NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

I feel spoiled cause we have Pseudo here on shelves at all times. Granted I live less than two hours from Toppling but I've also heard they outsource the production of PsuedoSue to a place in Florida?

Sipping on some tonight. Not as good as I remembered it to be. Smells better than it tastes honestly. Getting some sweet mango/tropical notes then this lingering bitterness at the finish. There's definitely better local options here that are just as good, if not better.

wallyhopp wallyhopp Just saw that Cellarmaker just did a collab with LeCumbre. Beer sounds delicious!

Per their IG:
Danker's Team finds a happy place between Cali common and beefy IPA. We brewed it with a significant portion of Vienna malt and hopped the kettle with Nelson and Meridian. We then fermented at a cool temperature for a balance of lager and ale characteristics. Finally we dry hopped intensely with more Nelson, Simcoe and some South African XJA436.
The resulting brew drinks more like an IPA than anything. It's got tons of body and a creamy/pithy mouthfeel but only a touch of sweetness from the toasty Vienna. The aroma is big on Nelson dankness with hints of orange peel and a underlying lager like quality and some malt hiding just below.
We would describe this beer as nourishing, similar to how we felt about Elevated IPA years ago when we were searching for the next great IPA. 6.4% ABV 53 IBUs

Last edited:
So my family is having an Italian themed dinner party tonight and I wanted to pick up a beer. Anyone ever mess with Peroni? Or is there something better you guys recommend?

neosole89, just read. Tell me how it is. It wont make it here:smh:. There are some weird laws that since it wasn't brewed in state, the local breweries would need a different type of license in order to distribute and sell it. A brewed in house mirror batch wouldve been nice though :smh:

My other local brewery, Marble did a Collab with Stone and Odell just last month. It's in bombers. Im not sure if I posted about it or not. Sort of par for the course enjoy by like flavors imho. They also couldnt serve it in their taprooms.

Speaking of macro lagers and such, I have family who only drink that stuff, so when I'm around them I have no issues drinking some of it. I don't think you could have to go to such extremes though. Anymore local breweries are getting better at doing lagers and pilsners. If I'm session drinking, I may start with a Pivo Pils, then move onto a Pilsner Urquell. Lately, Anderson Valleys Blood Orange Gose has been a perfect 4.2% session compliment before I rip into the IPAs and Stouts.

i love variety too but dont think I can ever go back to true macro budget 30 pack stuff. ill do dos equis green bottles on a very hot day as a no frills not "thinking about what im drinking" beer. I've done Miller Lites on very hot days ice cold. There's a place and a purpose for everything imho. Luckily local breweries are getting into the lager game and brewing some nice beers. Its hard for people to see past the price, when its only a 5% beer vs. 8%. Way too many gravitate/drink for the ABV

With that, I have no recommendations from a true Italian beer standpoint. My TW has like 2 options. Peroni and Moretti. Moretti, a euro style lager, is rated just a touch higher. When I think of Italian food, I think of wines. Or I would say screw it, and drink some local lagers or pilsners

Last edited:
neosole89, just read. Tell me how it is. It wont make it here:smh:. There are some weird laws that since it wasn't brewed in state, the local breweries would need a different type of license in order to distribute and sell it. A brewed in house mirror batch wouldve been nice though :smh:

My other local brewery, Marble did a Collab with Stone and Odell just last month. It's in bombers. Im not sure if I posted about it or not. Sort of par for the course enjoy by like flavors imho. They also couldnt serve it in their taprooms.

Speaking of macro lagers and such, I have family who only drink that stuff, so when I'm around them I have no issues drinking some of it. I don't think you could have to go to such extremes though. Anymore local breweries are getting better at doing lagers and pilsners. If I'm session drinking, I may start with a Pivo Pils, then move onto a Pilsner Urquell. Lately, Anderson Valleys Blood Orange Gose has been a perfect 4.2% session compliment before I rip into the IPAs and Stouts.

i love variety too but dont think I can ever go back to true macro budget 30 pack stuff. ill do dos equis green bottles on a very hot day as a no frills not "thinking about what im drinking" beer. I've done Miller Lites on very hot days ice cold. There's a place and a purpose for everything imho. Luckily local breweries are getting into the lager game and brewing some nice beers. Its hard for people to see past the price, when its only a 5% beer vs. 8%. Way too many gravitate/drink for the ABV

With that, I have no recommendations from a true Italian beer standpoint. My TW has like 2 options. Peroni and Moretti. Moretti, a euro style lager, is rated just a touch higher. When I think of Italian food, I think of wines. Or I would say screw it, and drink some local lagers or pilsners
I appreciate the input. Yeah I've never tried it but it was the only one I could remember by name. Wine does seem more appropriate but my dad and uncles are beer drinkers. Lol.

It's like Becks, Heineken, Stella, or any other number of Euro Style lagers. Not terrible, and it wouldnt interrupt the flavors of the food @ all. Worth a try but yeah, there just isnt a lot that is coming from Italy at the moment. It's like Japan's Sapporo (which isnt even brewed in Japan). lol

It's $2 more because of the novelty of it all.

Last edited:

Taking a break from stouts. Gonna delve into gose and saisons more. Got a bomber of sumi ink that I plan to trade

Last edited:
Taking a break from stouts. Gonna delve into gose and saisons more. Got a bomber of sumi ink that I plan to trade

Absolutely love Mega Mix. Always stock up when I'm in FL for work.

Very happy to have a new client in my hometown. Boston trips will now go from my usual 3 to at least 7-8 annually.

More Trillium/Row 34 trips for sure. That Lawson's news was a great bonus the other day as well.

Managed to get 11 pints home this time. Still think I can manage more in the future.

Enjoying a DDH Melcher street tonight.

I feel spoiled cause we have Pseudo here on shelves at all times. Granted I live less than two hours from Toppling but I've also heard they outsource the production of PsuedoSue to a place in Florida?

Yeah the distribution TG beers are made in Lakeland, FL and unfortunately you can tell. The previous times I've had PseudoSue has been from Iowa. The Florida cans are good but it's not the same.

You ever feel like you can't smell/taste anything even without a stuffy nose, I can tell this is smooth and almost pick up the flavors but overall I can barely smell or taste it

Good haul for this weekend! Any one try the Frootwood by Founders yet?

Not bad. The barrel doesn't seem very prominent, it's light, and, and, really, I'm not sure. Has a light hint of tart which is good. I'm glad I got some but I don't think I'd chase it down.

Last edited:
And a bit more :lol:

This is goddamn delicious! The 17% is pretty hidden too :lol:

Last edited:
^I'm curious why you bought both a 4 pack and a bomber

Because it was one or the other per person but the dude that works there knows I go in a lot and asked if I wanted one of each so said yeah. I'm gonna give my sister the bomber.
So happens its tuesday is pretty damn good.

I'm gonna try it tomorrow. There was a couple more so if it's good I may snag one more and let it sit a bit. I'm sure I can google it but isn't that the one they use Black Tuesdays base beer from?

Last edited:

That sucks man. I'll definitely let you know how it is.

Hitup Fieldwork today for their release of Hazy Train. Nice melon/cantaloupe like notes. Super easy drinking at 6.9%. Fantastic brew!

Trying Abita's sweet orange. I really do enjoy their approach when it comes to fruit beers. Great cookout or beach drink.

What beers y'all drinking for the game?

Last edited:
This weekends lineup and for today

Pre game session ales/lagers. Your game time ipas and halftime, a fbsxXoco mix.

Cheers ppl

Back
Top Bottom