NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

D414A68A-A19C-44F1-9308-A20AA86FFB33.jpeg
This might be a bit of a longshot, but have any of you guys had this? Reviews don’t look to be anything super amazing, but I always really liked Dunkin coffee
I had it on draft last night

Didn’t care much for it

Wow^. Look for upper pass cloud drop. Great dipa. I swear that stuff is centralized to only VT though.

Gotta say if it's crossing state lines, that's a highly illegal act. You better stock up before the feds get involved. Any dates on those cans? Prices kind of crazy?

I have those shelves in my room. You sure this is a legit place and not someone's garage? Lol

Got some of that Guinness BBA stout. Four pack a bit pricey but I'll be the guinea pig. Passed on big bombers of CBS at $26.

Yeah tw. Just kind of on the floor in an odd spot. 5-6 cases worth there. Not in seasonal or bomber/single speciality aisle. Priced at $19/4. That's above black note I wanna say. It's only 10% as well. Small review to follow.

Hmmmm. Guinness BBA stout impressions

More or less on par with BBA 1050/black note/ lower tier BCBS. Not a bad class.

Solid vanilla and wood influence. A bit of a bourbon bite. ABV holds it down a bit. Almost feels too drinkable. Medium to light mouthfeel. Doesn't quite stand out given its price. Sweetness not creeping in at all.

I dunno. Lately, I've been cleaning house on my beer stash and haven't thought much of lagunitas high west, black note, or ba 1050, but to some degree this lower ABV beer is more on par with what I tend to like (regular 1050). Not sure it's worth the price point.

Don't think I've ever had Antwerpen. But have had regular FES. Quite solid but I think we could expect much greater given its price.

Last edited:
Told myself I wouldn't do it this year, but here I am:
0-1.jpg

Went to grab some muled Other Half cans from yesterday from the local spot when the god reached below the counter and whipped out the Vanilla and Wheatwine. I caved and got one of each along with the OG. Wasted no time. Always gotta start with the OG to set the tone for things to come. Overall impression: it's still a great barrel-aged imperial stout. This has stood the test of time and for good reason. With the amount of change that has taken place in the craft beer world within the past 2 or so years, they've stuck to their laurels and still manage to deliver. This has enough complexity of flavor on its own to not warrant any adjuncts. Huge notes of toasted coconut, vanilla, oak, and chocolate to keep the palate intrigued. Despite the AB-InBev takeover this beer remains world-class. Glad to see one thing has stayed static since I started getting into craft beer.

If you're a fan of NE-style IPAs you owe it to yourself to read through this month's Trillium thread on BeerAdvocate. Really shines a light on the grim reality of working some of these heavy-hitter breweries:

46520732_10106757986473027_6525781963901501440_n.jpg

Came across my feed this morning.

Also pointed out to my homie that Tired Hands inflated pricing is most likely largely in part to the fact that they offer all their employees full benefits (healthcare, 401k, etc). They also get a stake of ownership in the company as well. Not to mention the diversity and internship program they offer and the volunteer work around the town for Ardmore. I don't like paying $26 a four pack for an IPA but when I do buy from them, I know that it's not completely going in Jeans pockets.

Also, for the record. Treehouse>>>Trillium. Every IPA I've had from Trillium has been hit or miss for me (some even drain pours). Their wild ales however are outstanding .

Came across my feed this morning.

Also pointed out to my homie that Tired Hands inflated pricing is most likely largely in part to the fact that they offer all their employees full benefits (healthcare, 401k, etc). They also get a stake of ownership in the company as well. Not to mention the diversity and internship program they offer and the volunteer work around the town for Ardmore. I don't like paying $26 a four pack for an IPA but when I do buy from them, I know that it's not completely going in Jeans pockets.

Also, for the record. Treehouse>>>Trillium. Every IPA I've had from Trillium has been hit or miss for me (some even drain pours). Their wild ales however are outstanding .
Yeah. Last year I boldly stated that Trillium is on my "Do Not Buy" list and nothing has changed. Any Trillium IPAs I've had in the past year have been thrown my way have been extras, and none of them were all that great. Their stouts, on the other hand...

Weird thing I noticed about Tired Hands: they don't collab as much as they used to. Heard a very faint rumor that Jean and Matt/Sam from Other Half don't get along (hence why it's been over 2 years since we've seen a repeat collab). Wonder what the reasoning is behind the move/if there's any truth to the rumor.

Yeah. Last year I boldly stated that Trillium is on my "Do Not Buy" list and nothing has changed. Any Trillium IPAs I've had in the past year have been thrown my way have been extras, and none of them were all that great. Their stouts, on the other hand...

Weird thing I noticed about Tired Hands: they don't collab as much as they used to. Heard a very faint rumor that Jean and Matt/Sam from Other Half don't get along (hence why it's been over 2 years since we've seen a repeat collab). Wonder what the reasoning is behind the move/if there's any truth to the rumor.
From what I've heard, Jean is someone the people love or hate :lol: Jeans tight with the guys from Monkish since they both love brewing saisons

The Facebook thread on the Trillium topic is crazy too. JC posting updates. Paste magazine taking statements from the disgruntled ex employees. Apparently JC did an interview with the Boston Globe :rofl: this is wild man. Terrible timing before Thanksgiving but hey, if these allegations are true then they deserve it.

Between the new farm and a restaurant with $30 burgers, not a good look

Got a nice 4 day weekend starting now (I usually work Fridays). What are y'all drinking? BCBS went up around my way. Bw from last year was $16 a couple months ago. Now $20. Regular was $11. Now $13. Easy pass. CBS just dusting at $26. Just for the sake of the situation, I may go with my last bottle of BCBS from last year and last year's CBS.

On deck
Stone xocoveza
Founders breakfast stout
Pilsner urquell
Finally spotted a restock of Anderson valley blood orange gose.
Hamm's. Really been drinking the bottom of the barrel cheap stuff lately. Call it coming full circle I guess.

I've been off WC ipas for awhile now. Even some 100+ check in beers. They're just not doing it for me lately.

Although I had a black IPA with my lunch and previously found the sharp pine hoppy bite clashing with the darker roast flavors. But today, atleast for that one pint, it was refreshing. Never saying no to a retry. I'm sure I'll get an itch for a WC IPA soon.

Brewery employees are an interesting bunch. I never know if they are on server pay or regular pay. Can releases, they get crapped on for tips. Regular happy hour situations, they make Bank. I'd say it all balances out with more business. But I know of some workers who have went from one local brewery to the next because hours and benefits were better.

Even when I was at trillium. Beer garden, tips galore. But a retail pop-up shop, no tips there at all. It's all quite vague. TH, the same. Can lines had people walking with 15 gallons of beer. No tip. Yet a single 13 oz pour on site is worth $1.

I know that some delivery drivers make $11/hr and have to use their own vehicle. Yet a server doing far less is walking with $20+ with tips. I then wonder if Tip sharing exists.

Off to read that thread.

Treehouse is the exception for tips for me. I'll gladly tip there because their system for selling cans is crazy.

Otherwise, Im not going to tip to bring a fourpack to the register and pay. Pay your employees better. Stop putting that burden on the customer

Just read trillium owners bought a $3.7 million dollar home awhile back. And ab inbev are the bad guys here?

I said in that trillium thread, unless you're the owners I don't quite know what fair compensation is for being a bartender at these hyped breweries. There's no way they should be making more than the people making or delivering beer. Yet today at lunch, two beers delivered promptly to my table yielded a quick $2 tip to the bar tender. Our judgments and ideals for tipping in America is out of wack.

Even if they are making too much money, a wage decrease should never happen.

What prices are you guys seeing for the BCBS variants?

The wholesaler in my area got regular and orange

The distributor I usually go to got both and are charging $22.99 for the orange

I grabbed a single bottle of the regular today for $10.53 plus tax...that’s all I need

I didn't know the variants we're almost double the price?

I will def get 2 bottles of the regular for vertical purposes. I really want some vanilla, bramble, and propietors but not going to go through hoops to get them. Especially since I have a large Bottle Logic shipment coming

Trillium story keeps gettint uglier and uglier. Once again Treehouse>>>>. Heard nothing but great things about the employee life there as well

Back
Top Bottom