NT: The People v OJ / 30 for 30: OJ

What's crazy is this show is about OJ Simpson, but this show has essentially made everyone else BUT OJ Simpson as the star(s) of this case.

ojgif1.gif

What's crazy is this show is about OJ Simpson, but this show has essentially made everyone else BUT OJ Simpson as the star(s) of this case.

It's true, and I think that's because it is necessary for the show to work. Different than this Esquire special we'll be getting this coming Sunday - which apparently is going to cover not just the trial, but his life and leading up to it.

I for one wouldn't want enjoy this FX series if it was all Cuba all the time, even from his perspective. To be honest, and maybe it's because I don't know much about how OJ acted, but Cuba is the weakest link IMO.

I think because they're moving under the premise that public accepts that OJ committed the murders :smh:

I think because they're moving under the premise that public accepts that OJ committed the murders
mean.gif
Nah it's not this, and it isn't because of Cuba's acting either which has been very good to me.

It's because The OJ Simpson case has been talked about at Nauseum for over 2 decades. There's no story w/ OJ Simpson.

However, there is a story w/Marcia, Chris, Shapiro, F Lee bailey, players in this ordeal that the general public either don't know, or forgot about how essential they were to this case. FX probably realized that the real story to sell in 2016 in regards to the OJ Simpson case lies in the less publicized characters that make up the case.

They used Cuba as OJ enough

We probably would hate it if we got a ton of him

Last edited:
How this dude Fuhrman still has a job in AmeriKKKa is beyond my comprehension. And I think he's on TV no less :smh: :smh:

Fixed.

I'm not surprised one bit. Everything he said is how cops across the country get down.

So what happened right after all this came out? Did they get rid of him?

When Fuhrman walked into the courtroom, even OJ's blackness looked like it was finally going to come out after listening to those tapes

Word. :rofl:

Fuhrman retired from the LAPD in 1995. In 1996, he pleaded no contest to perjury for his false testimony related to his use of racial epithets, although his record was later expunged.[4] Fuhrman has stated that he is not a racist and apologized for his previous use of racist language.[5] Many of his minority former coworkers have expressed support for him.

:smh:

This recent ep made wish we got an ep focusing on Judge Ito :lol:

I didn't know judges had to refer to themselves as "the court" when making statements on record. When he said "the court's wife" I was like who?

Also loved how Darden exploded in court and then Marcia having his back like that after their arguments and he got loud with her. Showed their bond real well just with the eye contact. When she started going off I was like :wow: Ito about to fine the **** out of both of them.

Ohhh I do remember in a earlier episode Judge Ito's wife looking some paper with Fuhrmans name on it and she paused.

Man this show is good.

Fuhrman retired from the LAPD in 1995. In 1996, he pleaded no contest to perjury for his false testimony related to his use of racial epithets, although his record was later expunged.[4] Fuhrman has stated that he is not a racist and apologized for his previous use of racist language.[5] Many of his minority former coworkers have expressed support for him.

**** train is comin.....choo choo!

Darden had to leave the courtroom when Fuhrman was cross examined. When the prosecution team ain't ****** with u :smh:

[thread="643741"]:lol:  of course Dan and Bomani say it's the best thing since sliced bread. They work for ESPN. I don't wanna watch all of OJ's life just get to the action. But FXX beat everyone to the punch anyway. Do the masses really wanna watch another OJ show again?[/thread]

Absolutely, especially a 30 for 30 at that :pimp:

It's a 5 part 30 for 30 too, ESPN never lets us down when it comes to 30 for 30.

And like everyone else mentioned, Dan and Bomani aren't company men, they just had Wayne and 2 Chainz up there talkin' about weed, alcohol, and strippers :rofl:

I've been on the fence with Cuba Gooding playing OJ, but I gotta give the guy his props. He's been great in the limited time he gets compared to the other characters. The club scene, the phone call to the lawyers last week, the workout video, the football/Juice references...Absolute comedy :lol:

QFT.

:smh: :smh: :smh: .. only cornball brothers would express some kind of support after hearing those tapes :smh:

Darden done ****** around and found his balls this episode

QFT

The real case didn't actually have Darden screaming over at Cochran or yellin at Ito tho did it? I don't remember any of that, but I'd love to see the real footage.

Man, Furhman........ :smh:

Too bad someone didn't catch up to him somewhere.

The real case didn't actually have Darden screaming over at Cochran or yellin at Ito tho did it? I don't remember any of that, but I'd love to see the real footage.

Man, Furhman........
mean.gif

Too bad someone didn't catch up to him somewhere.
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/03/people-v-oj-simpson-episode-9-recap

Did Chris Darden really lose it at Johnnie Cochran over accusations that he himself was racist in quoting from a witness?

Not quite. Darden called out Cochran, but with “quiet dignity,” according to Jeffrey Toobin’s source book, The Run of His Life: “That’s created a lot of problems for my family and myself, statements that you make about me and race, Mr. Cochran.”

Did Chris Darden really lose it during a cross-examination and refuse to apologize to the judge?

Yes, this is true and far worse a transgression than portrayed on-screen. The disagreement between Cochran and Darden was actually over cross-examination of Detective Lange. Ito did instruct Darden to calm down and take “three breaths,” but he still refused to apologize to Ito. A lawyer present to cover for CNBC (O.J.’s original choice for trial attorney, Wyoming cowboy Gerry Spence) became so incredulous that he screamed out, “Jesus Christ!” Clark did offer to remove her jewelry and go to jail with Darden (a move that he writes briefly about with obvious affection and admiration); in the end, he offered a weak apology to avoid jail.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom