NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Thank you! Was already over there twice today and don't feel like getting back in the car. Gonna head over tomorrow and pick some up. 

I finally found some Elysian Space Dust in singles. I like their label, brewed in Seattle WA and Fort Collins CO. BUD facility brewed essentially. Basically, they are doing a soft roll out of just the IPA to select new markets, and my area was one of them I guess. Other Elysian may be coming soon.

This and DFH 60 minute have come into town and are asking nearly Ballast Point prices for their IPAs in sixers. I could see if the taste was up to that level, but they are NOT. Local ipas range from $8 to $10. Breweries like Deschutes, SN, and NB are asking $8-10 as well. BP is $13, and now these new guys are sitting at $11 and $13.. NO THANKS!

Space Dust was one of the biggest disappointments of the new year for me. Truly an old hop/astringently bitter vibe going on here. How can a beer be SO sweet, and so bitter at the same time. There is no balance.
Crazy, the more we progress, the more crap we have to rummage through. We may have more breweries than ever, but some of the more mediocre ones are taking up all the tap lines

Mangudai954, question for you about High Westified. Was it a bit sour at all? There were reports that some initial batches had to be recalled due to some off flavors... Rye ( the barrel variety of which it was aged in) also has a unique flavor. I felt high westified was quite bitter, but overall quite a nice treat at 12%. Nothing seemed off about it at all. I saw a guy today walk out with a case of them (the last in town I presume). It has lasted far longer than I would have guessed.

Solid stout, is black note just a barrel aged version of this? Seems like it is

I love expidition, I had a 2014 the other day. Having cigar city raspberry halo stout tonight. Not as sweet as I would've thought. Solid brew.

Last edited:
Mikkeller x Alpine collab for an IIIPA. Wewwwwww!! I could crush about 5 of these, then be down for the count. Don't taste a hint of the 10.5%.

^forgot to look for that and the BA version, what kind of flavors are you getting from it?

Haze tasting as good as ever
^forgot to look for that and the BA version, what kind of flavors are you getting from it?

Haze tasting as good as ever

To me its just like BOMB! but a thicker body and its a bit more balanced. You still get the coffee, vanilla, and the peppers on the back end but i remember bomb being more intense as far as the coffee and vanilla. But yeah try and grab one or some lol hopefully i can find the BA version.

Last edited:
Not sure how some of these breweries classify an DIPA with 35 IBU's. But hey. Marketing right? All about that haze...

And I've said it before. Bible Belt>>>>Bomb!

Headed to NYC this weekend. Guna check out other half any other recommendation dope tap rooms with good food. Or food spots in general??

never really looked into it or paid attention, but whats the primary differences in an IPA, DIPA and 3xIPA?
IBU's and ABV % according to the BJCP. On the other hand, those hazy NE style IPA's aren't even a technical style according to BJCP. So, who knows.
That 35 IBU DIPA someone posted is barely a Pale Ale on the BJCP scale.

Snagged these today. I really haven't bought anything in quite a while. I took like a 3 week break a month or so ago and honestly ever since then, my craving (for lack of a better term) has gone down. Still couldn't pass on these. I've had the original but never the variants.

Never been a fan of stone ipa's but they make great porters and stouts

Not sure what I expected with pot and kettle but it's pretty basic, well rounded but nothing stands out

....Damn this is a heavy brew, crazy strong flavor, almost feels like eating a full meal

Last edited:
IBU's and ABV % according to the BJCP. On the other hand, those hazy NE style IPA's aren't even a technical style according to BJCP. So, who knows.
That 35 IBU DIPA someone posted is barely a Pale Ale on the BJCP scale.

Probably referring to the beer I posted. Looked at the can again and it's 55 IBU's, my bad! Seems like the NE style beers are typically lower in IBU's and focuses more on a creamy like mouthfeel. No complaints here, with the exception of a few, most are actually really tasty!

My friend sent me a very exciting screenshot this morning. Here's to all of my fellow Massachusetts buddies!!!! He is currently trying to get it distributed to his store

^hopefully it will be more easily available when i go to Boston later this year

I'm in PA and i know of a couple of places getting cans and kegs but they're and hour and an hour and a half away from me, respectively, and they were gone in no time...the wholesaler or wholesalers that had them may not even serve my market

anyone family w/ Decicco's & Sons in New York??

it's a small chain of markets which has some locations w/ bars and bottle shops that are supposed to be really good

^the only ones I know of are in westchester, I went to one a while ago, good selection but high prices, I think they are best for growler fills, I saw a crowler from there while in line at other half this past weekend and an ex of mine got a growler of cloudbusting from there

Back
Top Bottom