NT: What's Your Religion?

I was just reading the thread about archaeologists claiming that the people who built the pyramids were not slaves, but paidlaborers, and it just got me wondering.
My father is Jewish, but not very religious at all (only thing we ever did was Hanukkah, and I never had a Bar Mitzvah).
My mother is Roman Catholic.
I went to both Hebrew School and Sunday School...but I think in the end I consider myself more Catholic.

I'm interested to see if there are any more Jews, because most of the people I've dealt with from sneaker-related forums, (both in person and not inperson) seem far from Jewish.
laugh.gif

Please don't bring unnecessary drama to the thread.

Christian... I'm not the most devout Christian you'll meet but I go to church every Saturday when I'm home from college.

Originally Posted by iBlink

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

I believe in a God and Karma. despise organized religion. the bane of mankind.
This guy gets it.

Agreed minus the God part. I believe in Karma in the sense that you get from the world what you put out into it, and I too despise organized religion. Iappreciate that it helps some people deal with fears and uncertainty by finding solace in the group and a higher power but it also serves as just anotherreason for people to hate those different from them.

I have yet to devote myself to a religion. Doubt I ever will.

My beliefs are pretty consistent with Buddhism, though.

I always wondered why people put "NT" in their subjects like there's any other people but NTers here...

roman catholic

dad is buddhist. wondered what life would have been like had i been raised buddhist sometimes

God? no thanks.

Religion?
laugh.gif
. why does anyone even need religion? to be a good person? you don't need religion for that.

Karma?

little 8 year old girl gets raped. what did the little 8 year old girl do to deserve being raped?

*edit* was raised a Catholic. don't see the need for it now and doubts a god really exists.

Grew up Catholic

Currently don't practice. I personally don't see the point in church or organized religion, I'm my own man with my own ideas. IMO

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

God? no thanks.

Religion?
laugh.gif
. why does anyone even need religion? to be a good person? you don't need religion for that.

Karma?

little 8 year old girl gets raped. what did the little 8 year old girl do to deserve being raped?

*edit* was raised a Catholic. don't see the need for it now and doubts a god really exists.
^what he said

Karmas a !+#%$, literally huh? just look at Haiti..the hell those ALREADY poor Haitians do to have to live that way? when does god come in and help thesepoor people?
tired.gif
..someone who believes in god give me justification on why they have tosuffer even more than they have been for eons now
smh.gif
tired.gif

i am 100% jewish but dropped out of hewbrew school cause i always missed it cause of bball and baseball tourneys but still got bar mitzvah'd...memorizing a3 hour service sucked
laugh.gif

still do all the holidays and go to temple on the holidays...jewish cooking >*
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by soltheman

I am fine with this. If you don't find anything that suits you, don't stress, but don't judge the next man.

I am quite religious, I am Jewish, and the torah has made me a better man. I hope you all find what you are looking for, and don't hinder anyone fromfinding their inner spirit. I certainly won't be saying anyone "gets it" in this thread.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

I am fine with this. If you don't find anything that suits you, don't stress, but don't judge the next man.

I am quite religious, I am Jewish, and the torah has made me a better man. I hope you all find what you are looking for, and don't hinder anyone from finding their inner spirit. I certainly won't be saying anyone "gets it" in this thread.

challah

Originally Posted by agold1002

Originally Posted by kix4kix

I am quite religious, I am Jewish, and the torah has made me a better man. I hope you all find what you are looking for, and don't hinder anyone from finding their inner spirit. I certainly won't be saying anyone "gets it" in this thread.

challah

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom