NT, what was your SAT score? vol. no fronters

Originally Posted by kix4kix

I got a 31 or 32 on the ACT didn't take SAT. Wow it has already been that long that I don't remember what I got
laugh.gif
......For the record don't be that guy that talks about his ACT/SAT score in college.

So true. It doesn't matter once you get to college. I hate when teachers brag about it though. You might be book smart, but you're stupid as hell to bea teacher after getting a perfect score on the ACT.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Originally Posted by C2345air

My friend got into UM, UWF, UF all top colleges in florida with a 970 in math and reading combined. Wth!?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Thats a lucky kid, I dont even know what to say.
SAT scores ain't everything. There's the personal statement and everything else you did. At least that's what i hope...

i got a 1680/2400 (600 math, and just about 500 on that stupid english bs)
I also took the subject tests (610 math level 2, and a 560 in us history)
Personal Statement? You mean the essay? As far as UF (and I think UM) those are worthless. You really think UF is gonna read all of those? Now ifhe was in a ton of clubs had a high GPA and was class president or something, I could see how he would get in. UF and UM make some weird choices, from whatI've seen this past year.

on my first try.....have to retake it...
500 reading
420 math
360 grammer
tired.gif

First time I took it, 1400. Second time, a 1500. The first time, I went to a class for it and studied really hard. The second time, I didn't. In an examlike the SAT, my best advice is to study, but not to the point of you stressing yourself out for it.

back in 2002 when the scores were out of 1600... i got 1080. average i suppose. i just remember not caring at all and being real hungover...

Hence the reason why I ended up at ASU

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

My friend got into UM, UWF, UF all top colleges in florida with a 970 in math and reading combined. Wth!?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Thats a lucky kid, I dont even know what to say.
SAT scores ain't everything. There's the personal statement and everything else you did. At least that's what i hope...

i got a 1680/2400 (600 math, and just about 500 on that stupid english bs)
I also took the subject tests (610 math level 2, and a 560 in us history)
Personal Statement? You mean the essay? As far as UF (and I think UM) those are worthless. You really think UF is gonna read all of those? Now if he was in a ton of clubs had a high GPA and was class president or something, I could see how he would get in. UF and UM make some weird choices, from what I've seen this past year.
yeah an essay

well that sucks haha. They do that here in california.

Damn. Well, I'm aiming for that 1800 then. I did awesome on the writing, and the math wasn't too bad. I'm taking honors precal in school this year so my math skills have always been good. Reading, however, I have the attention span of a squirrel when it comes to reading things I'm not interested in. Yet, I believe I got the score I did because of the passages. My vocabulary is very selective, so I didn't do too well on that.

Btw, my friends GPA was like a 4.5 or something. -_- maybe that had a lot to do with it.
It does matter where you're trying to get into. If you're trying to go Ivy League than you should shoot for 2200+. If you're going toa lesser-known state school than you might be good being at around 1550, which is about average, maybe a little below

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

Damn. Well, I'm aiming for that 1800 then. I did awesome on the writing, and the math wasn't too bad. I'm taking honors precal in school this year so my math skills have always been good. Reading, however, I have the attention span of a squirrel when it comes to reading things I'm not interested in. Yet, I believe I got the score I did because of the passages. My vocabulary is very selective, so I didn't do too well on that.

Btw, my friends GPA was like a 4.5 or something. -_- maybe that had a lot to do with it.
It does matter where you're trying to get into. If you're trying to go Ivy League than you should shoot for 2200+. If you're going to a lesser-known state school than you might be good being at around 1550, which is about average, maybe a little below
UM likes weighted GPA. Thats what matters most to them. They told us straight up that unweighted was worthless to them, so focus on getting yourweighted up. Anywhere from 4.3- 4.6 I think is decent to them. If youre in IB/AP youll probably be set - I was in IB and graduated with a 6.1, and I didntreally go out of my way to take classes. Get your SAT into the mid to high 1200s if you want a great shot at UM - you should aim for a 1270 anyways cause thatswhat you need for Bright Futures.

i feel like im the only one who didnt take it lol i went to trade school and it wasnt a requirement

I did a bunch of blow the night before and got home 2 hours before I was supposed to be taking my test.

I got an 1140 out of 1600.

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

It does matter where you're trying to get into. If you're trying to go Ivy League than you should shoot for 2200+. If you're going to a lesser-known state school than you might be good being at around 1550, which is about average, maybe a little below
UM likes weighted GPA. Thats what matters most to them. They told us straight up that unweighted was worthless to them, so focus on getting your weighted up. Anywhere from 4.3- 4.6 I think is decent to them. If youre in IB/AP youll probably be set - I was in IB and graduated with a 6.1, and I didnt really go out of my way to take classes. Get your SAT into the mid to high 1200s if you want a great shot at UM - you should aim for a 1270 anyways cause thats what you need for Bright Futures.

%#*??

Back
Top Bottom