NOOK or Kindle?

mmg

Banned
My NTers who are E-readers, im thinking about picking one or the other up, any advantages about the either?

likes / dislikes?

which one is better than the other? thanks.

thanks
pimp.gif

I have the 2nd Kindle and it works well enough for me. It has upped the amount of reading I do. I don't have any experience with the new Kindle Fire but I hear they're already planning the follow up to it since the Fire was relased 3-4 months behind schedule.

Go to the store and figure out which on u like better. I got the Nook simple touch, its an optimal reading device, no complaints. At this point they can only get better if they introduce touch color e-ink or some built in reading light. Otherwise, these devices are pretty much as good as u can get for reading. For 79-99$ u wont take the L regardless which one u get. Me peronsally, i like the feel and design of the nook better, im also not sure that the kindle can read pdf's without converting. 

Neither.

Just cop IPAD 2 when it drops to $250 later this week after IPAD 3 is announced.

I was thinking to get one of them, but I decided to get the Asus Transformer because I got it for a slightly higher price than both, I know the Nook has 1 GB ram, which would help with apps and other things, I would get the Nook if I had to choose between the 2.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Neither.

Just cop IPAD 2 when it drops to $250 later this week after IPAD 3 is announced.

they dont need all that, just a simple reading device to use, thats why i was asking, obviously the ipad would be the better of the the 3, but all that isnt needed.

I've heard many people like the Kindle better simply because it doesn't have the backlit screen and you can read without the glare

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

I've heard many people like the Kindle better simply because it doesn't have the backlit screen and you can read without the glare
I'll attest to that. I love my kindle (the one with the keys but the newer touch one would be fine too).
Forget the kindle fire. Buy the kindle if you just want to READ (which is what I have it for). Get yourself a real tablet / ipad if you're looking to do more with it.

I don't know too much about the nook, but as someone who has a Kindle I definitely endorse it. Easy on the eyes (looks and use), can store a bunch of books. Also if you have Amazon Prime I think you can check out books from Amazon for free. Not all titles are available, but you can get some books like 'Moneyball', 'The Last Lecture' and a bunch of others. It is limited to one per month but hey a free book is always nice right?

Nook Simple Touch. I can't attest to the usefulness of the Kindle but I have a NST and its an amazing e-reader. It just works and it includes none of the extra fluff that is going to interfere with one's reading. It's easier to carry around than a book and has a stellar one-month battery life. I've read about 6 or so books on it since I've got it last fall. The sleek, utilitarian design along with the built in Merriam-Webster dictionary has helped me to read more efficiently while vastly improving my vocabulary. It's the easy choice, IMO.

p1010240.jpg

Originally Posted by MMG

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Neither.

they dont need all that, just a simple reading device to use, thats why i was asking, obviously the ipad would be the better of the the 3, but all that isnt needed.

for reading? no

I have a kindle and it's pretty cool. The screen died on mine but I had a new one withing 48 hours from Amazon - pretty good customer service.

It's a bit like an iPod I think - the best thing about it is the fact that you can get millions of books in seconds straight from your Amazon account. Some of the prices are crazy though - last night I saw a book where the paperback was 9.99 or something but the Kindle version wsa 12.99. That's just seems wrong.

Most of the time I don't spend more than about $8 but there are a ton of free books available too.

Isn't google coming out with a reader/tablet this year? That's what i'm waiting on.

between the nook and kindle, go with the kndle. amazon has waaay more available titles than the nook (and i have a nook)

also, the backlit screen thing. sucks trying to read in the sun, almost impossible, plus i end up having to charge mine every 5 days or so (unless i have the wifi on, then it's every 2-3 days)

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Isn't google coming out with a reader/tablet this year? That's what i'm waiting on.
So they could track and sell your literary desires?

Grab a Kindle, op. It's the best pure e-reader.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Amazon tracks, the items you browse at and buy. "This what other people have gotten together with this item" "The items you've looked at before" "Authors you think you'll read" etc....isn't that the same as tracking.

Bought my wife a Nook Simple Touch for Christmas last year. Works great and she loves it. Device is easy to use and beautiful to look at. Plus, there are no ads. It's a great, high-quality product.

Kindle has some great features as well. The main reason I bought the NST was that my mother has a Nook and she shares books with my wife. I will say that NST is a little more open and allows users to checkout books from public libraries.

Originally Posted by Vendetta

I have the 2nd Kindle and it works well enough for me. It has upped the amount of reading I do. I don't have any experience with the new Kindle Fire but I hear they're already planning the follow up to it since the Fire was relased 3-4 months behind schedule.

mmmmmm guess i wont buy the kindle fire for nows.

i have an version of a nook and love it. does exactly what its supposed to do, its very easy to use, and easy on the eyes. prior to getting the nook, i had probably read 3 books in the last 10 years. Since then, I've cutdown my TV watching significantly, and spend a lot of my free time reading.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Amazon tracks, the items you browse at and buy. "This what other people have gotten together with this item" "The items you've looked at before" "Authors you think you'll read" etc....isn't that the same as tracking.
Meh, that kinda comes in handy though
laugh.gif

dpes the kindle not have a dictionary available? i think that is a big plus if only the nook has it

which one has the more books available?

hmmmmm, interesting

Back
Top Bottom