****NOVEMBER PICK-UP POST. RULE #2: DO NOT QUOTE PICS!****

roll.gif
@ zen boots
eek.gif
@ paris

buy my shoes!

Originally Posted by JMKickz

nbirn2103 -- the paris are dope, no doubt about that.... and I hate to do this (even tho NT loves this crap) but it sure seems like all you buy are HYPED up and very expensive SBs. I mean, londons, tokyos, pigeons, paris, and who the hell knows what else. I guess what Im asking is if you ever even wear them or just buy whats "cool"
Fair question. I've collected shoes for about 10 + years now. There came a point in my life where I was in dire need of money and had to selleverything that I had off to recover from my financial difficulties.

There are some shoes I always wanted growing up that I could never afford. Shoes I saw release and pass me by. But now that I hold a few jobs, I am able topurchase the shoes I once wanted.

I have two collections - one that I keep DS and the other that I wear. The more rarer shoes, I do keep DS (like the city series dunks) for the sake of value.However I do have many rare shoes I do rock (mainly jordan's - 99 jordan bred iv's, true blue iii's, cements iii's, etc. . . )

I can't say I buy "what's cool". But I do like to buy shoes that I like that I know will hold their value.

Originally Posted by air max 87

Paris aint even that
pimp.gif
, honestly they look like some BS that nike SB would put out now, they werent hot then, and really arent now, just another over hyped shoe
grin.gif

lol i agree 100 percent, looks like art work done by a 3rd grader. hahahahaha

2czzwqg.jpg
2ih861c.jpg

Rebel 8 represent! One of my favorite artists, brands and kicks......all rolled into one. Good luck trying to find the Dollins. I couldn't find themanywhere in the Bay, but ended up in the last place I would have checked.

Re: Paris Dunks Responses,

Personally, if they weren't that expensive I would totally cop. I think that they're really simple and clean. I don't think they're greatenough to spend thousands of dollars on--frankly I can't think of a single shoe I would be willing to spend a thousand bucks on. It's just a reallyrare piece to have in a collection. I completely understand, though.

I have been waiting so long to get a new blackberry, I had the 8820 for about a year and a half, and it was a great phone but compared to the bold, not even inthe same class..
pimp.gif

e0a2561eac6d407552b4d0e4aca313cbc69e553.pjpg

I have two collections - one that I keep DS and the other that I wear. The more rarer shoes, I do keep DS (like the city series dunks) for the sake of value. However I do have many rare shoes I do rock (mainly jordan's - 99 jordan bred iv's, true blue iii's, cements iii's, etc. . . )

to each his own but i do not see the point of getting shoes if you are not gonna wear them..ive rocked every thing i ever bought 1st series laser af1 esposheinkens etc and really could care less of the worth i just like shoes..

Originally Posted by nbirn2103

But I do like to buy shoes that I like that I know will hold their value.
i could give a crap about what people buy with their own money but that statement just seemed kinda
grin.gif

Just want to share my new pick-ups for this week...
wink.gif

Jumpman Pro Retro...
4e5256de093fcf139a5a5ac3224f6a591fd2c8f.jpg

Nike Shox Spotlight...
683157eb3df99fa8bb19e428149199c55a30c47.jpg

Fresh boy dj

good picks ups sir!
mostly the uptempos, how much?

my bday just passed and I'm still searchin for the right pair to buy for myself lol.

Originally Posted by dabossofbosses

I have two collections - one that I keep DS and the other that I wear. The more rarer shoes, I do keep DS (like the city series dunks) for the sake of value. However I do have many rare shoes I do rock (mainly jordan's - 99 jordan bred iv's, true blue iii's, cements iii's, etc. . . )

to each his own but i do not see the point of getting shoes if you are not gonna wear them..ive rocked every thing i ever bought 1st series laser af1 espos heinkens etc and really could care less of the worth i just like shoes..

Yeah....the art (if that is an art) of collecting shoes DS is pretty much gone with the over saturation of kicks that are out. It was a lot coolerwhen things weren't retroed. I wouldn't even consider my small stash a collection. It's just a bunch of shoes. Every time I get all excited and copsome shoes or miss out on some, I never even trip cause there is always another pair that comes out that makes me feel the same way. But yes....to each theirown. I remember when it was cool just to know alot about kicks....but now I even think that is a little over top. I got schooled by some guy on Vans yesterdaycause I thought the Dollins were Alvas. He actually belittled me when I was in my corporate monkey suite.......but at least I can heelflip in them.

I guess to each their own. I have owned hundreds & hundreds of kicks, many which I never wore - not because of value but because I just never got around tothem. After I moved in with my lady, I had to unload rooms full of kicks because of limited space. Selling so many helped me put a down payment down on aplace, but they provided me years of enjoyment (and footwear - lol). I do miss walking into a room and "rediscovering" kicks - that was the best. Butlike I said, to each his/her own.

Fresh Boy, sick Uptempos. My size too
smile.gif

No heat for me - some Fusions on the cheap....

2j0xquo.jpg

I have snagged quite a bit lately - I'll get around to snapping pics this weekend. TGIF!

I have owned hundreds & hundreds of kicks, many which I never wore - not because of value but because I just never got around to them

exactly i think i have close to a thousand pairs and only reason any thing is ds is cause i have not got to them yet..or i forgot i even had them some timeslol

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by dabossofbosses

to each his own but i do not see the point of getting shoes if you are not gonna wear them..ive rocked every thing i ever bought 1st series laser af1 espos heinkens etc and really could care less of the worth i just like shoes..
Yeah....the art (if that is an art) of collecting shoes DS is pretty much gone with the over saturation of kicks that are out. It was a lot cooler when things weren't retroed. I wouldn't even consider my small stash a collection. It's just a bunch of shoes. Every time I get all excited and cop some shoes or miss out on some, I never even trip cause there is always another pair that comes out that makes me feel the same way. But yes....to each their own. I remember when it was cool just to know alot about kicks....but now I even think that is a little over top. I got schooled by some guy on Vans yesterday cause I thought the Dollins were Alvas. He actually belittled me when I was in my corporate monkey suite.......but at least I can heelflip in them.

Well stated above. The art of collecting and keeping a DS collection has disappeared. Chances are you won't catch me with a pair ofjordan's on my feet made before 2003 due to poor quality issues. I feel like I'm from a different era of shoe collecting in comparison to now. Ican't keep with all the new releases (sb's or jordan's) and IMO most of them are hot garbage now-a-days. I just pursue shoes that I wanted when Iwas younger and could never have.

Shoe collecting is a hobby to me - not my identity. I don't need to rock them to appreciate them. I'd rather just keep the rare shoes in pristinecondition if I can because I'll probably never see or obtain another pair again. But to each their own I guess.

Back
Top Bottom