. I will look into leasing a 5 series. I think I understand where you are coming from with the 3/4 series.

What your thoughts Audi?

Started leasing my 2012 Altima Coupe in June 2012

Got the maintenance plan and 15K/year. 3 year lease. 350 a month.

I know it's not the best possible deal but I wanted a reliable new car vs a used one. Don't have the time to worry about maintenance and car breaking down.

Will get another non-luxury lease next year for 3 years.

Then buy the car I want when I'm finally getting paid properly

Currently leasing 2 vehicles.

First ride a 2012 Honda Civic EX for myself. This is my everyday car and I mainly use it to drive my kids to their sports activities. Trunk is full of sports stuff.
Payment is $200 a month for it.

Second ride a 2013 BMW X3. This is my wifes Monday-Friday car and Family weekend car. I use it during the weekends when I have gigs. Very spacious when the seats go down.
Payment is 300 a month (she works there)

I love leasing because I get a new ride every 3 years. A lot of people think Im wasting money, but I tell em, After the third year, the car starts having problems and problems equal MONEY.

By the time Im done paying off the car, the car might need a new ******, or something major. So why put myself through all that? Ill just continue paying a monthly fee for a newer car.

The thing that gets me though is the down payment for the new lease. You gotta be ready. If youre not ready, youre not getting a car. And down payments are about 500-1500 for one car.

For sure our BMW new lease down payment will be in the 2k range.

Reactions: ct3
Memorial Day weekend...

Lease 2015 GMC Yukon XL Denali

New body design

$1000/month 4/year 10,000miles/year
bumper-to-bumper during lease, full powertrain warranty

MSRP $76k with all the options and accessories

No trade-in
Credit score high 700s
Drove off the lot in about an hour.

Can drop it off after 4 years or decide to purchase at end of lease (finance)... but of course would need extended warranty, etc.

Have another vehicle I use as daily driver ~ paid off a long time ago.
2007 SUV, 115k miles. Just got hit with a ton of "surprise" repairs which is what made us look into leasing.
Daily driver is strictly for commuting to work now.
Denali used on the weekends with kids.

So I'll doubt we'll have another vehicle in our garage go over 100k miles.

whats the residual at end of term? did they tell you what the lease/rate factor was? how much down? was tax/title/license/fees rolled in?

i'm not really in the market for a car right now (knock on wood) but i've been thinking of puttin my wife into a Denali XL now that we got a kid. Asian woman drivers y'know? Now that she driving my kid around I want to wrap her in 5,000 lbs of metal.

Why in the world are ya'll dudes leasing Hondas and Nissans, some of the most reliable cars out there?:lol:

Currently leasing 2 vehicles.

First ride a 2012 Honda Civic EX for myself. This is my everyday car and I mainly use it to drive my kids to their sports activities. Trunk is full of sports stuff.
Payment is $200 a month for it.

Second ride a 2013 BMW X3. This is my wifes Monday-Friday car and Family weekend car. I use it during the weekends when I have gigs. Very spacious when the seats go down.
Payment is 300 a month (she works there)

I love leasing because I get a new ride every 3 years. A lot of people think Im wasting money, but I tell em, After the third year, the car starts having problems and problems equal MONEY.

By the time Im done paying off the car, the car might need a new ******, or something major. So why put myself through all that? Ill just continue paying a monthly fee for a newer car.

The thing that gets me though is the down payment for the new lease. You gotta be ready. If youre not ready, youre not getting a car. And down payments are about 500-1500 for one car.

For sure our BMW new lease down payment will be in the 2k range.
Lease a sensible car like Honda with Zero down. You just pay the tax, title fees OTD. Don't get them to make you pay for anything else. All that other junk in the room.

Why in the world are ya'll dudes leasing Hondas and Nissans, some of the most reliable cars out there?:lol:

They don't want to own the car

You mean they like wasting money. Just admit it's a waste of money and you are cool with it instead of trying to come up with some silly justification for how you are saving money by leasing over and over instead of buying the car.

I average about 27 to 30k miles a year. I can't see how some of you young cats do it. 10k that's 3 month for me. If you want to stunt that bad so beat it. But what you tell the yambs when you can't joy ride?

I average about 27 to 30k miles a year. I can't see how some of you young cats do it. 10k that's 3 month for me. If you want to stunt that bad so beat it. But what you tell the yambs when you can't joy ride?
That's my problem. I will either have to take the metro or have other people drive when going out.

If buying an economy car, getting one 1-2 years used is the best deal cash or finance. Already took most of the depreciation hit and its still under warranty for a year/low mileage. Flip in 2 years before most mechanical problems start occuring then repeat. Chances are, you'll lose very little value in two years in most Hondas, Toyotas, Nissans, Fords, etc.

Back
Top Bottom