NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

Haven't tried anything bad from Southern Tier yet.
NEVER...that Eurotrash pils sounds dope, Stillln

laugh.gif
at 21 world doing a crappy beer blind taste test, IDC I'd be down just for the hell of it even though they all are indeed crappy. (except Yuengling
pimp.gif
)

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

Haven't tried anything bad from Southern Tier yet.
NEVER...that Eurotrash pils sounds dope, Stillln

laugh.gif
at 21 world doing a crappy beer blind taste test, IDC I'd be down just for the hell of it even though they all are indeed crappy. (except Yuengling
pimp.gif
)

Beer sales will be the death of me... This local brewery has been bottling for awhile now. Never have they been this cheap. Sam's Club has cases at $25. A 6.2.% red ale, rated a 89 to 90 on beer advocate. It comes down to something like $1.08/ 12 oz. bottle ($25/Case). For a sixer, you are looking at $8.00 at almost every local grocery store/liquor, even the local brewery... I'm a sucker for saving $8 bucks
laugh.gif

With cases of one beer, I'm stuck in a rut by not really trying anything new, as the stuff I like, is REALLY REALLY good. I guess it's a great problem to have.

I did give Hoegaarden another chance. Decent. The Wasatch white ale is just as good, in my opinion. In my personal opinion, I'd rather drink Blue Moon's style of sweetness, pay a little less, and enjoy the style for what it is (as bad as Coors may be for craft business).
----------
digital022, let me know how the beer making goes. We just finished off a small corney keg of our 7.1% brown ale..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Black patent malts. Chocolate malt flavors... Darker than hell though. Crystal 90l Malt will do that to you. It won't win any contests I'm sure, but the drinkability is there. We won't drink bad beer. And so far none of it has been crazy bad. A blonde ale is in the works right now, just in time for St. Patricks day. It'll have to be a fast cycle, which isn't necessarily ideal. But it'll be fine. 2 weeks to ferment. then a 7 day cold crash/forced carbonation leading right up to st. patricks day
---------------
As far as the light beer tasting, I do the same sort of thing when I buy the same type of ales... Maybe 5-6 belgium whites, or 5-6 hefeweizens.. Never lights though/. I sometimes do it when I buy the mixed variety sets and try to guess/place which beer is from what brand/style. I never pass.
laugh.gif

Blind tests are great for those that say they ONLY like say, bud light, or miller lite. Yet at the end of the day, it is simply brand loyalty and nothing more. So you may get some varying differencing and eye opening results.

Beer sales will be the death of me... This local brewery has been bottling for awhile now. Never have they been this cheap. Sam's Club has cases at $25. A 6.2.% red ale, rated a 89 to 90 on beer advocate. It comes down to something like $1.08/ 12 oz. bottle ($25/Case). For a sixer, you are looking at $8.00 at almost every local grocery store/liquor, even the local brewery... I'm a sucker for saving $8 bucks
laugh.gif

With cases of one beer, I'm stuck in a rut by not really trying anything new, as the stuff I like, is REALLY REALLY good. I guess it's a great problem to have.

I did give Hoegaarden another chance. Decent. The Wasatch white ale is just as good, in my opinion. In my personal opinion, I'd rather drink Blue Moon's style of sweetness, pay a little less, and enjoy the style for what it is (as bad as Coors may be for craft business).
----------
digital022, let me know how the beer making goes. We just finished off a small corney keg of our 7.1% brown ale..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Black patent malts. Chocolate malt flavors... Darker than hell though. Crystal 90l Malt will do that to you. It won't win any contests I'm sure, but the drinkability is there. We won't drink bad beer. And so far none of it has been crazy bad. A blonde ale is in the works right now, just in time for St. Patricks day. It'll have to be a fast cycle, which isn't necessarily ideal. But it'll be fine. 2 weeks to ferment. then a 7 day cold crash/forced carbonation leading right up to st. patricks day
---------------
As far as the light beer tasting, I do the same sort of thing when I buy the same type of ales... Maybe 5-6 belgium whites, or 5-6 hefeweizens.. Never lights though/. I sometimes do it when I buy the mixed variety sets and try to guess/place which beer is from what brand/style. I never pass.
laugh.gif

Blind tests are great for those that say they ONLY like say, bud light, or miller lite. Yet at the end of the day, it is simply brand loyalty and nothing more. So you may get some varying differencing and eye opening results.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Pretty good

sierranevadaruthlessrye.jpg
I think Sierra Nevada is my favorite mainstream beer. They're just really good quality (maybe because I'm only an hour away from their brewery?). I saw this Bigfoot Barleywine ale they got...anybody give it a try? It only came in a 6-er and it was one of the few with no BA rating on it.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Pretty good

sierranevadaruthlessrye.jpg
I think Sierra Nevada is my favorite mainstream beer. They're just really good quality (maybe because I'm only an hour away from their brewery?). I saw this Bigfoot Barleywine ale they got...anybody give it a try? It only came in a 6-er and it was one of the few with no BA rating on it.

Originally Posted by AlBooBoo5

Had some of this last weekend. I usually don't enjoy sweet beers too much but this was good. It tastes like juicy fruit gum.

Can this be found in the east cost, Va to be exact.

last beer I drank at home - coincidence that this was the last brand posted
boulevard double wide ipa - came with the glass too

last beer I drank at home - coincidence that this was the last brand posted
boulevard double wide ipa - came with the glass too

Thanks man, but I'll pass but if the offer is still available down the road can I pm you?

Thanks man, but I'll pass but if the offer is still available down the road can I pm you?

Back
Top Bottom