NT Going Bald Crew: Male Pattern Baldness FTL

Haha I was a little confused by that too but I was thinking maybe he meant my expression?

If not...

3862285B-7A0C-478B-B97C-1EB9C5D78561.gif

Keep that bad juju away from me, Mark!

Reactions: Ube
Rocking a baldy is WAY more maintenance and can be a major pain in the ***.

Your balding pattern (see Norwood scale), how quickly your hair grows, and tolerance for responses (i.e. skin sensitivity from shaving), and level of security matter how one approaches being bald.

Honestly, I don’t blame certain folks for wearing follicle units.

Rocking a baldy is WAY more maintenance and can be a major pain in the ***.

That's why Im gonna try the finasteride route out first for like a year and see how it goes. Cant slack on maintaining the bald/shaved head look unless u really don't care.

MPB runs in my mom's side of the family (the side you inherit MPB from) so it was only a matter of time.

This is actually a myth.

There isn't a single "baldness gene."

There are two main genes that we currently know about.

One on chromosome 20 (IE, a chromosome that you inherit from both parents)

And one on the X chromosome (a male inherits an X chromosome only from his mother)

For a male,

• inheriting a "baldness promoting allele" on the X chromosome gene increases the odds of baldness by about 1.17 times

• inheriting a "not-baldness promoting allele" on the X chromosome gene means that the male's chance of going bald is multiplied by roughly 0.35 times -- aka the odds are decreased

• each copy of a "baldness promoting allele" on chromosome 20 (remember, a male has two copies of this chromosome whereas he only has one copy of the X) increases the odds by about 1.77 times.

• each copy of a "not-baldness promoting allele" on chromosome 20 translates to roughly 0.38 times lower odds
You have to look at both of these genes to get some idea of what a man's hairline will look like.

Also, genetics does not fully explain male-pattern baldness. The estimated heritability of male pattern baldness is 81% whereas a fully genetic trait (such as eye color, cystic fibrosis, etc) would be 100% heritable.

Female baldness seems to be significantly less heritable than male baldness. There is no statistically significant relationship between the chromosome 20 gene I outlined above and female baldness. The X chromosome gene does seem to play somewhat of a role, but not to the extent seen in male pattern baldness. Even if a woman does have two "baldness promoting alleles" on the X, she is unlikely to actually go bald.

By the way, on the X gene, in European populations, roughly 75% of the alleles are "baldness promoting" alleles and 25% are "not baldness promoting" alleles. That means there's a hell of a lot of women with two "baldness" alleles, yet relatively few bald women.

Side note: regarding the OP's question about the mother's father: This "old saying" is related to the fact that one of the "baldness genes" is on the X chromosome, which a male inherits only from his mother.

But, there's a 50/50 chance of ending up with the maternal grandfather's "baldness gene" and a 50% chance of ending up with the maternal grandmother's "baldness gene."

If you end up with your maternal grandmother's "baldness gene", then your maternal grandfather's hairline is somewhat irrelevant (although, you could end up inheriting your chromosome 20 baldness gene from your grandfather, -- but again, the odds of inheriting that gene from one grandparent vs. the other are equally probable.)

Rockin the baldie full razor shave for about 2 years now.
Feels great during the summer.
Word of advice for anyone shaving it off- use sunscreen and use anything you would on your face on your head too. After shave, moisturiser, etc

I used to shave my head bald in high school. I cut it as well as I could with a razor but could still feel stubble and my shirts would get stuck to my head when I would change.

I'm not confident enough to go bald. I feel like I have a odd-shaped head.

And my thinning is not even either. SMH.

Homeboy looked so defeated.

I got another year myself. I feel so helpless. :smh:

C899454F-37A1-4E0C-946A-6E888F5F9823.jpeg

Now I’m bout to be bald as a B

Last edited:
Rule of thumb is if you go bald, bulk up and grow a beard. Can't be frail and hairless, the womenz will think you sick. And the Papi's will test your gangsta.

I feel the struggle though holding on for dear life but it maybe a wrap. Either baldness or transplant. Man science Needs to hurry up on this ****. My line was crispier than a southerner women's dinner plate.
Lol

Dudes will test your gangsta with or without a beard if they think u a herb that they can get over with ...ive rocked a baldie & was clean shaved & personally never had problems with or sometimes rock a mustache with chinstrap ...i dont get fuked with (imma slim dude at that)..so idk about that rule of thumb u mentioning

But to the op like others said just embrace nature & get a complete baldie..i can grow all my hair out but i personally feel nothing beats a fresh baldie especially during the spring -summer

Yeah I'm surprised there has been more significant advancement, stem cells and what not.

Came home a couple months back. Couple things I’m noticing. The maintenance is a ***. My hair grows back wild fast so I have to cut it every two days or so. Before, I used to get a cut every 2 weeks. I could prob let it go for a week, but I prefer to keep it looking clean. Can get pretty annoying.

Question though. What are you guys using on your head for maintenance (i.e. skincare, shampoo, moisturizers, etc)? I’m finding my head to get itchy sometimes when the hair is growing back.

I’ve been team bald for the last 3 years now. Glad I went that route. Sucks my hairline went to complete **** by age 30, but better to let it all go than try to hang on for deal life and have to wear fitteds all the time lol.

If a legit hair regrowth option ever happens though in my lifetime, Ima be on that Brian Urlacher hair regrowth wave.

Came home a couple months back. Couple things I’m noticing. The maintenance is a ***. My hair grows back wild fast so I have to cut it every two days or so. Before, I used to get a cut every 2 weeks. I could prob let it go for a week, but I prefer to keep it looking clean. Can get pretty annoying.

Question though. What are you guys using on your head for maintenance (i.e. skincare, shampoo, moisturizers, etc)? I’m finding my head to get itchy sometimes when the hair is growing back.
I just use water & coconut oil my hair starts to fully grow in depending on how little stubble i have after i cut it low in about 2 weeks....shave as low as i can get with clippers Throw some oil on & go about my business no maintenance required like when i was getting light ceasers & braids

Back
Top Bottom