NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

where did
Not to be smart but check your local grocery store. They should have Bourbon County regular just chilling with some of the more unpopular variants. Vanilla has to be gone by now in most places

If you want a recommendation on good stouts that should be easy to get: Bells Expedition (BA and regular), Lagunitas Willetizef Coffee, Troegs Java Head

>"I'm so over Bourbon County. Definitely not buying any this year."
>One week later:
0-1.jpg

:smh:

Readily available, world class, decently priced. Can't do too many of these pastry stouts. A simple, single adjunct is right up my alley

Regular/bramble/wheatwine BCBS all sitting round my way. Prices on regular went up to $13. Specialities $16-$25. Seen quite a few pick up a bottle and put it back. I was one of them.

But speaking of regular stouts, Founders breakfast stout and ten fidy are my go tos

Went with one local high priced oak aged Brett IPA bottle, and 4-5 sixers of regular ol beer in place of the overpriced BCBS set I almost bought. But that's just me.

Still have a '17 bsbs regular so I'm set for Now. Quality + quantity can exist.

I've always said that Budweiser aquiring GI was one of the best things to happen to the Bourbon County brand.

Infrastructure and capital to aquire the barrels and store them for an extended period of time. People say BCBS has gotten worst year by year but I'll be damned if it still ain't one of the best BA stours out there

I agree Wally. After I polish off the Treehouse and Other half in my fridge, I'll probably take a break from hops for a while. Breweries like victory still killing the German styles. Their Helles is :pimp: :pimp:

If anything, Bourbon County has gotten better (the base beer, at least) since the AB/InBev acquisition. 2015 BCBS (when fresh) was better than any of the variants that year. Revisited it before it got infected and referred to it as "perfect" to my friend who concurred. The OG and Barleywine are consistent from year to year, the coffee is always great in varying degrees, and the variants are hit-or-miss.

Readily available, world class, decently priced. Can't do too many of these pastry stouts. A simple, single adjunct is right up my alley
As far as beers I'd like to drink routinely, sure. Just hard to get excited over single-adjunct stouts when the market is saturated. The pastry stouts might be built to drink sparingly, but they at least bring something creative to the table.

0-1.jpg

My personal preferences lie lith the single adjuncts. Coffee, vanilla. Fine by me

For some reason my stomach has trouble handling these super sweet, high octane stouts. Can't do them too often

I've always said that Budweiser aquiring GI was one of the best things to happen to the Bourbon County brand.

Infrastructure and capital to aquire the barrels and store them for an extended period of time. People say BCBS has gotten worst year by year but I'll be damned if it still ain't one of the best BA stours out there

I agree Wally. After I polish off the Treehouse and Other half in my fridge, I'll probably take a break from hops for a while. Breweries like victory still killing the German styles. Their Helles is
:pimp: :pimp:
Genesee is what I get when I want a break from Hops or when I want a beer that tastes like “beer”

Got a 12 pack of their Schwarzbier for $7 and some change

Got their Octoberfest a couple of months ago when that was out

I’ll likely get a 12 pack of their bock when it comes out in the spring

Past couple of months..sorry for the crappy pics...

20181201_190344.jpg

Double with nelson and citra

20181123_135303.jpg

20181122_131644.jpg

20181104_144250.jpg

20181103_184523.jpg

Houston has some heat...always down to trade...

Attachments

• 20181121_182042.jpg
    20181121_182042.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 3
where did

the first picture was all picked up at a local bottle shop (sabatinis) at midnight on thanksgiving.

the bcbs variants were picked up on black friday by just driving around to different places.

and the ralphius variants were picked up at the brewery.

Had to crack this for the Giants game:
0E0F0E44-8C44-4534-8063-1967C62DE029.jpeg

Overall impression: it’s...fine. Just hard to not be a little frustrated drinking this knowing they scrapped BCBCS in order to make this. The dark fruit notes of the barleywine don’t work nearly as well as the chocolatey notes you get from the stout. The barrel character on this year’s beers is awesome though. Tastes more of toasted coconut and vanilla than actual bourbon, which adds to my frustration knowing how well this would have worked with the coffee stout. It’s not a drainpour, but it’s certainly forgettable. Make better choices, Goose Island.
3A6E61BB-69B8-4451-AEEF-55CC22B77CC5.gif

Axle brewing. located in Ferndale, MI. never heard of them untill like 4 days ago. Their latest offering from the Livernois Barrel Project(3rd release). Insufferable self-righteous.
A collaboration between Axle & Detroit City Distillery, inspired by the incredible Northern Guard Supporters of the Detroit City Football Club.
10% ABV Imperial Stout, aged in rye and bourbon barrels.
i dig it
20181202_155454.jpg

Back
Top Bottom