NT CHRISTIANS ENTER! VOL. YES ANOTHER ONE

Why did I even make this stupid %**$?
smh.gif

I must've been bored or something...

NO ONE? ANY ONE? MMMM

The cross symbol is old, I don't think there is anyone out there who thinks it originated from Christianity. The fact that it symbolizes sacrifice is justbased off the Jesus story and him being crucified, a common punishment. So I'm not sure what you were trying to prove. People aren't "wrong"for relating sacrifice to Christianity. They believed that He died on the cross, hence eventually the cross represents something important to Christians.

As far as that comparison picture of Mary/Jesus and that Egyptian thing, so what? As if, Egyptians are the ones who invented holding their babies in thatfashion. I'm sure I could find ancient Chinese paintings depicting a similar image, does that mean there's some connection?
I believe that the MARY and JESUS we know of was plagurized from ancient egyptian mtholog
Are you trying to say that a person named Jesus never existed? There are VERY few historians out there who deny the historical Jesus. They mightdebate Jesus as Christ, but there is very little argument as to his historical existence. I think you should try taking a couple religious study courses incollege instead of getting your knowledge through the internet or uncited sources. Not trying to offend you, just that if you want to pursue the"truth" look at it from more than one perspective.

Originally Posted by ReliantJ

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Originally Posted by ReliantJ

Someone always want to use the argument that religion is responsible for so many deaths and as such, it's an abominable construct. But ask yourself, how many deaths occur with no religion involved. Statistically, I'm willing to bet that Non-Religious killings > greatly surpasses killings made in the name of religion.
SO if Michael kills 1 person, but Steve kills 100, Michael is a cool dude?
And were those non-religious murders in the name of atheism
No where in my response did I justify "holy wars" and/or religious killings; so don't try to make it seem like i did...

What's more interesting is the fact that you're straying away from the real question i asked, or rather, the idea i presented. Which is that, statistically speaking, killings made in the name of religion are fewer than killings non-religion motivated killings.
Actually my response was to that. Re-read. Obviously, not all murders are religious murders. They are a very small portion. What is your point?
I simply brought this up because you chose to introduce "holy wars" in attempt to demonize religion even further.

Further? [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Where else[/color] did I say anything negative?

My point was, don't reference "Holy Wars" in an attempt to slight religion because as you just stated yourself, "not all murders are religious murders. They Religious murdersare a very small portion"...that's my point

The use of the word [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]further[/color] wasn't meant to single you out necessarily.It's meant to implicate all the "religion bashers" that posted and subsequently demonized religion.
My bad. Just a simple case of typing to fast...

your reaching.

so if science cant explain love, can religion?
This whole topic is reaching. This whole thread is reaching. Comon, lets be foreal. OP did not start this thread because he wanted a nice little chit chat. This was just one of the many threads subliminally dedicated to discrediting "religion", and belittling believers and followers. One way non-believers do that is by bringing in Science because y'all are under the impression that Science is infallible.

I simply provided reasons showcasing how science is inherently flawed. That's why i brought in the example of Love. I doubt religious folk in here have said anything about Religion being absolute. As a Christian, I admit there are inconsistancies in the Bible, so I don't go claiming my religion is supreme. Athiest do that though with their God doesnt exist religion.

Athiest believe in science and use that as the tool to discredit religion. But clearly, y'all cant handle it when someone discredits y'all belief system. You can dish it but can't take it...
smh.gif
smh.gif

you proved nothing. Science explains how love works. But what is love is different from person to person. that has nothing to do withbiological science. Psychological and semantics, yes (which is science too i guess). Science is far from flawed, and is fallible, thats thepoint. It can be correct. what is unknown can be researched and tested. Your trying to find a fault thats not there.

Originally Posted by White23Chocolate

God doesnt exist, you have to serve yourself.... Do all that is right and you will be ok...
But with out the bible you wouldnt know whats right, and 10 commandments are mostly laws since America was founded by "Christians"

the bible sounds to me like a good story with morals and values and the way you should live your life by. with no facts or proof, on that note

GE 4:16 Cain went away (or out) from the presence ofthe Lord.
JE 23:23-24 A man cannot hide from God. Godfills heaven and earth.

GE 6:4 There were Nephilim (giants) before the Flood.
GE 7:21 All creatures other than Noah and his clanwere annihilated by the Flood.
NU 13:33 There were Nephilim after the Flood.

GE 1:3-5 On the first day, God created light, thenseparated light and darkness.
GE 1:14-19 The sun (which separates night and day)wasn't created until the fourth day.

GE 1:26-27 Man and woman were created at the sametime.
GE 2:7, 21-22 Man was created first, woman sometime later.

GE 2:15-17, 3:4-6 It is wrong to want to be able to tell good from evil.
HE 5:13-14 It is immature to be unable to tellgood from evil.

GE 4:9 God asks Cain where his brother Able is.
PR 15:3, JE 16:17, 23:24-25, HE 4:13 God is everywhere. He sees everything. Nothing is hidden from hisview.

and i have been reading the bible just to get my own understanding of it, why is there sin in man? cause adam and eve ate the fruit and passed sin throughoutall man right. well god said if he ate the fruit he would know all things good and bad correct? well if god told him not to, then the devil told him too, hedidnt know right from wrong, so eating the fruit he didnt know was right or wrong! so why are we being held responsible for him doing something he wasnt awareof.
nerd.gif

im not atheist im not religious im just curious!
alien.gif

Why would you want to be come a Christian? Knowing theykilled thousand just because they didn't believe in what the church said, pretty stupid.

i don't think God's seven days are the same as our 24 hours days...his days may be millions of years...

Many people have studied cults. Because all cults have different beliefs, cult experts have identified common characteristics of cults, which they use toidentify new cults. Thus, an organization can be identified as a cult no matter what their beliefs are. We have used the following lists of cultcharacteristics to help us analyze whether or not the Society of St. Pius X (SSPX) is a religious cult. We make the following lists available to others as apublic service. If you have any reason to believe that you or anyone close to you is involved with a group that you suspect is a cult (religious or not) thenyou can use the following lists to help you decide whether the group is a cult. (Please note that a group doesn't need to have all the characteristics inany one list to really be a destructive cult. If a group has more than half of the cult characteristics in any of the lists below, then you should beconcerned.

Characteristics:

1. The group is focused on a living leader to whom members seem to display excessively zealous, unquestioning commitment.

2. The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.

3. The group is preoccupied with making money.

4. Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.

5. Mind-numbing techniques (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, debilitating work routines) are used to suppress doubtsabout the group and its leader(s).

6. The leadership dictates sometimes in great detail how members should think, act, and feel (for example: members must get permission from leaders to date,change jobs, get married; leaders may prescribe what types of clothes to wear, where to live, how to discipline children, and so forth).

7. The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s), and members (for example: the leader is considered the Messiah or anavatar; the group and/or the leader has a special mission to save humanity).

8. The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which causes conflict with the wider society.

9. The group's leader is not accountable to any authorities (as are, for example, military commanders and ministers, priests, monks, and rabbis ofmainstream denominations).

10. The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify means that members would have considered unethical before joining the group (forexample: collecting money for bogus charities).

11. The leadership induces guilt feelings in members in order to control them.

12. Members' subservience to the group causes them to cut ties with family and friends, and to give up personal goals and activities that were of interestbefore joining the group.

13. Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group.

14. Members are encouraged or required to live and/or socialize only with other group members.

i don't think God's seven days are the same as our 24 hours days...his days may be millions of years...

Again, you're trying to imply that God literally wrote the bible Himself and blasted it down to Earth or something. People wrote the Bible, meaning thereisn't ambiguity in what a day should be. The ONLY ambiguity comes from translating from the original language into English.

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

Again, you're trying to imply that God literally wrote the bible Himself and blasted it down to Earth or something. People wrote the Bible, meaning there isn't ambiguity in what a day should be. The ONLY ambiguity comes from translating from the original language into English.
ahh. the one flaw with pople saying that one day in the creation story doesnt equal an actual day

Back
Top Bottom